gloxinia

Starstruck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I never belived in love at first sight until the moment I met you.”

The CF filming for Innisfree’s latest product goes well without a hitch despite me being so physically drained. Not only did I have strenuous hours of drama filming beforehand, but I also had no time for even a 10-minute rest. After filming ended, I went straight to the set. It’s tiring, but I think it’s worthwhile. It has been a long time since I last did a CF with Innisfree.

“Yoona, they’ve come to interview you.” Heechul oppa appears at the waiting room when I’m still resting comfortably on the couch.

“Yes.” He nods. “Let’s not make them wait for us.”

“Okay.” I throw my cell phone aside and rise from the seat. I didn’t remove my make-up before because I know I will be having a 5-minute interview from KBS’s Entertainment Weekly.

Once I’m done, I head towards the interview location, which it uses the same set as the photo shoot.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” I greet the team with a formal voice, a bright smile on my face. “Please take care of me, everyone.”

     

“It’s been a while, Yoona!” The interviewer, Rainbow’s Jisook starts the session on cue. She’s the same age of me, so it’s really comfortable to be interviewed by her. Plus, this is not my first appearance in the show. I’ve had a couple of times in the past.

“Yes, it has, Jisook,” I answer, placing my hand on her shoulder momentarily. “How have you been?”

“I’ve been really good and it’s really nice to meet you today.” She lets out a chuckle.

“Me too.”

“Before I forget, please introduce yourself to viewers, Yoona.”

I give her a small nod and start introduction, “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m actress Im Yoona. It’s nice to be back to Entertainment Weekly.”

“So Yoona…” She flips through the cue card in her grip before looking up. “Can you tell us what you’ve been up to these days?”

“Uhm, right now I’m currently filming a SBS drama with Ji Changwook sunbae-nim entitled ‘Wonderstruck’. Everyone please give lots of love to the drama!”

“Viewers who haven’t checked out your drama must be curious as to know what the drama is about. So… can you tell us briefly what it is about?”

“Sure,” I say and continue, “’Wonderstruck’ is a romantic comedy drama about Jung Sena, which is played by me, a young woman who’s afraid to be in love again because of her past flame. Her ex-boyfriend cheated on her and it led her to think that there is no such thing about true love.”

“…until she meets an enigmatic man with such vague identity, Yoon Minjae.” I end the brief explanation with a broad smile. “There’s a mysterious element in the drama and for me, I think it’s different from other dramas we have had before.”

“That definitely sounds intriguing. Anyone who hasn’t watched Yoona’s drama, please do so, or else you will miss a decent drama!” Jisook turns to me again. “I heard that the rating for ‘’Wonderstruck’ has always been consistent even broke 17% last week. It also has always been 1st during its time slot.”

I clamp a hand over my mouth to stifle my chuckle. “To be honest, I’m shocked. When I was first cast, I didn’t think about the rating because if you see my past works, the ratings weren’t that good,” I say. “Nonetheless, I feel genuinely blessed that ‘Wonderstruck’ turns out to be very successful. It’s all thanks to the compelling storyline, wonderful line-up cast and also, the filming team who’s the pillar of the drama’s success.”

“Since you have starred in a lot of romantic comedy genre like ‘Love Rain’, ‘Prime Minister and I’ and now ‘Wonderstruck’, we can now dub you as the Queen of Romantic Comedy, Yoona.”

“Please don’t,” I reply humbly. “I still have a long way to go.”

“Still, you are a great actress, Yoona. Everyone likes you,” says Jisook, smiling at me.

I beam back at her. “Thank you for the compliment, Jisook.”

“Now let’s talk about the MV you’ve done recently.”

A shiver races down my spine as the topic gets suddenly mentioned, though I’ve foreseen this to come. “Okay, let’s talk about it.”

“You have recently starred in EXO’s former member, Kim Jongdae’s MV. The question is, since you mainly work with actors, so how does it feel to work for the first time, with an idol?”

