The value of x

Love At Second Sight [ H I A T U S ]

[Jiyeon’s POV]

     He. Was. Freaking. Late.

     We were supposed to meet at 5pm and now what time was it? I looked at my watch. 5.49pm. You would have thought that as a boy, he might at least try to be early. I rapped my fingers impatiently on the table waiting for that boy to come.

     Then suddenly, a relatively dark-skinned and handsome guy sat himself down in front of me, catching his breath.

     “Uhh… mianhae mianhae! My watch died,” And to prove it, he showed me his watch. It was, like he said, dead.

     “It’s okay,” I stared at him as he tried to pull something out of his bag. “So, what do you do?”

     “Me?” The guy looked up. “I’m a bassist, part-time guitarist, vocalist and occasional rapper.” He pulled out an iPod Touch and a pair of earphones and put one into his ear, then looked hesitantly at me and offered me the other one.

     “This is what I’ve sort of prepared anyway, it’s okay if you don’t like it!”

     “It’s nice.” It was a cover of a song and the vocals were excellent. “Did you sing it?”

     A heated blush went up his face and he lowered his head a little and smiled shyly. “Y-Yeah…”

     “It’s awesome.” The guy continued smiling shyly and I just couldn’t resist pinching his cheek. “And you’re cute.”

     “Y-Yah, don’t do that!”

     “But you are cute.”

     “I prefer being handsome than cute.”

     “Fine! Handsome and cute.”

     “That’s better.” A wide smile spread itself on his face.

     It was then that I just realized how pretty he looked.

     “Aww, you’re so pretty.”

     “W-what?” He choked on his drink, eyes widening.

     “You would look so pretty as a girl.”

     “You did not just say that.”

     “I did.”

     “You did not.

     “I did, so what?”

     “No one calls me a girl and gets away with it.”

     Uh-oh.

 

[Wooyoung’s POV]

     Day two of stalking.

     Yep, Jang Wooyoung is now a stalker.

     And he’s really good at it.

     Except for that few stares down the corridor.

     Jieun was alone. Smile spreading on my face, I tapped her shoulder and watched with amusement as she spun around on the spot in shock.

     “Oh, it’s you, Jang Wooyoung.”

     “Call me oppa.”

     Jieun rolled her eyes. “No.”

     “Just call me oppa. Please?” There was an evil glint in my eyes. When Jieun shook her head for the second time that day, I attacked her sides.

     “No— Stop it! Fine I’ll call you oppa!” She screamed with laughter, slapping my hands away.

     “Wooyoung oppa.” Jieun called, smiling a little.

     “Ne Jieun dongsaeng, what shall we do today?”

     “Hmm… let’s find the value of x!”

     I smacked Jieun on the head. “Is math all you think about?”

     Jieun nodded innocently. “To you, what’s the value of x?” She asked again.

     “Doesn’t it depend on the question?”

     “No, as in yourself. Like the person you like.”

     “What’s yours then?”

     “Hmm,” Jieun pretended to think. “Taeyang!”

     I felt something off my chest when Jieun said her idol instead of Yoseob. Does that mean…

     “What’s yours, oppa?”

     “Secret.” I placed a finger on my lips.

     “Yeobooooooooooooo!”

     That familiar voice. Both Jieun and I turned around and we found Yoseob hyper-waving to us. Or rather, to Jieun.

     To make things worse, Jieun hyper-waved back.

     “I’ll see you later, oppa!”

     I felt a scowl rising on my face. They weren’t married yet, and now they’re calling each other yeobo?

     “If you knew my value of x was you, what would you do?” I muttered under my breath. She had just seen Yoseob and whatever we did seemed to disappear. All the things we talked about go to the sky, pretending like I don’t know, like I didn’t hear a thing, like I erased it…

 

[Jieun’s POV]

     “If you knew my value of x was you, what would you do?”

     Did… he just say that?

     I turned around to confirm, but Wooyoung had already walked away.

     Was it just my imagination?

 

[Yoseob’s POV]

     I can feel that she doesn’t like me the way I like her.

     The way he looks at her is the same as the way I look at her.

     The way she looks at him is the same as the way I look at her.

     I know she just likes me as a friend.

     But… if so, why did she accept?

     Why?

     Was I being used?

     I… don’t mind being used.

     Just… let me hold on for a few more days.

     Please?

 

[Jiyeon’s POV]

     “You’re so pretty!”

     The guy pouted. He was now sporting a wig and wearing a female high school uniform. He could totally pass off as a girl at first sight but if you looked carefully, you could still tell that he was a guy cross dressing.

     “I don’t know why I’m doing this,” The boy grumbled under his breath.

     “But you’re so pretty and cute. You should be doing this.”

     “I’m a guy.”

     “You should have been a girl.”

     The guy glared at me.

***

     “Jiyeon! Wow. Is that like a new girl or something? Pretty~” Jang Wooyoung suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

     The guy scowled.

     “Yeah, she’s like my new best friend.”

     “Jiyeon-ah! She’s prettier than you!”

     I scowled. A triumphant smile lit up the guy’s features.

     “Go and become a boy again! I’m the prettiest!” I pushed him away and watched as Wooyoung’s face fell.

     “He’s… a guy?” Wooyoung whispered in shock.

     “Yep.”

     “Omigosh…” Wooyoung’s face reddened, then he muttered something along the lines of ‘my value of x is the prettiest’.

     “Value of x? Have you been talking to Jieun or something? She’s like addicted to that right now.”

     Wooyoung just shrugged and walked away.

     Weird. Has he been talking to Jieun?

***

[Eunjung’s POV]

     He seems to be getting on really well without me. I felt a little disappointment. Did I expect him to like me?

     I did. I’ve always liked him. I’ve never asked him to like me back in return.

     I never wanted him to like me back.

     Going to America? I let a small smile creep onto my face.

     Well, wasn’t that a better story than telling him that my dad’s company broke down and now we’re bankrupt and I can’t continue attending this school anymore?

     I still need to keep that little bit of pride that I still have left.

     Right?

     Besides, he likes Jieun. Since when? Since the day that he knocked into her? Laughed at her?

     I never thought that he would like her.

     Never in my plans that there was this possibility that Jang Wooyoung might like Lee Jieun.

     He wouldn’t be happy with her.

     Not after what she had done to me.



 

A/N: This is gonna be dramatic :O I think. I'm like adding random details in everywhere. And to APinkSyndrome unnie, here's more Jiyeon parts! Heehee. 

Let's see who can guess who is Jiyeon's music partner? XD It's really easy. I want to see who guesses it first! XD

He's the bassist of a five-member Korean boyband ~ And this is how he looks when he's cross dressing as a female ~ No worries, he's straight O.O

Ahhh~ I think he's quite pretty! Heehee. Let's see who can guess it first :D

Comment and subscribe please >3< I love ya guys~

(p.s. Lemme clarify - the picture of Yoseob at the top is entirely random XD)