The Story

Love At Second Sight [ H I A T U S ]

A/N: The picture on top... was random.


[Wooyoung’s POV]

     “My mum…she’s dead.”

     Jieun looked shocked. “Omo. I’m so sorry oppa…”

     “No need to be. Anyway…when she died, I was ten and I had a younger sister then. We were a single-parent family. So when my mum died, we became orphans…We were adopted by different families… and I haven’t seen my sister since.”

     “You… don’t know where she is?” Jieun whispered.

     “All I know was that she was adopted by a family living in California.”

     I sighed as I looked up at the sky.

 

     It was going to rain then.

     “Wooyoung! Stop running! Where’s Soojung?”

     “She’s here, eomma.” I held my sister’s hand tightly. “Oppa… it hurts!” Soojung whined.

     “What are you doing to Soojung, don’t be mean because you’re the older brother!”

     As we passed by that very same shop … I spotted that musical box. I don’t know how I managed to see it from so far away, but it was… glowing. It was appealing to me… I wanted so much to hold it, to turn the knob and listen to its song…

     “Eomma… that sound…”

     “Wae Wooyoung?”

     “I like it.”

     “Wooyoung-yah, are you talking about that musical box?”

     “That sound… it’s really nice.” I closed my eyes, and for a moment my grip on Soojung’s hand loosened.

     Then she found that exact moment to escape.

     “Soojung-yah!”

     Soojung laughed as she turned and started running backwards.

     “Don’t do that Soojung-yah, it’s dangerous!”

     “That sound…” A different voice.

     A little girl, around my age, was standing in the middle of the road, walking slowly, one hand stretched out. A huge lorry was going in her direction, but because she was so small, the driver didn’t see her. My eyes followed the direction of her hand…

     She was pointing at the musical box. I could see the same thing that I saw in her eyes, a glowing musical box…She didn’t notice the lorry, and neither did the lorry driver knew he was going to hit a small girl.

     I had to do something, right?

     Without thinking I rushed out of the road, wanting to pull the girl back onto safe ground. She didn’t budge, and my mistake… I looked back towards the box. For a moment both of us were staring, transfixed, at the box.

     Then Soojung screamed.

     My mother had suddenly appeared out of nowhere, pushing me and that girl to safety…

     But she was hit by the lorry.

     Seeing her lifeless body… her eyes, however, were still open…it was scary.

     Blood.

     Blood everywhere.

     Soojung was crying and screaming at her side. The lorry driver had stepped out, dazed, calling the ambulance or the police I didn’t care…

     For a moment nothing in the world cared to me.

     My mum was dead.

     When I turned around… the girl was in front of the shop, both hands on the glass, staring at what I knew was the musical box…

 

[Soojung’s POV]

     How could she still be caring about the stupid musical box?

     My mother was dead… and it’s all her fault!

     Not caring, I ran up to her and pushed her aside.

     In that split second I managed to remember her facial features. Her eyes, nose, mouth, everything.

     She was my mother’s killer.

     She has to pay.

     “Soojung, what are you doing?” Wooyoung suddenly pulled me away.

     “She killed mum!”

     “I know.” It was a surprisingly calm reaction.

     “Why aren’t you upset?”

     “I’m…” Wooyoung’s voice suddenly trailed away. Suddenly all the anger evaporated and I burst into tears. Wooyoung pulled me into an embrace.

     “We’re alone now Soojung…” He whispered.

     “We’re on our own now...” I sobbed into his shoulder.

     As I looked up to the sky, raindrops started falling.

     In this dark world, we’re on our own now.

     There’s nobody left.

   

[Wooyoung’s POV]

     “Any relatives?” the police officer asked. My grip on Soojung’s hand tightened.

     “My sister,” I told him plainly.

     The police officer glanced at Soojung. “Anyone else?”

     “No.”

     The police officer nodded. Then afterwards, I heard him say, “They’re to go to the orphanage.”

     I looked at Soojung. Her eyes were empty of emotion.

     And the world seemed to get darker as rain fell.

***

     It’s been a few days in the orphanage when suddenly a family came… and they wanted to adopt Soojung.

     “They’re siblings,” the orphanage owner tried to explain. “It’s better if you adopt both.”

     “Jessica here only wants a sister.” The mother lovingly put her arms on the older girl’s shoulders. Soojung grasped my hand tightly.

     “If you want, we’ll get her then.” The father said. The girl called Jessica nodded.

     “They even almost have the same name, both of their names start with ‘Soo’.” The mother added.

     When both parents looked down at me, I made sure they both felt my glare.

***

     “OPPA!” Soojung screamed.

     The orphanage owner was having a hard time trying to separate her from me.

     “SHE’S NOT GOING ANYWHERE!” I screamed at the owner.

     “I’M NOT GOING ANYWHERE WITHOUT OPPA!” Soojung screamed back.

     “Please try to understand, Wooyoung, Soojung, I can’t reject this—”

     “I WON’T UNDERSTAND!” Both of us screamed at the same time. By now more people had come to pull Soojung away. Her hand was slipping away — no, this cannot happen! Soojung seemed to realize the same thing and she tightened her grip.

     But of course… in the end.

     We were both separated and left alone.

     In the dark world.

 

[Soojung’s POV]

     And so I was separated from Wooyoung.

     For so many years.

     I was given a new name, a new identity. Krystal. To make things worse, we even moved to California.

     But I didn’t stay there for so many years doing nothing. I watched Korean news, and I found out the identity of the girl who’d caused my mother to die.

     Of course, I worked hard, and last year I finally got permission from my so-called parents to come back to Korea to study in this school… that I found out that Wooyoung was in. I managed to get in as a special student… able to start with other people two years older than me…

     What was bad and good was that… Wooyoung didn’t recognize me. And we were still in the same class.

     It was really hard to believe at first.

     But then I realized another thing.

     That girl Jieun was in the same school.

     That very same girl who caused my mother’s death.

     The perfect revenge plan started once I stepped into the school.

 

[Wooyoung’s POV]

     I stopped talking.

     The past was…too hurting to talk about.

     And so started the first few raindrops…They mixed with my tears… until I realized Jieun was still there.

     She was crying.

     “Sad, isn’t it?” I smiled a little. “That’s how terrible my life is. I’m not Jang Wooyoung for no reason.”

     She didn’t reply, but she buried her face in her hands.

     “Don’t cry… It’s not your fault anyway.”

 

[Jieun’s POV]

     It’s all my fault…

     I caused his mother to die… I caused him and his sister to be separated…

    It’s all my fault…



 

A/N: Did AFF glitch? I posted this like... two days ago and only now I realised it disappeared... Mianhae all, *rubs eyes* I've lost sleep after spamming so much yesterday due to Minari (FTI's drummer)'s birthday today! 11/11/11!

Happybirthday my handsome awesome hawt cute Minari oppa ♥-♥

Hehe, HAPPY PEPERO DAY EVERYONE! Have a pepero~

Okay, so recently I got more subbers for my other dead fic, so today I'm in a good mood and I shall try to update both ^^ The mystery person is out! APinkSyndrome unnie, you got it again! It's Krystal... (for those who still don't understand, read this again!)

And if you were wondering... I was listening to On Rainy Days by Beast when I was writing this... so yeah XD

Comment and subscribe please ♥ Gomawo ~

follow me on twitter @_seungteddyy gomawo :D