Do you like her?

Love At Second Sight [ H I A T U S ]

 

[Wooyoung’s POV]

     The teacher sighed.

     “Jieun-ssi? Would you mind stepping out of this class to whatever emergency Jang Wooyoung-ssi here has for you?”

     I was expecting anyone else to stand up but… she stood up.

     The girl that I’d toyed with stood up and gave me an unreadable expression as she slowly walked out of her seat, all eyes following her.

     “Yes?” Jieun said, a little stiff. I looked down at her and realized that she had been taking little glances at me. Her face reddened and she started using her hands to fan herself, all the while breathing in and out.

     “Get your stuff,” I leant on the doorframe.

     “Waeyo?” Jieun’s eyes narrowed… cutely. I inwardly hit myself. Cute girls were not my type! I prefer those hot, y girls…

     “It’s an emergency,” My lips curled into a smile without my permission. Almost as quickly as I realized I was smiling I wiped the smile off. A faint hint of a smile also appeared on Jieun’s face but we were most likely thinking about the same thing and it disappeared as fast as it appeared.

     “Is it allowed?” Jieun asked softly, her round eyes widening. Her glasses were sitting snugly on her nose, until I realized that it was those ‘empty glasses’, those huge nerd glasses without lens inside. They look cute — maybe I should go and get one sometime.

     “Just tell her you have some family emergency thing. They don’t care,”

 

[Jieun’s POV]

     “Just tell her you have some family emergency thing. They don’t care,” A smile played on Jang Wooyoung’s lips but as sudden as it appeared it disappeared again. I was starting to wonder whether he had muscle cramps when he suddenly gave me a hard shove towards the class. As clumsy as I was I lost my balance and the first person to help me up was Yoseob amidst all of the laughter.

     “Are you okay?”

     “Erm… there’s a family emergency at home and I need to go home now,” I stammered.

     Both Yoseob and the teacher stared at me suspiciously.

     “So… can I go home now?” I gave the teacher one of my puppy eyes which Jiyeon said it was cute but annoying.

     I think Jiyeon really meant what she said.

     Within five minutes I was out of the class, walking the streets aimlessly with Jang Wooyoung.

     “So… have you decided on what we’re going to do for that music project?” Wooyoung asked casually.

     “What?”

     “Like… what are we going to do? Can you sing?”

     “I’ve never tried…”

     Jang Wooyoung suddenly stopped walking, causing me to walk into him.

     “If you don’t sing, what do you do?” He asked suspiciously.

     “I write and compose songs—”

     “Well, that’s settled then! You write and compose a song and I’ll just sing it.”

     “What?!”

     “I mean, that’s easy right? Just writing and compose a random song, I don’t really give a —”

     This time I stood in front of Wooyoung and stopped walking abruptly.

     “Writing and composing songs are not as easy as you think.”

     This time, Wooyoung opened his mouth as though wanting to say something but then closed it abruptly.

     “You need to have the right mood and emotions to be able to write and compose a song,” I said sharply. “You don’t randomly write and compose a song.”

     “But—” He was cut off by his own phone ringing. We both stopped walking when he picked up the phone.

     “Eunjung?”

     A few minutes later I was left alone wandering on the streets. He just told me that we would meet at the music room tomorrow at five. And then he abandoned me here.

     Why is the sky so much more blue?

 

[Eunjung’s POV]

     I smiled sadly as I followed Wooyoung running up the stairs.

     “What did you mean by that?” Wooyoung hollered, covering half the distance between us in a few steps.

     “You were out with Lee Jieun right?”

     “Stop changing the topic! What did you mean by—”

     “Since when did you like cute and innocent girls?” I cut him short. Wooyoung fell silent.

     “I… I don’t l-like her…” He stammered after awhile.

     “You can’t lie to me Jang Wooyoung, I know you too well.”

     “Eunjung… don’t leave…” Wooyoung pleaded. His eyes suddenly filled with tears.

     “Jang Wooyoung doesn’t cry.” I looked away.

     “I’m going to America. I’ve been offered this chance, why shouldn’t I take it? I’ll be gone for two years.” I sighed.

     “Anyway, you’ve found someone else already,” I said quietly.

     “I haven’t found anyone!”

     “You have.”

     “Who?”

     “Lee Jieun.”

     “I…”

     “You like her. Stop denying it.”

     Wooyoung never replied after that.

 

***

 [Jieun’s POV]

     I felt the cold doorknob, and taking a deep breath, I twisted it and pushed the door open.

     Why am I so nervous?

     Jang Wooyoung was sitting in the middle of the room, taking selcas. Today he had on the huge nerd glasses without lens inside that I usually wear. Oddly enough, it looked nice on him. Feeling a little uncomfortable, I pushed my glasses up.

     “Hey,” he called. “Take one with me.”

     “No.”

     “Take one with me!”

     “No.”

     “Okay fine, I’ll take you by yourself.” Wooyoung suddenly aimed his phone at me.

     “No!”

     Jang Wooyoung shot me a look saying ‘so do you want to take one with me?’

     “Fine I’ll take one with you.”

     From one became two, from two became four. In the end we spent most of our time taking funny selcas, making funny faces as we took picture after picture. It was only when someone messaged me until we found out that it was quite late and we didn’t do anything productive. Unless you counted taking selcas as productive.

     Looking at the message, it was Yoseob. He wanted to meet me outside our classroom and he said it was urgent.

     As I stepped out of the room, I wondered,

     Why is the breeze so perfect today?



 

A/N: Sorry for not updating for a day! Stupid writer's block... you can see the results from the writer's block, the above is all rubbish and stuff like that... Sorry *puppy eyes* Forgive me? So... how was it? ^^ 

And sorry once again for the crappy chapter titles. I know, I know, I just can't think. I'll try to update soon, arasseo? :D (it doesn't help that my mum's always screaming at me to 'get off the computer'...)

And I just wanted to know, do you guys want to know Yoseob's story too? Heehee~ 

Gomawo to all the subscribers and commenters <3 I tried my best to reply to every single one of you and if I didn't , forgive me ㅠ^ㅠ

Hmm, so what urgent news does Yoseob have for Jieun? ^^