dandelion

Starstruck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Take them all; happiness and faithfulness.”

Mr. Anon:  What are you doing? Resting at home?

Me: Nope. I’m out for dinner with my cousin and his family.

Mr. Anon: Oh, do you guys always meet up with each other?

Me: Sometimes, if I’m not busy. May I know why you’re asking?

Mr. Anon:  Nothing… just curious, you know.  Anyway, what are you guys eating?

Me: Uhm, just samgyupsal.

Mr. Anon: Ah, I love samgyupsal! I think last time I ate it was a week ago. 

Me: Then, would you like to join us?

Mr. Anon: Are you… serious?

I stop after seeing his reply. For the love of God, I was just joking, yet he takes it seriously. No way am I going to let him join us. It’d be totally awkward, and I’m just not completely ready to meet him.

Mr. Anon:  Why aren’t you replying? Am I being left out over samgyupsal?

Me: Of course not! I… uhm, you know, was wondering what I should reply.

Mr. Anon:  Why were you wondering? Is it, by chance, just a joke? Were you just joking about me joining you guys?

Me: Yes, it was a joke! How can we meet when we just know each other for like, a week!

Mr. Anon: I’m wounded /wails/

Me: /rubs your chest with medicine/

It’s not that I’m being paranoid of meeting him or anything. I would like to meet him one day, but not tonight. We just started out texting a week ago and are still in the stage of getting to know each other.

Getting to know him is indeed a big pleasure. He’s such a nice guy. He always cracks a lot of jokes and there’s no one time I do not smile. He always makes my day feel a lot better, and when there are times I’m tired of my packed schedule, he’d always cheer me up with such healing texts.

Sometimes, I wonder about a lot of things concerning him. How does he look like? Is he handsome or is he just plain normal like other guys? However, I kind of have this thought that he’s handsome. I don’t know why, but I always get this hunch whenever I think of him. If he really is good-looking, then it’s a bonus. But if he’s not, then it’s okay. I’m not that kind of girl who prioritizes looks; his heart is what matters the most to me.

Ah, speaking of our way to communicate, we’ve changed it from text message to KakaoTalk two days ago. If you were wondering why, it’s simply because we always text to each other from time to time and our credits will always plummet. That’s why we’re using KakaoTalk—it’s easier this way. We just need to have internet connection whenever we feel like texting to each other.

“You look happy, unnie,” Soojung comments as she gives a perfectly-wrapped samgyupsal to her 5 year-old son, to which I hurriedly toss my cell phone aside and look unnervingly at my cousin’s wife.

“What are you talking about, Soojung?” I say awkwardly. “I’m always happy, you know.”

“Nope, you’re not.” She emits a rather ironic chuckle. “You know, Naeun’s a close friend of mine and we saw each other recently. It’s been a while since we last met so there are a lot of things we talked about. And you know what, unnie? She mentioned your name. She said that you’ve become quite different during these past few days. You’d always grin whenever you’re staring at your cell phone.”

Aish, that big-mouthed Naeun! She could’ve talked about something else than about me! Now that Soojung knows about it, she’d continuously tease me, for God’s sake!

“Who’s Mr. Anon?”

My jaw drops, clearly gobsmacked. “How did you know, Soojung?!”

“You were so obvious, unnie. I caught you when you were flashing your cell phone screen at me,” Soojung says. “So… he’s your boyfriend, eh? But if he is your boyfriend, why would you name him with such a weird nickname?”

I feel a jolt of rage burning inside me. I mean, is that even possible? She manages to uncover my secret affair with that mysterious guy at once when I’ve tried so hard to keep it a secret!

It’s partially my fault, though. If I hadn’t been too giddy and ended up showing it to her, I wouldn’t have been caught red-handed!

This is so embarrassing! That’s why I had this stupid hunch saying I should’ve made up an excuse when Sehun asked me for dinner! Something’s bad is going to happen and yes, it’s already happened!

“Mom, what is ‘Anon’?” Oh Daehan his head adorably.

“It’s nothing, Daehan!” I ruffle his head lovingly with a nervous smile on my lips. “Keep eating! We’ve got a lot for you!”

Soojung just chortles in amusement, knowing her son’s surprisingly curious as she is. “Unnie, don’t worry,” she starts, grinning significantly. “I won’t tell anyone about your boyfriend… even to Sehun. You have my words.”

“He’s not my boyfriend!” It just makes things worse, I would say. The latter doesn’t stop guffawing, and I could only shake my head helplessly. It’s all ruined now!

“Hey guys, I’m back!” Sehun appears at our table a few moments later.

“What are you doing in the washroom for too long?” Soojung asks her husband.

Sehun shakes his head. “Jongin called me just now when I was on the way here.”

“Why did he call you?”

“He wants to meet me since we haven’t met up in a while,” he says at the thought of his best friend, Kim Jongin. He then takes a piece of the meat and feeds his son. “You know, I’ve been busy lately at office and so has he. We opt for a small get-together this weekend with the rest of our friends.”

I stare at them wordlessly as I devour the delectable dinner. Sometimes, seeing them as a family makes me feel jealous. They got married right after high school graduation and that happened because Soojung found out about her pregnancy.

Uncle Oh and Auntie Oh were so mad when they discovered it. I still remember how long Sehun got preached that day. At last, they and Soojung’s parents decided to wed them the next day. It was such a hasty wedding, but it’s fortunate that they are still going steady even after 5 years of marriage. They have been dating since high school, after all. If the marriage was merely based on lust, I bet they would’ve gotten a divorce a long time ago.

“By the way, I kind of overheard something when I was coming here,” Sehun says.

I raise an eyebrow of suspicious at him. “What is it?”

“Soojung said that you just got yourself a boyfriend, noona.” My face heats up at his unexpected answer. I give a brisk glance to Soojung, but she just shakes her head. Clearly she wasn’t expecting her husband to have overheard what we were talking about when he wasn’t around.

“Is it true?” Sehun says, looking particularly interested.

I take a deep breath. “Did you say that, Soojung?” I just hope Soojung would get that. “I don’t recall saying I’m now dating to your wife, Sehun.”

He turns to his wife, rolling his eyes skeptically.

“That’s right. It was Naeun who’s now got herself a boyfriend,” Soojung finally backs me up, though Sehun isn’t completely convinced by her statement. 

Nevertheless, Soojung is seriously a good liar—she wraps things up perfectly and there’s no more conversation about ‘boyfriend’ floating around.

I wonder how Naeun’s doing at home. I just hope she won’t be choking on her spit just because we had to use her name in order to escape!

     

Today is the day where I will be filming a music video for EXO’s—, I did it again. It’s Kim Jongdae, for heaven’s sake! Why am I so stupid to still regard him as a member of EXO? He’s left the group for like, a year ago!

Anyway, I just arrived at the filming set in Hongdae early at 7 o’clock in the morning. The filming crew are all scattered around to set things up and also, I spot the one’s going to direct the music video, Director Ahn. I have worked with him in the past and I’d say he’s a nice, considerate director.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Director Ahn.” I smile at him as my manager and I head off to greet him.

“Oh, annyeonghaseyo, Yoona,” he says, a little bit surprised of our morning visit. “You’ve come quite early today.”

I just laugh. “I couldn’t wait for the filming to get started!”

“Well, that’s good to hear, then,” he answers, a thoughtful expression on his face. “You’ve already known what we’re going to do today, right?”

“Of course, Director Ahn,” I say. “I’ve prepared everything in the first place.” There was a meeting for the music video last Monday and I, of course, had to attend it in order to comprehend the storyline of the music video and what kind of character I’m going to play in the music video.

“Yoona’s a good actress, so you don’t need to worry, Director Ahn,” Heechul oppa breaks in.

“I know that,” the director says in delight. “I’ve worked with her for several times and I’d dare say that she’s one of the actresses I love to work with.”

“I’ll take that as a compliment, Director Ahn.” I couldn’t help blushing at his flattery. “By the way, I don’t see Kim Jongdae around. Hasn’t he come yet?”

“Oh, he’ll be here shortly,” he says. “I’ll ask him to meet you before the filming starts.”

I merely nod in response. It’s kind of weird, though. I haven’t officially met him, though we’re going to work together today. He didn’t come to the music video meeting last Monday since he was in Singapore for a concert.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter