Heartskipper 8

Heartskipper

Chapter 8

"I have shown you how it's done. It's your turn now.”

Taeyeon was caught aback by the sudden swap in position. Her body was pressing against her girlfriend’s and she could feel her pounding heart beating against Tiffany’s chest. She tried to shift her weight off Tiffany by propping herself up with her elbow.

Tiffany’s soft and even on her back was not helping Taeyeon to think rationally. Taeyeon contemplated rolling off but there was an unknown force keeping her right on top of her girlfriend who looked even more attractive lying on the bed with messy hair.  

“Relax…and let yourself go.” She whispered against Taeyeon’s ear, voice deliberately husky and low. She ended off with a slow to the reddened ear. Taeyeon shivered involuntarily.

Her fingers fumbled with Tiffany's blouse collar, as she clumsily dipped downward to make contact with her lips. Her lips crashed head on to Tiffany’s, eliciting a muffled groan from the girl. She squeaked apologetically. She was secretly glad that she had some multitasking abilities.

At this point, Taeyeon was not quite sure what she was doing anymore. With shaky hands, she slipped her hands under her girlfriend's blouse to feel the soft skin that she has been yearning to touch. She rest her palms on Tiffany's bare hips, thumbing circles onto the smooth skin, feeling the curve of her hips. Those glorious hips. Her first thoughts was to slip her hands further into Tiffany's body, to feel the heated soft skin against her cold and sweaty fingers.

Well, that was what Taeyeon was about to do when the door swung open without warning, startling the pair.

"WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING?" Sunny exclaimed as she stood at the foot of the door.

Taeyeon withdrew her hands and rolled off her girlfriend almost immediately, face redder than ever before.

Sunny saw the half ed pajamas top and closed her eyes by reflex. "T-Taeng...can you button up your...your top?" The usually eloquent girl found herself at a loss for words, flustered and shocked by what she had seen.

Taeyeon hurried to button her top, simultaneously wishing that the ground would open up and swallow her whole so that she would not have to face this awkward situation.

"Haven't you got any manners, barging in without ringing the bell?" Tiffany got up from the bed, obviously irritated at the intruder.

"Haven't you got any manners? This is my room just in case you haven't realized by now."

"Well, you told me to check on my girlfriend and it's her room as well. So why can't I be here?"

Taeyeon watched the two of her closest friend locked in an intense stare down. And as for her, she was still trying to calm her racing heart down. She was slightly annoyed at the sudden intrusion but it was Sunny so she could not get angry at her best friend.

"Not when you're doing inappropriate things in my room!"

“Stop being such a grandma!”

Taeyeon knew she had to intervene before things got out of hand. She raised her hand slightly, and said timidly. "A-ah guys..."

"You keep quiet!" Both girls hissed in unison.

She swallowed her saliva and distracted herself by pretending to pay attention to all of her soft toys perched on the ledge of the window.

"Taeyeon, you go out first. I have something to say to our friend here."

Taeyeon was not sure if she supposed to open to acknowledge her best friend's instructions. She eyed the other two girls carefully.

"Yeah Taeyeon you go out first."

The tiny figure nodded, quietly got off the bed and walked towards the door before realizing a problem. One that has happened some time before.

She cleared awkwardly. "Ah, can I at least grab my hoodie? I'm still in my pajamas."

The two watched the girl float out of the room and carefully closed the door behind her.

==

"What the hell were you doing with Taeyeon?" Sunny hissed.

"Doing what a normal couple would do."

"You're really shameless."

"Stop acting like a grandmother."

"Want to make a guess who I met while I was out today?"

"Who?"

"Choi Sooyoung"

Tiffany swallowed nervously. The mention of that girl’s name sent shivers down her spine to say the least, especially when it came from Sunny. She willed herself to stay calm.

“S-so?”

“You don’t know her?” Sunny eyes the girl suspiciously.

Quite frankly, she was just trying her luck but it really seemed like there was something strange going on. She had met Sooyoung while shopping with Taeyeon’s mom this afternoon. Sooyoung recognized Sunny since they all went to the same high school together. Even though she did not know Sooyoung personally, she had seen her hanging out with Tiffany on several occasions during high school.

“The name doesn’t really ring a bell to tell you the truth. And I don’t like the way you are questioning me.”

Sunny raised her eyebrows in response to the blatant lie. Sooyoung had casually mentioned hanging out with Tiffany just a couple of days ago. She could sense that something was up the second Tiffany stuttered. This girl almost never stutter.

“Taeyeon is someone that I really care a lot about and I would really hope that you don’t end up hurting her.” She paused for effect, “Because if that happens, I would never let you off lightly.”

“Like I have said before, Taeyeon is not your baby and you’re not her babysitter. Part of the problem with her is that you boss her around too much.”

“Do you even know what you are talking here?”

==

On the other side of the door, Taeyeon had her ears pressed onto the surface. She knew she should not be doing this but her curiosity had gotten the better of her. So here she was, pressing her right ear against the wooden surface, trying to listen in to the conversation.

The voices were muffled, even Tiffany’s. Tiffany is always so loud whenever we are talking but now, she is like all whispering and hush hush when talking to Soonkyu. I wonder if they are talking bad about me. Damn, how I wish I have a pair of Extendable Ears with me. She heard certain key words like “Taeyeon”, “don’t like” and “hell”. She frowned at the words that she heard.

Taeyeon was about to press her ear harder onto the wooden surface when the door swung open, startling her for the umpteenth time today.

“God, Taeyeon what are you doing here?” Tiffany managed to get a hold of the girl, preventing her from falling.

Taeyeon quickly recovered from the close shave. “A-ah…I was just trying to take a look at the door. The hinges look like they are in need of some oiling.” She silently praised herself for her quick wits.

“Yeah right, Taeyeon. Since when are you an expert in door hinges? You weren’t even facing the hinges when the door opened.” Tiffany faked a loud sigh and patted her head. “Darling you might want to try harder next time.”

Taeyeon coughed and cleared in embarrassment. Tiffany always, she always sees through her.

“I will see you soon then.” Tiffany leaned closer and whispered, “By the way I hope you had fun today, too bad Sunny came back early. Maybe we can continue where we stopped another day.” She winked that flirty wink and strutted away, leaving Taeyeon wondering why hadn’t her heart stopped.