23. Second Chance

Wait for Me [L.Joe Fanfiction]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

L.Joe's POV

"So, Byunghun. I hope you don't mind to start your most requested story now."

Her words made me gulped as my nervousness couldn't be controlled at all. She was right. I should be ready by now. I should have started without her needed to command me to do it. I should begin. I should spill the beans.

Park Joo Hyun should know the truth.

"Okay, Joohyun." I said to her, before I asked her permission to take a seat at the chairs nearby. Yup, there were two, beautiful chairs that were comfortable enough for this kind of moment. I was so nervous that I had to keep myself cool. But I had no idea on how anything could help me.

"Okay. Let's take our seats." She replied in agreement, before led me to the place that we should go. We took our seats with me, being a scaredy cat all over again. Ugh. How I hate to get this kind of feelings. I should have been throwing it away but no. It was still here, disturbing me.

"The truth is, Joohyun," I began slowly with me, tried to control my voice as I wanted it to sound as normal as possible. I took a deep breath, before continued to tell a story for this girl in front of me. She was looking straight in my eyes, didn't want to turn her gaze at somewhere else.

"You and I got engaged on the age seven. Our parents arranged the engagement. There was a behind-the-scene scene for it. I bet you're not going to laugh. But I'll tell you anyway."

"Whatever. Just straight to the point, Byunghun."

I lifted my head to look at Joohyun, who was crossing her hands on her chest. It was the first time that she looked so mad and frustrated. I knew how she felt. Who wouldn't be curious? And most of all, who wouldn't get mad when a friend of yours was actually your fiancé but one of you didn't have any idea about the special relationship at all?

And the most important thing of all things, she already belonged to someone who I started to hate since the day he came into my life and destroyed everything.

Sigh.

I understood her feelings. She must be so freaked out, especially when she kept dreaming of me for years. Now, Joohyun, you will be getting the true answer.

"Before we got engaged, we were best friends. I've told you before about it, so I'm not going to focus on that anymore. Seems we were best friends, our parents decided to get us in a relationship. Why, you might ask? Because for them, we're a perfect match. We look good together. Yeah. That's the reason."

Joohyun slowly put down her hands onto her lap. Her reaction had slowly showed the difference. She didn't look that mad anymore. She looked like she was going to smile, but she hid it with all her best.

Huh. Why should she smile about us, being a perfect match anyway? She was taken for God's sake.

"The engagement happened when you came to my house with your parents. At first, I had no idea who my fiancé was going to be. I didn't know it was you. I didn't know it was going to be my best friend. I didn't know it was going to be my -"

I cut myself when I just realized that I couldn't say this word. I couldn't explain or tell her that I was her lover. I loved her. No, I couldn't confess to her my feelings. I couldn't do it yet, as long as she was in a relationship with that dude. Like I told you guys, I didn't want to ruin their relationship if for Joohyun, it was her happiness.

But I don't think she thought it that way for now.

"What is it, Byunghun? You want to add something?" She asked me when I suddenly stopped, looking at the ground. My face changed all of a sudden when I remembered the fact that I couldn't love her anymore. Because of that, Joohyun found it as it was truly obvious and got worried. No wonder she asked me that kind of question.

"Nothing," I said, before hurriedly continued. I couldn't manage myself to answer more questions from her. I would be crazy to hear them and I didn't get the courage to answer them honestly as this nervousness was killing me.

"When you came, I was the most shocked person on Earth. I didn't expect you to be there. I was happy, anyway, because you were my best friend. You were the one that gave me company. You were the one that would always be there for me. You were the one -"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter