25. The New Game

Wait for Me [L.Joe Fanfiction]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun’s POV

I felt peace after a while. This was the best feeling ever to be beside your own fiancé who you hadn’t have any idea how he could be your fiancé, seems he was your best friend at the first place. And how did both of us get the braveness to confess our damn true feelings which obviously, we would feel embarrassed or shy.

But, it felt good. The confession wasn’t that bad. It was perfect for me. And the most amazing thing that ever happened in my life was I couldn’t remember the day Taehyun confessed his ‘true’ feelings to me and the way he confessed it was so romantic or not.

Congratulations, Park Joo Hyun.

Byunghun and I were walking in to find our beloved, most respected parents. They must have been waiting for quite a long period of time. I felt bad to let them wait, for the true reason that they didn’t have to as I should have known this earlier. Well, it wasn’t my fault that I didn’t know that Byunghun was my fiancé.

I would love to apologize if I couldn’t stop repeating the best word for me now – fiancé.

Byunghun pointed at me politely towards where our parents were enjoying the food without us. We looked at each other before continued our steps to walk towards them. How could they to eat without us. I understood if they were hungry, but the youngsters here were carrying an empty stomach each, too.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” Both of us greeted the elders when we finally reached the place at where they were busy having a conversation. I couldn’t hear a single word for any of them although we were close now. Byunghun and I could see them laughing just now. I had to be honest that I could hear Daddy’s loud voice, laughing like the funny thing was the funniest thing in the universe.

I’m sorry, Daddy. I didn’t mean to put your reputation down.

The elders stopped with what they were doing and lifted up their heads to look at us. Many pairs of eyes stopped at ours with their mouths almost formed into an alphabet called ‘O’. Aunt Minyoung put her fork and spoon down. The same went to Uncle Minhyuk. Both of Byunghun’s parents did the same thing, but different with what mine did.

“Joohyun! Byunghun!” Mummy interrupted the awkward silence. “Don’t just stand there. Please take your seats, children.”

As the most obedient children that these lucky parents would ever have, we took our seats beside my Mummy. I knew you guys know that we were sitting side by side. This was totally the best feeling in 1001 pages of love stories that have been written by different kinds of lovers.

“So, how was that thing?” Uncle Minhyuk grabbed the chance to ask us, who actually wanted to sip a drink of the nice looking orange juice. We put our glasses back, before Byunghun played the role as the Romeo to answer his father’s question. I would be the luckiest person in the world if he was truly mine. Mine, and will never be anyone else.

Please tell me that I was daydreaming.

“Great, appa,” Byunghun answered, before formed a nice smile. “Besides, we don’t have any awkward moment at all. Both of us have agreed to be fiancés like we already are. Don’t you think it is the best thing to be heard of?” He added.

Luckily my parents didn’t continue to dig in as each of them were about to chock after they heard this guy beside me gave a honest statement. Well, it may not be too honest as we were awkward at first, before both of us got the braveness that no one could ever imagined that we got it.

There was a moment of freedom. I decided to take a drink as I didn’t get to do it just now. Byunghun did the same thing, as I knew very well that he was very desperate to fulfill his throat’s request. He drank his orange juice in just one shot, leaving me beside him stared at him, almost blankly. I hoped I wasn’t just staring at him without any reason that could make myself embarrassed. Example : I was staring at him because of his handsomeness.

That was way too much but, yeah. True story.

“So both of you are still engaged?” Mummy asked. “Joohyun, you really accept it?” Aunt Minyoung added with another question, and it was dedicated to me. I answered hers first, as I had to work with Byunghun to answer Mummy’s question together. I gave Aunt Minyoung a nod, before turned to him to answer the next question.

“Yes, we are.” We answered in unison, which left the elders to form a smile on each of their faces. Aunt Minyoung’ smile seemed to be the sweetest of all. She must be so happy to know that I was still with his son. I’ve accepted to still be with him although at first, he himself didn’t know that I didn’t have any love story anymore.

Should I begin a new love story? Maybe. Just maybe.

“That’s good,” Daddy answered, before begin to eat again. “Please eat, you two. It’s bad to let both of you starve because you guys can’t eat the delicious delicacies.” He commanded, before gave himself a nice spoon of caramel.

So they had the entrée and main dish already?!

“It’s okay, Joohyun. We’ll just eat together.” Byunghun whispered beside me, like he could really read my mind that I was actually quite mad to know that they had the other main dishes without us. They left us without any food that could be tasted even a bite. How could they.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter