Someday...

Love At Second Sight [ H I A T U S ]

 

[Wooyoung’s POV]

“W-What are we doing here?”

I tried to observe her expression.

If I was to summarize Jieun’s expression in two words, it would be ‘absolutely frightened’. Her eyes darted about as she took in the surroundings.

“I thought you said you liked the musical box.” I said casually.

Wow Jang Wooyoung, what sort of a two-headed freak are you?

The look in Jieun’s eyes were far away as she refused to look, or even glance at the box. “No, I don’t like it anymore.”

“You sure? I was planning to give it to you as a present~”

Jieun shook her head in confirmation. The look in her eyes were a little dead, tinged with confusion and hurt. “Why did you bring me back to this place?” she demanded. “You know it gives me nightmares.”

“Nightmares? Why?” I silently congratulated myself in my head for being able to get that part out of her. Jieun blinked at me for a moment before she started walking away. In these few days, somehow Jieun seemed to have grown up and matured by a lot. She just wasn’t the cute, innocent and naïve Lee Jieun anymore.

Whatever.

I’ll admit there was really a time where I genuinely cared about her.

But now?

I don’t really know.

[Yoseob’s POV]

I dropped my microphone for the third time today and it crashed on the ground, releasing a couple of piercing feedback. The students doing backstage duty immediately muted out the sound, and one of them cursed.

“What’s with you! You’re usually not like that!” Someone yelled in frustration. I touched my ear lightly. The sound from just now’s feedback was still reverberating, and it was making me dizzy. Blood lightly dripped down my forefinger as I pulled it away from my ear.

“Yah, you’re bleeding!” someone said again. I turned around to the person, but somehow all I could make out was him mouthing something… or was it just my ear? Then suddenly a sharp pain shot through my right ear and I clutched at it. The sudden loss of any sort of sound from one ear made me really dizzy…

Really… very… dizzy…

[Suzy’s POV]

“W-What did you say?” I wrung my hands nervously, a bad habit that I never seemed to get rid of. “What happened to Y-Yoseob?”

The doctor sitting in front of me had something like a mix of pity and serious expression on his face as he glanced at his patient lying on the stark, white bed behind me.

“I’m afraid that Mr. Yang there has a ruptured eardrum.”

“What does that mean?” I said in barely a whisper.

“It means he might lose hearing, maybe temporarily or permanent, as the eardrum heals. But for now, it’s advisable for him to not to come into contact or hear any loud sounds… or better none at all.”

“B-but…” I stuttered. “How long would it take to heal?”

“It depends on person to person.” The doctor replied simply.

“Does that mean I won’t be able to hear anything from my right ear?” Someone said quietly.

“For now, you won’t be able to,” the doctor replied calmly, as though Yoseob had been there all along. “It’s important that you give your ears a rest, don’t use headphones or earphones, or loud music.”

Yoseob nodded, his face looking paler than before.

[Yoseob’s POV]

So… I’m going to be deaf? I cupped my left ear. Sure enough, I couldn’t hear anything much with my right ear. Or was it because it was all bandaged and wrapped up nicely?

“I’m not dead, am I?” I teased the sullen-looking girl beside me. “So what’s with that face?”

“You do realize this might ruin your entire future?”

“Hey, the doctor said it was only temporary—”

“No, he said it might be permanent!” This girl was going crazy, literally. Suzy furiously rubbed away her tears as she attempted to stomp away. I placed my hands on her shoulders, not allowing her to go anywhere.

“No. It’ll be temporary. Trust me.”

“Promise?” Suzy looked like a little girl who was deprived of her candy. I smiled at her and raised my pinky.

“Promise.”

A sudden sharp pain shot through my ear and I winced. Suzy, being the ‘observant’ girlfriend, immediately asked me what was wrong. I didn’t want her to worry.

“Oh, you just squeezed my pinky too hard.” I smirked at her and received a sharp slap on my arm.

About the promise I just made to her… somehow…

I wasn’t all that confident I could keep it.

[Jieun’s POV]

Should I tell him?

Wooyoung stood right outside of the shop, glancing through the window, both hands in his pockets.

“You know,” Wooyoung suddenly said. “I found my sister.”

I kept quiet. I didn’t know what to say.

“She was so close to me… I didn’t even notice her.” Wooyoung’s head was down. “Well, I’m pretty much a failed person. I failed everyone… It’s like I’m this huge disappointment.”

“You’re not a disappointment to me, you’re—”

“Lee Jieun, you never know.” A sad smile appeared on his face. “You never know when the people beside you will start to betray you.”

[Wooyoung’s POV]

Jieun fumbled with her hands as she took in every single word I’d said. I didn’t really want to harm an innocent soul…

Which was why I was giving her a warning.

There was one weakness that Lee Jieun had — and that was that she was never able to spot the people who were true to her, who didn’t lie to her, who actually cared for her well-being. Example, that Yoseob guy. And she was also never able to spot the people who wanted to do harm to her… I was one of them.

Lee Jieun has no idea at all, how many enemies she has.

“W-Wooyoung-yah… I… need to tell you something.”

[Jieun’s POV]

I deserved it.

Ever since that day when I told Wooyoung the truth, he had been avoiding me.

Not that much, maybe sometimes he’d just say hi to me, but other than that… I never saw him much.

It’s all my fault anyway.

And apologies don’t work.

I sighed as I crumpled up the paper again and aimed it at the window. My aim’s really lousy, for one thing. And since Wooyoung didn’t really participate in the music project… I guess I have to do it all.

A silent tear rolled down my cheek.

What did I do to deserve all this? I thought as I clutched at the pencil. Gritting my teeth, and praying that more tears won’t fall, I turned to a fresh new page of my notebook and started to write.

I hope this tears will stop running someday

Someday after this darkness clear up

I hope the warm sunshine dries these tears

When I feel that I’m getting tired of looking me exhausted,

I want to give all my dreams I’ve kept hard

very time I feel that I’m lacking in many things more than I have

I lost strength in my legs and drop down

I hope this tears will stop running someday

 

Someday after this darkness clear up

I hope the warm sunshine dries these tears

Everyday I hold out comforting myself “it’ll be alright”

But it makes me afraid little by little

I tell myself to believe in myself, but I don’t

Now I don’t know how longer I can hold out

But wait it’ll come

Although the night is long, the sun comes up

 

Someday my painful heart will get well

I hope it helps me now.

I hope the God will help me

I don’t have enough confidence more and more to overcome myself

I hope this tears will stop running someday

 

Someday after this darkness clear up

I hope the warm sunshine dries these tears

But wait it’ll come

Although the night is long, the sun comes up

 

Someday my painful heart will get well

 

Someday… Someday…



 

A/N: This. Was. ish. /bursts into tears

Okay, I don't know what to say ><

You guys do know what Jieun told Wooyoung, right?

Their relationship is getting worse... T^T

Comment and subscribe please <3

(but obviously this isn't gonna end soon o-o)