Suspicions and something else...

Love At Second Sight [ H I A T U S ]

 

[Yoseob’s POV]

“Ah~ it’s good to be back in school!” I yawned, stretching my arms.

“You were the one that wanted to look after me in hospital…” Suzy muttered under her breath. “And you were thanking me for letting you miss school…”

“At least,” I smiled at her, “now your mom has a good impression of me, right?”

“What does that matter, anyway? You’re not my boyfriend or whatever…” Suzy sounded a little bitter at ‘boyfriend’, staring at the ground.

“Yah Suzy… Do you like me?” I asked, trying to keep it a casual remark. If she liked me, maybe then I can try to give up Jieun for good. Suzy’s head immediately snapped up at my question, and she turned red. Did she really like me? Me as in Yang Yoseob? Suzy muttered something inaudible and looked at the other direction, trying to avoid my gaze.

Why was she behaving like this?

[Suzy’s POV]

“So what if I like you, it’s not as though you like me back anyway…” I muttered. Yoseob gazed questioningly into my eyes and I immediately looked away. If only he had any idea how those eyes… the annoying smile of his… everything about him… made my heart race everytime I saw it…

“Erm, mianhae, I didn’t hear, could you repeat…?”

Never in my life would I say that to him again.

“Why? Why do you want to know?” I attacked him back. Yoseob’s mouth opened as though he wanted to say something, then he abruptly shut it again and took a deep breath.

“Because,” another smile, but this time it was softer, warmer… “I like you.”

[Jieun’s POV]

Another note, by the same anonymous person. Could it really be Wooyoung?

But his handwriting wasn’t like that either… the handwriting on the post-its taped securely on my table obviously belonged to a girl. I mean, no guy ever writes so neat… and so feminine, right?

Minwoo does, a small voice poked my thoughts. Minwoo? Impossible. I never did anything bad to him, so he has no motive for doing this to me either… Jiyeon has similar handwriting but she doesn’t write like this… And she wouldn’t do this to me. Chanshik, another voice poked my thoughts. I shook my head angrily at myself. Why was I suspecting them? They were my closest friends.

“Jieun-yah…” Wooyoung stood outside the door, a lunchbox in his hands. “Aren’t you going to eat?”

“No, I’m too tired,” I muttered back at him, angrily sitting back down on my seat but immediately jumping back up again. “What the…”

Thumbtacks and nails, all sharp point facing upwards, were scattered all around the seat of my chair. The words on the note swam back into my mind. Be careful… I’m coming… Why hadn’t I seen those when I came into class? Much worse, if someone else didn’t see and sat on my seat?

Wooyoung immediately walked over, looking worried but when he saw the thumbtacks and nails, his face turned oddly blank.

“Kwaenchana, Jieun?” The blank expression was gone and concern was shown clearly in his face. Tears sprung into my eyes. I had no idea who would do this to me, and the only suspect was the person that was nicest to me.

Wooyoung spotted the tears in my eyes and held my shoulders. “Jieun, what these people are doing to you is entirely stupid. There’s no need to waste tears over this. They want to see you upset, why let them achieve their goal?” For the very first time I heard anger in his voice and I was frightened. “Look at me, Jieun. Look into my eyes.”

I slowly tilted my head up, and teary eyes met angry ones, which softened immediately. “Jieun,” Wooyoung said, “it makes me really upset when I see you cry. So please, don’t break my heart…”

I nodded slowly, then Wooyoung slowly pulled me closer to him. Then he leant in and kissed me.

[Jiyeon’s POV]

“Where are we going, Minwoo?” I asked, running out of breath while being pulled around by him. The kid didn’t respond, but was leading me back to my own classroom. When we were almost reaching, finally did Minwoo stop and answer my questions.

“I found him, Jiyeon-noona,” Minwoo said, his eyes twinkling. “I found Chanshik hyung… Did you know, he…”

Words seemed to die before they reached Minwoo’s mouth as he looked into the classroom. There, clearly seen…

Jieun and Wooyoung were kissing.

Shock and disappointment filled Minwoo and it was so intense that I felt it. And when Minwoo was nervous, he would sweat a lot. Which is what was happening right now.

“Noona… tell me that’s not Jieun-noona… Jebal…” He whispered in horror as he slowly backed away. I thought Jieun said she didn’t like Wooyoung? I thought she said she felt guilty towards what she done to Wooyoung, that’s why she did whatever he wanted… But this crossed the line. Didn’t she know that Minwoo liked her since young? If she didn’t… then she was really as dumb as everyone thought.

“Minwoo!” I shouted, running after him. “Minwoo, please, there must be a reason…”

He slowly stopped running and turned around to face me awkwardly, tears streaming down his face. His cold eyes fixed a glare at me.

“Reasons? What reasons? All along I’ve been nice to Jieun, and even when I confessed she just took it as a joke. Joke?” Minwoo laughed madly. “Did she know how much effort I put into making that card for her? Did she know how much I suffered after she rejected, saying that I was confusing love with like. But I’ve always loved her, Jiyeon, even you know that. I never gave up on her completely when I came here, I thought I had a chance, you said she didn’t like that Wooyoung… But this…” Minwoo smiled a cold smile despite his tears.

“It’s not your fault, Jiyeon. But you know something? What Jieun did to me was like what you did to Chanshik hyung, but perhaps even worse…” Minwoo smiled again, the right side of his face twitching dangerously. “You know what? I’m sick of all these. Please, leave me alone.” He turned away from me and started walking down the stairs, leaving me alone in the corridor. I’d remembered the card he was talking about. When we were cleaning up Jieun’s room, she said it was of no importance and threw it away… She even changed her phone number for no reason and told me not to tell anyone her new phone number… I remembered when Minwoo called me, trying to get her number but Jieun had snatched the phone over and cut the line on him… But… Chanshik…

[Jieun’s POV]

“Minwoo!”

That was Jiyeon. I quickly broke away from Wooyoung, who looked shocked, looked towards the source of that shout and saw Jiyeon running. Immediately I chased after her, calling her name, but she didn’t hear. When I finally caught up with her… I heard Minwoo shouting at her.

“… I’m sick of all these. Please, leave me alone.” He turned and left Jiyeon standing in the corridor alone, looking shocked.

“Jiyeon-yah…” I started walking towards her.

“He saw everything.” The icyness in her voice temporarily froze me. “We saw everything.”

I couldn’t reply her, nor look at her cold eyes, the ones I had seen on Minwoo as I was chasing them. Jiyeon then took the chance to speak.

“Why? Why did you do that? You said you didn’t like him… And how could you do that to him? You know what you’d done to his life.”

“Jiyeon-yah…” my voice trembled. Jiyeon looked at me expectedly, waiting for an answer.

“I think I’m falling for Wooyoung…”



 

A/N: Yay I'm baaaaack ! Did anyone miss me? -slaps myself- Of course no one does, lolol. Who misses me anyway T^T

Before I talk, I need to know your opinion :

OOOOOOOOOH , MILKYCOUPLE KISS ♥

I admit , I am bad with kiss scenes so anyway ... o.o

Hmm, now Jieun's falling for Wooyoung already... What will happen next?

That's for you guys to imagine until I start typing the next update (which I am so lazy to do so.)

Anyways, thanks for all the comments and the new and old subbers ♥ Saranghaeyo! -hugs every single one of you until everyone's dead-

Comment and subscribe <3