Heartskipper 10

Heartskipper

Chapter 10

Tiffany thinks of Taeyeon as bright lights in a dark tunnel. Cute toothy grin, bright round eyes, with a personality that is almost nice to a fault. There are times when she thinks she could not be any more different from Taeyeon. But when she presses her lips against Taeyeon’s, and lets Taeyeon hold her hand, she realizes that she wants to be just like Taeyeon. She wants to see the world in colours too.

She spent the whole of last night thinking and overthinking about the things her mother said, about herself and more importantly, about Taeyeon. She knows the truth will hurt Taeyeon and their relationship. Things might never be the same again. Taeyeon might never see the world in colours again.

She decides that she must meet Taeyeon for one last time.

"Yo Fany. What's good?"

She had to suppress her smile. "What is that supposed to be? Where are you learning these things from?"

There was a slight chuckle from the other side of the line. "Ah, I was just watching that American show that you've introduced to me. Swag."

She deadpanned. "No Taeyeon. You're just being cringeworthy now."

"Meh. I thought I did a good job. I got the intonation right. Or at least 90% of it."

"Sure baby if you say so."

"Why did you call me for anyway? This is so random.”

Then she remembered the reason for the call. "Ah. I've something to talk to you about. How about dinner tonight near your dorm?"

On the other side of the line, Taeyeon frowned. A few things were out of place, three things to be precise. First, it was odd for Tiffany to initiate dates with Taeyeon. Taeyeon was more of the planner in the relationship. Second, Tiffany's voice seemed to have lost its usual edge. She seemed to be a little down. Thirdly, near her dorm? Tiffany disliked Korean food more than anything else. All these should have sounded like alarms in Taeyeon's head but she was just too excited for an impromptu dinner with Tiffany to even consider that something was wrong.

==

"Hello." Taeyeon felt a faint flutter in her heart when Tiffany flashed a smile in her direction. She really needs to get her heart checked someday.

"Hello to you too." Her tone was politely flat.

Instinctively, she reached out to hold Tiffany's hand but ended up gripping air when Tiffany put her hands into her shorts pocket.

Taeyeon made a face but said nothing. Just a coincidence, a coincidence.

Since the date started off on the wrong footing, Taeyeon was already feeling the strange atmosphere by the time they ordered their food and found their seats. But she said nothing and waited quietly for Tiffany to break the ice. Maybe Tiffany was having a bad day?

Of course Tiffany was the first to break the silence between the two.

"Taeyeon"

"Hm?" Taeyeon was a little distracted with scooping the rice into .

"Nothing." The second her eyes met the other round pair of eyes, her resolve wavered. "You messy pig." She remarked as she wiped the singular rice grain off the girl's chin.

"These taste awesome but I think I can make better ones. I will make it some other day for you."

Tiffany merely smiled.

"Dessert?

"Let's go somewhere quiet? I...have something to talk to you about."

She nodded and followed her girlfriend, not daring to initiate any hand holding after the earlier rejection. Something felt really off to Taeyeon but she did not know what it was.

==

Although Tiffany prides herself as being a very straightforward person, she found it very hard to be direct. She was at a loss of words. She had to choose her words carefully to minimize the hurt to Taeyeon. From day one, Taeyeon never deserved any of this and Tiffany never deserved an angel like Taeyeon.

"Taeyeon ah, I am really hope you will understand my point of view. I have really tried very hard. You're a really nice person." She swallowed, looking the girl who was in turn looking extremely confused. "But I don't think we should continue this anymore."

Taeyeon did not really understood where the conversation was going. She did not like the words that were coming out from Tiffany's mouth, she did not like the tone that Tiffany was using. Most of all, she hated how dark Tiffany's eyes were.

Wasn't it just a matter of uttering those three words? Tiffany had many practices anyway. She squeezed the hem of her blouse.

"Let's break up."

 

a/n: I will probably be able to finish this in less than 15 chapters^^.