Is Krystal...

Love At Second Sight [ H I A T U S ]

 

[Jieun’s POV]

Minwoo? What’s he doing here?

“Nuna!” Minwoo’s face broke into a wide smile. “I didn’t know I’ll see you here!”

“Minwoo? You’re that Minwoo? The Minwoo that was always bullied?”

“And was always saved by you, Chanshik-hyung, and Jiyeon-nuna yep, that very Minwoo!” Minwoo pulled out the lollipop he was eating and gave me a big bear hug.

“And that’s Jiyeon-nuna?” Minwoo’s big eyes became bigger. “I can’t believe it! You’re all here!”

“But Minwoo, what are you doing here?” Jiyeon asked. “Don’t tell me…you’re a special student?”

“Yah nuna,” Minwoo gave a light punch on Jiyeon’s shoulder. “I’m good at dancing, okay? Oh and I also heard that Chanshik-hyung is also here! Have you guys seen him?”

Jiyeon and I exchanged looks before shaking our heads. Chanshik was here too? But I haven’t seen him anywhere in this school… unless his looks really changed a lot when he moved. Four of us, we were the best childhood friends and we were always sticking together, three of us constantly looking after the younger Minwoo. But one day, all of these changed when Chanshik suddenly moved to Seoul. Then Jiyeon and I moved there too, and since our families were also close, we remained in contact. Although Jiyeon and I tried to contact Minwoo, it seemed like he’d also moved and changed his phone number, so until now what’s left of the ‘usual four’ were just me and Jiyeon. But now it seems like there was a chance for all four of us to meet and reunite.

“Yah Minwoo, how did you recognize me anyway?”

“Like how you recognized me, nuna… you look exactly the same! A little harder for Jiyeon nuna but it was easy to guess.”

“And about Chanshik… how did you know he was here?”

Minwoo smiled.

[Wooyoung’s POV]

“Ji…” the name I was going to say died on my lips when I saw her laughing and talking to a boy which seemed much younger than she was. The boy was speaking loudly and once or twice I heard him say ‘nuna’. Once or twice Jieun would ruffle his hair and occasionally touch his arm, and the boy would also sometimes pinch Jieun’s cheeks. Then Jiyeon noticed me.

“Wooyoung! Why are you standing there?” Jiyeon beckoned me over. I started walking over and there was something that I realized… Jieun never was so happy when she was with me before. When I came over, however, her smile dropped a little. So did the boy’s. But then the smile appeared again on the boy’s face, but it wasn’t warm.

“So this is the Wooyoung guy you were talking about?” The boy pointed at me to Jieun, as though I wasn’t there. My smile dropped when Jieun nodded awkwardly. Then the boy stood up, a serious look on his face.

“I’m No Minwoo. Remember that name. If you dare hurt my Jieun nuna in anyway… you will die.” Minwoo glared at me for a moment, then that scary cute smile reappeared again. “Here hyung, you can have this,” Minwoo stuffed the lollipop he was eating into my mouth. I pulled it out and scowled at him, but he didn’t seem to realize and continued talking to Jieun.

Ignoring me?

“Jiyeon-yah, who’s that?” I sat down next to Jiyeon since Jieun was avoiding my gaze.

Jiyeon smiled. “You aren’t jealous are you, Wooyoung?”

“So what if I am…” I muttered softly under my breath, but Jiyeon heard that and her smile grew.

“Oh, Minwoo, Jieun, me and another guy, we were all childhood friends,” Jiyeon glanced at me. “You are not the one who sent Jieun those letters right?”

Letters? What letters?

“You know… those talking about your… mom’s murderer.” Jiyeon was observing my reaction intently. Damn, did I just speak my thoughts aloud again? I shook my head but Jiyeon wasn’t convinced.

“You are the only one here with a motive. I don’t believe you. If you were the one that is doing this to Jieun, not only Minwoo, I will come and kill you personally.” Jiyeon stood up. “Oh yeah, and by the way do you know a guy called Gong Chanshik?”

“Sounds familiar. I’ll go and find out,” I said in defeat. If Jiyeon didn’t believe me… does that mean Jieun doesn’t believe me too? I glanced at Jieun and Minwoo. Then, Jieun’s head turned. For one moment our eyes locked and I saw her eyes fill with guilt.

Why was she guilty? Guilty of what?

***

“Gong… Chan… shik…” I muttered as I typed out the name in one of the school computers in the school library. There was more than one hundred results. I sighed as I stretched in the chair. How was I ever going to find the Gong Chanshik that Jiyeon mentioned? According to Jiyeon, Chanshik was one of Jieun’s closest friends last time…

How would finding Jieun’s Chanshik help me anyway? I yawned and rubbed my eyes. Then I felt a light tap on my shoulder.

“O~ppa!” Jessica smiled at me. “You’re studying? How cute…”

“Shhh…” I placed a finger on her lips which caused her to blush furiously. Noticing what I had just did, I quickly pulled my hand away. “This is a library. And besides, I told you I’m younger than you.”

“Only by twelve days! That’s not much…” Jessica pouted. Now’s the chance to know more about her sister… I needed to confirm that she wasn’t my sister. She couldn’t be… unless…

“Anyway… I’m curious about your past. Tell me more.”

“Oh… I was born in San Francisco, California… my family moved to South Korea for awhile, then they decided to adopt another girl, to be my sister. I was ten then, and my family adopted Krystal who was two years younger than me.”

Two years younger… like Soojung. I covered my mouth with my hand to ensure that I wasn’t speaking aloud my thoughts.

“Was Krystal her real name? Like… didn’t she have a Korean name?”

“No, Krystal was the name my parents gave her. She did have a Korean name… Jung Soojung.”

Her Korean name was Soojung? But she was a Jung…

“Then afterwards, we went back to California anyway. Krystal came here to Seoul herself, saying she had to study in this school… anyway, why are you so interested?”

“Nothing. I gotta go… erm, I’m meeting my girlfriend.”

Jessica’s smile dropped abruptly and I took full credit for that. She must be thinking that she wasted her time on a guy like me who already got a girlfriend…

Slightly smiling as I left the library, I thought, at least she wouldn’t bother me again.

***

There was a shadow in Jieun’s classroom as I approached it. Firstly, I had no idea why I was here. I wasn’t looking for Jieun, neither was she looking for me…School had ended and knowing that Jieun was in one of the lowest class, I don’t think anyone would stay back to do homework…

The figure bent down towards Jieun’s table. Based on the height and her shadow, it obviously wasn’t Jieun. I saw her fastening something on Jieun’s table before she straightened up again and began to walk out of the door. Not wanting to be caught looking at her, I quickly hid behind a pillar.

It was Krystal.

What was she doing in Jieun’s classroom? I went inside and saw a yellow post-it on the table, secured with more tape to make sure it didn’t fly away before the intended reader read it.

Be careful ~ I’m coming!

The handwriting was familiar. Then it struck me.

Soojung used to write like that too, her words were just special and didn’t look like anyone else’s handwriting…

It didn’t help that Krystal resembled Soojung.

Unless…Krystal really was that Soojung I knew…

My sister?



 

A/N: I know, I o-o I haven't updated for... erm... a week already >.< Mianhae mianhae... jesonghabnida o-o

And yup, the mysterious person was Minwoo ^^

But since everyone wanted Gongchan (well not everyone but the commenters) so I got Channie in too XD (out of story plot already but hey who cares!)

Anyway the picture on top... I don't think Minwoo's eating sucha huge lolly at the time but who cares :D

Oooh, Wooyoung is suspecting Krystal to be his sister... >.< What will happen next >.< Keep updated and expect loads of drama next chapter... close to the end (;

Comment and subscribe please! ^^

(There was a rumour about couples in WGM2012... there was Yoseob x Jiyeon... and Wooyoung x ... Nana of After School. YOU PRODUCERS! WE ALL WANT WOOU! D<)