Revenge?

Love At Second Sight [ H I A T U S ]

 

 [Jieun’s POV]

     What’s… that newspaper article doing here? It’s from… so long ago. It was crumpled, meaning someone had crushed it…

     But who?

     Surely not Wooyoung?

     “Yah, what are you reading?”

     I quickly crushed the paper again and saw Wooyoung behind me, trying to read it. “Nothing,” I gave him a quick smile and stuffed the newspaper into my pocket. Wooyoung looked slightly disappointed but he started to walk beside me.

     “Hey… you aren’t hiding something from me, right?” He asked casually. The question was unexpected and I couldn’t lie to save my life… not until now.

     “N-no… why would I?” I looked away from him and pretended to laugh, but Wooyoung wasn’t exactly convinced.

     “If there’s anything wrong… you can tell me.” Wooyoung said softly.

     I kept quiet. But this is something that I can’t tell you.

***

     When I went back to class, I found a crisp white sheet of paper stuck to my table. Right in the middle of the paper, written neatly in black ink were words, with a date.

     Did you forget what you did?

     21st November 2004.

     Someone died on that day.

     Who…?

     It couldn’t be Wooyoung, right…?

     But other than Wooyoung, who could it be?

     Was it… his sister?

     But she’s in California…

     Unless it really was Wooyoung.

     Was it?

     “What’s wrong?” Jiyeon leant in and read the words on the paper.

***

     “It could be Wooyoung…” Jiyeon muttered. “Maybe he only got close to you to get revenge?”

     “He’s the only suspect…” I whispered hoarsely back to her.

     “Jieun,” Jiyeon said sternly. “You don’t like Wooyoung in that way right?”

     I looked down. “No, I don’t think so…”

     “Then this shouldn’t be affecting you at all.”

     “But… I feel really guilty.”

     “If Wooyoung hurts you in any way… I’ll go kill him, okay?”

     Jiyeon is an awesome friend, but sometimes I just can’t resist…

     “Then what’s with you and Jaejin huh?”

     Jiyeon almost fell off her seat. “W-what?”

 

[Wooyoung’s POV]

     Something’s wrong with Jieun.

     She didn’t know… but I saw the headlines of that newspaper clearly.

     What’s she doing with that article?

     And why does she still have it?

     Then suddenly, bits and pieces of memory came back to me. The girl who was involved in that accident… her name was Lee Jieun too.

     It couldn’t be her right?

     My Jieun couldn’t be that same girl who was involved in that accident, right?

 

[Krystal’s POV]

     Wooyoung oppa has this bad habit of saying out loud whatever he’s thinking without knowing. Really, he hasn’t changed much in that few years, as compared to me.

     “Kryyyyyyyystaaaaal~ Why are you stalking people again?”

     “I’m not stalking people, Luna.” I said irritably. “Leave me alone.”

     “Oh, I’m not leaving you alone,” Luna replied. “I’ve got news.”

     “I’m not interested.” Nowadays my temper was always at the edge and waiting for a moment to flare up… it was taking a lot of patience for me to keep calm with Luna.

     “Oh, you will be. Your sister’s in Korea.”

     I turned around and stared at Luna with a shocked expression. The whole world seemed to freeze over for a second. Jessica… in Korea?

     “See, you’re interested all right.”

     “What is she doing here? How did you know?”

     “Oh, I get my information from some people and they’re accurate. Anyway your sister just made a scene outside our school wanting to find you.”

     “What? What’s she doing here anyway…” I grumbled irritably. I wasn’t in a good mood to entertain a sister like mine.

     “To keep an eye on you, I think. Oh yeah, and try to keep your sister under control. She’s hitting on all the guys she can hit on.”

     Oh, great. Nightmare’s starting.

***

     “Aish, really, unnie!”

     “You sure you don’t want my number? Hey wait… I don’t have a number yet. I’ll give you my dongsaeng’s—?”

     “Unnie, stop it. It’s embarrassing.”

     “Oh look Krystal, that guy’s cute, do you know him?” Jessica pointed at some guy standing far away. I sighed and was going to tell her I didn’t when I found out who she was pointing to.

     Wooyoung.

     Jessica didn’t bother to wait for me and started walking in Wooyoung’s direction.

     “Hey~”

     Wooyoung looked momentarily stunned before he turned to Jessica.

     “Er… Do I know you?”

     Jessica looked a little stumped at the moment, opening but no sound came out of it.

     “Unnie. Let’s go.”

     But the Jessica Jung I knew didn’t want to give up so easily.

     “She’s your unnie?” Wooyoung said, a little confused as he pointed at Jessica. Before I could reply, Jessica butted in.

     “Oh no, we’re not exactly sisters you see, she got adopted when she was… what? Eight, I think, and then we moved to—”

     “UNNIE!” I screamed at her. What she did just now already took most of my patience away but I wasn’t going to stay calm and patient if she was giving what I had kept as a secret when I was here away. Much as I want Wooyoung to recognize me and know who I am…

     Now’s not the time.

 

[Wooyoung’s POV]

     When that crazy girl was talking about… Krystal, was it? She got adopted when she was… eight? And they moved to somewhere…

     Is it just a coincidence?

     But both Soojung and Krystal, they’re too alike. The way Krystal talks somehow resembles Soojung, both of them don’t have enough patience to save their lives. And now… I think… Krystal looks something like Soojung.

     I think one day I need to ask Krystal what is her Korean name.

 

[Jieun’s POV]

     “You know… did Wooyoung and you come out with anything for that music project yet?” Jiyeon asked.

     “Nope. What about you?”

     “Well… nothing much.” Jiyeon confessed. “Did you hear anything about Yoseob? He hasn’t been coming to school since I don’t know when.”

     I shook my head.

     “Nuna!”

     Both Jiyeon and I turned around.

     What’s he doing here?



 

A/N: Lol, yay for y chapter titles, hehe :D Lol so yay! And I realized number of subscribers isn't going up... ㅠㅠ Wae? ㅠㅠ It's becoming a little hard for me to update, I'm running out of ideas because I'm writing three fictions at once... This story is nearing the end... maybe 10 more chapters or more? *sniffsniff* I'm planning to do a sequel... there's going to be a poll at the end XD

I shall leave you to guess who's that guy in the end... *hinthint* He's cute and in a rookie group XD Oh yeah, and hint: He's younger than Jieun. Ain't that obvious. Kay, until the next update!

Comment and subscribe please ~ Saranghaeyooo~