Bonus Chapter

Heartskipper

a/n: Just to refresh your memory just in case you forgot~ There was a one year timeskip in Chapter 15. Bonus chapter, as promised^^

Bonus Chapter

Taeyeon was jolted awake by her ringing phone on the nightstand. She groaned and stretched lazily before rolling towards the nightstand to grab her phone.

She pressed the answer button without even opening her eyes.

“Morning baby” On the other side of the world, Tiffany frowned a little when her warm words were greeted by light snores on the other end of the line.

“Baby?”

From her half-awake (or half asleep, depending on how optimistic you are) state, Taeyeon vaguely recognized the caller’s voice. She tried to register the voice with the still-loading database of her brain.

“Baby?” The mysterious caller tried again, this time a little louder than before.

Taeyeon, after rubbing her eyes, eventually concluded that the owner of the voice could only be one person.

“Fany…” She uttered the name between half yawns and half groans.

“Took you long enough for your big brain to start working. It is nearly 10am.”

Taeyeon stretched lazily, letting out an adorable groan. “I am tired.”

“Turn on the video. I want to see your ugly morning face.”

She smiled a little as she clicked on the video feature. Her heart and head instantly felt a million times lighter the moment she saw the megawatt eyesmile on her phone. How she wished the girl was right beside her now.

“You are wearing the pyjamas I bought!” Tiffany broke into a satisfied smile when she saw her girlfriend clad in the pyjamas that she bought before Taeyeon flew off.

“I only wear the pyjamas that you buy for me.”

“That’s my baby.” Tiffany brought the phone screen closer. “Your eyebags are terrible. What time did you sleep last night?”

The other girl could only let out a weary sigh. “About 3? Had a paper to rush.”

Tiffany frowned. “That’s not healthy”

“I didn’t have a choice. Prof was rushing us.”

“I don’t like this.”

“I love you.” Taeyeon grinned as she smacked her lips against her phone screen, pretending to kiss her girlfriend.

“Gross” Tiffany bit on her smile, more than happy to have some private time with her very busy girlfriend.

The truth was that, she had missed Taeyeon badly ever since she left for further studies half a year ago. Taeyeon came back for a week during Christmas but it was not enough. She ended up having to spend time attending her family gatherings and barely even spent a day with Tiffany.

They could chat through Skype or messaging applications but it was still not the physical contact that Tiffany craved for. Taeyeon had, on many occasions, offered to pay for Tiffany’s air tickets to fly over. But Tiffany did not want to depend on her girlfriend or use her money. This was especially after she found out that Taeyeon was from a wealthy family.

Thus, she took on part time jobs to save up for her trip to USA. She wanted to give Taeyeon a birthday surprise. And today was the day that she was flying off.

“Fany?”

“Sorry, I got distracted for a second.”

“Do you remember what day is it tomorrow?”

Tiffany had to smile on the other end of the line. She replied curtly, “Saturday.” And almost burst out in laughter when she heard muffed groans followed by slapping of forehead.

“Fany…I wrote it clearly on your planner, even circled it.”

“I lost my planner.”

“It is embarrassing to have to remind you about my birthday.” She mumbled and sulked, obviously not happy at the fact that Tiffany forgot her birthday.

“And you think circling and highlighting it on my planner isn’t? Oh baby, don’t even get me started on all the ugly glitter stickers that you’ve pasted all over that page.”

Taeyeon giggled. “I just thought they looked cute on your planner.”

“Sure if you say so. Speaking of cute, I’m not sure if you’re cute anymore.”

“Why?”

“You should know why. Ever since your stupid project started you barely have time for me.”

“Ah...” Taeyeon was more or less awake now. She put on her glasses so that she could see her girlfriend better. “Last week was really hectic. But I would be free starting today.”

“I don’t care, baby. I am a busy girl. I have my own life. I don’t just sit at home every day and wait for you to skype me.”

Taeyeon laughed nervously. “Come on, I am sorry.”

“Haven’t you heard that song? It’s too late to apologize.” Tiffany glanced at the clock. “Alright, I have to go now. I have an appointment.”

Taeyeon sat up almost immediately. “Where are you going?”

“None of your business really.”

“With who? Male or female?”

“Again Taetae, it’s none of your business.”

She was just about to follow up with another question when the connection cut off abruptly, leaving the poor girl sulking, cursing and swearing at her phone screen 6000 over miles away. “It is my birthday tomorrow and my girl doesn’t even want to talk to me for more than five minutes.”

==

Tiffany collected her obnoxiously pink suitcase from the belt and double checked the address of her girlfriend’s accommodation. Her entire body was aching from the long flight as she hailed a cab. The thought of surprising Taeyeon and celebrating her birthday together kept Tiffany’s spirits up throughout the long flight.

She had lived in California during the formative years of her life and thus, finding her way around the States wasn’t that difficult. Holding onto a bunch of baby’s breath (Taeyeon’s favourite flowers) with her huge suitcase beside her, she pressed the doorbell. It was a Saturday morning and Tiffany knew her girlfriend would surely be at home, clad in her pyjamas playing video games.

She frowned a little when the doorbell went unanswered. She knocked on the door, thinking that the doorbell might be faulty. The second her knuckles landed on the wooden door, the door opened, with a tiny figure ranting away while opening the door.

“I am coming. Geez, postman these days can’t even wait for a second. I was THIS close to breaking my high score—“ The words that poured out of Taeyeon stopped the second she saw the girl standing right infront of her. She was reduced to a statue, with opened loosely and her eyes blinking non-stop.

Just looking at the baby faced girl made Tiffany’s heart a million times lighter. It was insane how adorable the shocked Taeyeon was at that moment.

“Baby?”

No response.

“Baby?” Tiffany waved a hand infront of the girl.

Still no response from Taeyeon the statue.

“Earth to TaeTae?”

“Affirmative.” Taeyeon was jolt back to reality.

“Oh come on, baby. I am real, aren’t you going to give me a hug—“ Taeyeon pounced forward, locking Tiffany tightly in a bear hug.

“Stop lying to me. You aren't real right?” She sniffed Tiffany’s neck.

“Stop being weird.”

“Are you okay? Why are you here? Why didn’t you tell me you were flying over? I could have picked you up at the airport! Also, why are you here?”

“Happy birthday baby.” She gave the bouquet of baby breaths that she bought from the florist two streets down the apartment to Taeyeon.

“Ah I missed you so much. So so so much.” She wrapped the girl into another tight hug, still not convinced that Tiffany had flew all the way from Seoul to spend her birthday together.

“Calm down. Aren’t you going to invite me into the apartment? It’s cold outside.”

“Ah” Taeyeon hit her forehead. “Come on in.”

“Still as messy as ever. Looks like we would have to do some cleaning up later. Why are you still in your pyjamas?” Tiffany commented as she scanned the apartment with a disapproving look.

“I am waiting for you to take them off.” Taeyeon whispered in her flirtiest voice possible.

“Save it baby. You didn’t even know I was coming.” The other girl simply brushed her off without a second look, proceeding to lug her suitcase into Taeyeon’s room.

“Well I was just trying.” Taeyeon plopped herself onto the bed, watching her girlfriend go about her room unpacking her luggage. “Can’t you just unpack tomorrow or something? It’s my birthday today!”

“And so? I gave you flowers didn’t I?”

“Oh Fany, you know what I am talking about. It has been months! I have been going through a drought!”

“Not now Taetae. I have been stuck in a 15 hour flight. I stink.”

“I don’t mind.”

“I mind. I am tired and jetlagged.”

"Then come on and lie on the bed. I'll do all the work today."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Okay good. Taetae be a sweetheart and help me put my dresses in the closet and underwear in the drawer. Also, help me arrange my makeup on the dresser."

"Fany...you know I don't mean that right?"

"Really? I don't know...." With that, Tiffany slowly inched towards the bed where the clueless Taeyeon was currently lying on flat on her back. With a thoughtful smirk.

Slowly and surely, she approached her unsuspecting girlfriend who currently lazing with an arm over her eyes.

She straddled the girl, and silenced the almost screaming girl with a kiss. Taeyeon was, obviously, caught offguard by the sudden escalation of events. She tensed up when she felt a weight on her waist and then relaxed when she realised it was Tiffany.

The kiss started out soft and then became fiery when Taeyeon reciprocated, adding teeth and tongues into the equation.

"I'll do all the work today, birthday girl." Tiffany whispered huskily into the girl's rapidly reddening ear.

Taeyeon tried to open and found herself unable to articulate.

With nimble fingers, Tiffany quickly ed Taeyeon's pyjamas top. She wanted to rip the entire garment off her girlfriend's alluring body but decided that ripping Taeyeon's favourite pyjamas on her birthday would only result in unnecessary sulkings later.

"You're so beautiful you don't even know." Tiffany kissed her way down, from Taeyeon's well defined jawline all the way to her waistband.

She pulled the loose pyjamas pants down and placed a palm over Taeyeon's warm spot, "I barely did anything and you're already so wet..."

Taeyeon felt her body burn with every kiss and touch from Tiffany. She moaned, screamed, yelled as she allowed Tiffany to pleasure her with her sinful tongue and dexterous fingers.

==

“Stay here forever.” She kissed Tiffany’s bare shoulders and pulled her closer and tighter. They have just came down from their high and were now lazing on the bed, enjoying the physical contact that they have yearned for.

“I wish I could.”

“You can if you want to. I’ll give you kisses and food and we can have every day of the week.”