“It was refreshing, I would have to admit.” My lips quiver, and I’m kind of jumpy at the moment, but I won’t let it be obvious. I should act professional as I always do. I can’t be shaken up just because his name gets mentioned. “As you said, I’ve never worked with idols except for some collaboration in photo shoots and others, so I felt kind of awkward at first. However, that uncomfortable feeling disappeared once I met face-to-face with Kim Jongdae. He’s such a great companion and he created such a vibrant atmosphere in the set. To simply put, he’s an energy pill that everyone likes.”

“Speaking of men, what is your ideal type, Yoona?” Well, here comes the lame, tricky part of the interview. I bet every celebrity tends to sigh when this part appears. They including me, would like if they do not ask this kind of question, but it’s a basic procedure in every TV show.

“Actually… I don’t really have an ideal type, but I like a man with good sense of humor and accepts me for who I am,” I say, biting my lower lip in deep thought. “And also, I like a man who can make my heart flutter.”

I add vigorously, “There are actions that can lead to it. For example, my heart would beat faster if he were to ruffle my hair as if I were a kid and tell me that I’m cute.”

“Wouldn’t it be hard to find one, Yoona?” A chortle escapes her lips.

“I guess so.” I shrug. “Still, I’m positive there is a man like that out there.”

“If you were given a chance to pick between your co-star, Ji Changwook sunbae-nim or the idol you had collaboration recently, Kim Jongdae, which one of them would you choose?”

“Oh my God, do I have to answer this?” I didn’t see this coming. Jisook is being so sly today!

She grins at me wolfishly. “You have to, Yoona.”

“Well.” I wonder which one of them I should choose. I mean, it’s kind of dangerous, to be honest. I’m afraid of what kind of article would come out once they have my confession. “I think I’d choose… the latter.”

“Oh, Kim Jongdae?” Jisook’s eyes glisten expectantly. She shoots me an agog look. “Why do you choose him, Yoona? Do you, by chance, fancy younger men over older men?”

“Of course I don’t,” I answer with a laugh, not wanting to create any scandal. “I chose Kim Jongdae because throughout our collaboration in the MV, he somehow fits my ideal type.”

“Does that mean you support noona–dongsaeng relationship?” Jisook questions, noting that the mentioned idol singer is younger than me.

I remember his words on the thought. I wonder what he’s going to say if he ever watches this broadcast.

“I don’t know how to say this, but it doesn’t mean I’m supporting noona–dongsaeng relationship, either.” I glance up at the camera lens, a smile of significance makes its way to the corner of my lips. “You know, as long as the is not too big, I don’t feel that there would be any problem for them. Plus, as long as both persons’ hearts and minds are together in it, I feel that it is sufficient to be in love.”

     

“Sit down,” he instructs rather sternly, dragging me down the couch. “I have to tell you something.”

My throat feels suddenly dry. “What is it about?”

“You know,” he says, his lower lip in slight edginess and sooner later, his eyes are glued on me. “I think…”

 “… I like you.”

Ever since I know about him being persistent of having me as the female lead of his MV despite the first choice was another young actress, I’ve had a hunch saying he likes me—or just a tiny crush on me. I mean, why would one do that if he doesn’t have feelings for someone, right?

However, never once have I thought he would be utterly bold to confess what he feels for me that night.

My reaction? Of course I was thrown off guard and was completely at loss of words. I still remembered how pale my face was and my fingers were trembling so hard.

“I’m deeply sorry if I made you surprised with sudden confession,” he says once he notices I give him nothing but a puzzled look.

I bite my lip and look down. And if you’d known I’d be surprised, why would you have bothered confessing to me like, at this very moment?

“I don’t think I could hold any longer,” he adds and darts me a deep glance into my eyes. “When I first saw you that night during Yoo In Na’s birthday party, I’ve fallen for you. Indeed it was a… love at first sight.”

 I nod along, but no response intended.

“You may think I’m s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter