Bad Day

Love At Second Sight [ H I A T U S ]

 

[Jieun’s POV]

     “Who wants to help me carry these books?” Kim seonsaengnim asked the class, tapping the books lightly and looking expectantly at the boys, somehow at a crestfallen Yoseob who was playing with his hair.

     Someone from the back immediately shouted out, “Jieun does!”

     What? Is this possibly revenge for getting the school’s seemingly most wanted boy as a boyfriend as a music partner? It’s not my fault!

     I turned around and tried to find out who was the one that sabotaged me. Too late. I saw almost half the class glaring at me back.

     Thus, I was handed the unpleasant task of being the 'helpful' student. I was carrying a huge stack of books, which were piled so high when I looked front, I couldn't see anything more than layers and layers of paper and covers. I had to awkwardly tilt my head to the side of the pile in order to watch where I was going. In this manner I cautiously picked my way to the staffroom, where I could finally get rid of my burden.

     When I was just a few ten more steps away, I failed to see a student running at full speed towards my direction from the left, as I could only see ahead and the right, as the pile of books still obstructed my view on the left. As a result, I was knocked sideways by the student, and books flew out of my hand in slow motion. I shut my eyes as I waited for myself to hit the floor and earn a few bruises to add to my wound on my leg.

     Surprisingly, I didn't reach the floor. Instead, a hand reached out and grabbed my wrist, stopping me from falling, before pulling me up towards the owner of the hand. Shocked, I opened my eyes, only to find myself face to face to the person who both knocked me down, but saved me. He stared at me for a moment, his face blank, before abruptly letting go of my hand and I stumbled back a few steps and landed, hard, on my . The boy burst out in laughter, as I sat there on the floor stunned. Books circled around me on the floor. Soon, there was another circle around me, but it wasn't of books, but of students. My cheeks heated up in embarrassment, and I tried to swallow my tears when people started laughing. After awhile, the crowd faded and the boy was still there.

      Silently, the boy began to pick up my books and piled them up next to me. I stared at him as he did so, watching his every move. When he was done, he extended his hand out to me and I grasped it hesitantly. We stayed like that for awhile, hands together, me on the floor and him standing. Suddenly he pulled me up, and then let go of my hand to pick up the stack of books.

      He proceeded to walk towards the staffroom, still holding my books, and stopped to turn around and ask me,

      “This was where you were heading, right? What’s your class?”

     This was said softly, and I had to strain my ears to hear him. I replied with an equally quiet 'yes' and told him my class softly. He tilted his head to one side as though thinking about something then his eyes cleared and he shook his head abruptly.

     He walked into the staffroom, dumped the books in my class locker and then turned to me. He scratched the back of his head nervously and muttered,

       “Uh... mianhae, you know, like, for pushing you and laughing and stuff.”

     An awkward silence dawned on us. I was about to say it was okay and it didn't matter, when he turned bright red and turned away. I could hear him grumbling a 'whatever' and he walked out of the staffroom. 

     I quickly walked out of the staffroom to look for him, only to meet an empty corridor. Crestfallen, I leaned against a wall, and whispered the very question I had wanted to ask him, “ Wh-whats your name...” Too late. “Pabo,” I scolded myself under my breath and smacked my forehead.

***

     “Jinjja? He saved you then let go of you? And watched you fall onto the ground?” Jiyeon exclaimed in disbelief when I returned back to class and told her what happened. I nodded sadly. Jiyeon stared at me in disbelief, muttering some unknown words under her breath.

     “What’s his name?”

     “I don’t know…”

     “How does he look like?”

     “I… forgot.”

     Jiyeon looked as though she wanted to punch me in the face. Then she sighed.

     “I think you’ll meet him again, won’t you?” Jiyeon smiled wryly.

     I smiled back at her.

     Hopefully?

 

[Wooyoung’s POV]

     “Ahh… what did I do?” I rubbed my cheeks, which were red with embarrassment. “Jang Wooyoung… why did you do that?”

     “Do what?” Someone started walking beside me.

     “Eunjung?” I turned around.

     “I’ve never seen Jang Wooyoung ever regretting things that he did,” Eunjung smiled.

     “Well, this time it’s different! She almost cried…”

     “Since when did you care whether your victims cried?” Eunjung asked sharply.

     She was right.

     Since when did I care?

     What’s happening to me?

     “Anyway… I’ll see you back in class,” Eunjung smiled wryly at me again and walked away at a slightly faster speed. Eunjung’s been my friend since I don’t know when. Other than my mother, she probably understands me second best. She was right in one thing. I’ve always been known for toying with girls, making them upset and stuff like that. I’ve never cared about their feelings. But this time… why did I care?

***

     That girl’s class seemed oddly familiar to me. 1/4?

     “Eunjung-ah, in which way is class 1/4 related to me?” I slid into the empty seat next to Eunjung. She shot me a look.

     “Jang Wooyoung, your partner is Lee Jieun from 1/4.” Eunjung repeated in the exact same manner that the teacher had said it, in a singsong voice. “It’s amazing how you forget things so fast.” She commented dryly.

     “Thanks,” I stood up and started walking towards the door of the classroom.

     “Yah, where are you going?”

     “To 1/4.”

     “Class is starting!”

     I turned around and smiled at Eunjung. “Help me find an excuse?”

     “Yah! Jang Wooyoung!”

     I ignored her. I had to find out who this Lee Jieun from 1/4 was.

 

[Jieun’s POV]

     “And so the value of x is— Jang Wooyoung-ssi! What are you doing here?” My math teacher was rudely interrupted with a guy called Jang Wooyoung poking his head through the door.

     It was him. The same guy who’d saved me, let me fall, laughed and helped me up again.

     “I’m here to find… Lee Jieun? It’s an emergency,” He scanned the classroom and for a moment our eyes locked. Then he looked away and smiled at the teacher.

     “Emergency? And what sort of emergency would that be?”

     “An emergency,” he smiled cheekily.

     So he was Jang Wooyoung, the infamous playboy. And my music partner.



 

A/N : Thanks to my friend who'd contributed to some parts of this chapter~

Hehe, thanks to all my current subscribers and commenters~ ^^ I know this chapter was y and a little lame but I'll try to improve.

Comment and subscribe please ♥