“You wish.” Tiffany pinched the side of her girlfriend’s stomach at the indecent comment.

“I am serious.”

“I am serious too. I still have one more year to graduation and you still have plenty more years of studying because of your big brain.”

“Nah. I am not planning to study anymore after I have completed my Masters.”

“Why? You should continue to study if you are capable. Not everyone have the opportunity or the capability to.”

“I have bigger plans.” Taeyeon smiled dreamily while Tiffany’s smooth .

“Which is..?”

“To marry you.”

Her words elicited the loudest yell from Tiffany of the night, causing Taeyeon to flinch and readied herself for a slap.

“Yah. Kim Taeyeon. Who said I am going to marry you? No, no, no. There is no way you would come up with this by yourself. Tell me, which American classmate of yours taught you to say such stuff?” Tiffany’s face was all red and Taeyeon knew it was not out of anger, but because she was blushing. Hard.

It was only after three agonising hours (where Taeyeon had to beg, aegyo-ed, pester) before Tiffany finally acknowledged her existence in the house.

“Come on Fany.”

“Don’t you dare say such things again.”

“I wouldn’t. I promise.” Taeyeon held her right hand up in a mock salute. “But I am not kidding though.”

“Don’t start again! Unless you want to sleep on the couch tonight.”

“Fany…”

To be honest, Taeyeon would be lying to herself if she said she wasn’t disappointed at Tiffany’s reaction to her plans. Being someone who thought deep and far into the future, she had started making plans for the future and in every single one of them, they had Tiffany inside as her priority.

"Alright, alright. What do you want to eat?" Taeyeon suppressed those negative thoughts and tried to focus on Tiffany. After all, Tiffany would only be staying for a week before she has to return to Seoul.

"Anything." Tiffany mindlessly fiddled with Taeyeon's hoodie as she leaned on her chest, savouring the warmth and comfort that only Taeyeon can provide for her.

She sighed. "Hey. I'm sorry alright? I shouldn't have said those unrealistic things to you earlier. Forget about it? Please? I still want to enjoy our week together."

Tiffany stopped fiddling with the drawstrings of her girlfriend's hoodie and sat up. "N-no I don't mean it like that..."

"Yeah? You alright?"

She shook her head. "Never mind. Let's order pizza. I wanna cuddle and watch movies with you tonight."

Taeyeon sensed something different with her girlfriend but decided to give her some space and not probe her any further. She reached out for Tiffany's hand and pulled her into another hug while her other hand grabbed the phone off the coffee table to order the pizzas.

"Your English is cute by the way." Tiffany commented once Taeyeon put down the phone.

"Stop teasing me."

"I'm not. I think it is cute and you have gotten much better at it ever since you moved here. You're cute by the way."

"Biased." Taeyeon smiled, letting her finger tips brush Tiffany's smooth cheek lightly and slowly.

==

The balcony was quiet and breezy while the couple sat on a swing at the balcony, enjoying a quiet night with pizza and soothing music in the background.

"Good?"

"Hm" Tiffany was busy munching on the freshly baked pizza that had just arrived moments ago.

Taeyeon grinned, opening when Tiffany offered her a bite. "I'm glad you like it. It's the best around here. I literally lived on this for weeks."

"So unhealthy. At least take some time to cook for yourself."

"I want you to cook for me."

"Sure? Didn't you said my Mickey Mouse omelette was scary?"

"I-i was just kidding! I ate it all, didn't I?"

"True. You're forgiven. Let's go get some groceries tomorrow morning."

"But I want you to cook for me every day."

Tiffany went silent immediately.

"Hey, wanna tell me what's wrong?" Taeyeon said gently. "Didn't we promise to be honest to each other? I thought you knew I was serious about you. About us."

"I know! B-but..."

"But…?"

She exhaled, letting out a heavy sigh. "I'm worried about the future. I'm not like you, Taeyeon. I'm just a regular university graduate. Remember the first time we met and I told you I was aimless? I wasn't kidding about it. I still don’t know what I want to do after graduation. What sort of jobs am I going to get? Would I even be able to find a job in this economy? How can I even think of things like marriage?"

And that's when Taeyeon understood Tiffany's insecurities. Unlike Taeyeon whom had meticulous plans, Tiffany was different. She went with the flow. Graduation was a scary prospect. The future was uncertain to say the least. She could only press an apologetic kiss on Tiffany's forehead. "I see it now Fany. Let's take it slowly one step at a time. We'll figure it out together? Don't worry, I will feed you even if you're jobless and aimless."

This seemingly sweet promise only earned Taeyeon a jab on her tummy.

"I'm not gonna be one of those girlfriend who live off their richer partner."

"Alright. Alright I get it. I really do. I love you."

"How is that even relevant to our conversation?"

"I don't care. I just want to tell you I love you."

"Then I love you too."

Taeyeon grinned when she felt Tiffany’s arms tightening around her waist. It was the best feeling in the world, having Tiffany right next to her and holding her. Taeyeon was never really a clingy person but with Tiffany, things got a little different.

She felt a shiver from Tiffany as a gust of wind blew and messed her fringe up.  "You're cold?"

"Just a little chilly. But I'm fine when I'm hugging you."

Upon hearing that Taeyeon pushed Tiffany away, eliciting a frown and protests from the latter. She pulled off her grey hoodie and put it over Tiffany.

"You know we can just grab a blanket from the house?"

"But it is more romantic if I took my hoodie off for you to wear."

"You dork. What are you like this."

Tiffany pretended to be all angry but deep down inside she was feeling all warm and fuzzy from Taeyeon's attentive and sweet gesture.

"Besides, my hoodie’s more comfortable than anything else in the world."

"Your hoodies are ugly."

"But you bought this mickey hoodie for me when you went to Disneyland last year!"

"Meh. It was a terrible mistake. I shouldn't be encouraging you to wear them. You need to stop wearing hoodies and jeans all the time, baby. Like I have said you are cute, but baby, your fashion sense is that of a high schooler. "

"They are warm and comfortable especially when we are cuddling. I like them." Taeyeon argued.

"Meh."

"What's a meh?"

"Meh is shut up and kiss me."

"Affirmative."

Taeyeon leaned in, hot breath hitting Tiffany's neck. She smiled when she felt Tiffany shiver under her touch. Everything just felt so natural after nearly one and a half years of dating. She knew where to kiss, how to hold Tiffany and how to pleasure her in the best possible way.

"Another round?"

"No baby, I'm really tired. Jet lagged."

"Cmon"

"If I knew you were such an insatiable little beast, I would have never dated you."

"Too late."

"I clearly remember the first time we did it and somebody was so clueless and shy that she couldn't even pull my dress zipper down properly."

Taeyeon groaned before lifting her head from Tiffany's neck. "Must you keep reminding me of that?"

"Yes. You spoiled that dress. You broke the zipper. It was my favourite one."

"Urgh. You totally ruined the mood." Taeyeon got off her girlfriend and folded her arms like a sulky kid. "I am much better at it now." She muttered.

"Come on baby. You're so petty." Tiffany tried to pull her girlfriend into a hug. In typical Taeyeon fashion, she didn't reciprocate but she didn't resist the hug either. She even allowed Tiffany to pinch her puffy cheek. 'You're cute even when you're angry."

"Give me a kiss."

Tiffany smiled and deliberately chose to kiss Taeyeon's nose. "You ask for it, you get it."

"It is not fair. You're always teasing me." Taeyeon let out what may be the most adorable pout in the world.

"Live with it."

It was a long, comfortable silence while the couple simply sat by on the wooden swing, sharing a quiet moment with each other.

"Sleepy?" Taeyeon could sense that her girlfriend was getting drowsy from the occasional yawns and the loosening of her arms around Taeyeon's waist.

"Hm."

"Want to move to the room?" Taeyeon hopped off the swing. "I would have carried you to the room in an alternate reality where I am stronger and you are lighter. But I am not and you aren't."

"Yah. Stop making fun of my weight."

"I'm just saying I am not strong enough."

"True. You're just like a piece of paper."

Taeyeon narrowed her eyes. "Paper?"

"Fragile and pale like a paper---WOAH. Kim Taeyeon. What are you doing? Let me down!" Tiffany screamed when she felt she was being lifted up by Taeyeon.

“I am trying to prove that I am not a piece of paper.” The tiny figure mumbled between breaths.

“Let me down before you hurt yourself.”

Taeyeon forcibly carried her girlfriend into the house, inwardly cursing at the distance between the balcony and her room.

But of course, we all know that Taeyeon would never have made it to her bed safely.

Eventually, Taeyeon settled on dropping Tiffany on the couch, making the latter burst out in laughter.

“Oh my God baby, why are you like this?”

Taeyeon, with her red cheeks, was still trying to catch her breath from the intensive “workout” that she had just seconds ago.

“Forget it Fany.” The poor girl could only huff and puff up her cheeks and fold her arms.

Tiffany laughed until she felt tears at the corner of her eyes.

“Come on baby. It’s my fault. I am too heavy.”

“...” The embarrassed Taeyeon would only sit at the edge of the couch.

“Baby” Tiffany proceed to pull the quiet girl into her embrace and rewarded her girlfriend with a peck on her soft lips. “Thanks for trying anyway.”

“It's embarrassing. You are not even that heavy.”

“More embarrassing than our first time where you broke my zipper?”

Taeyeon had to groan. Seems like Tiffany would never stop teasing her for as long as they loved each other.