Heartskipper 9

Heartskipper

Chapter 9

Taeyeon thinks of Tiffany as the epitome of perfection. Megawatt smile, jet black eyes that turn into precious crescents, curvy body coupled with her occasional witty humour. Taeyeon usually prides herself as being rational and calm (as her name suggests), but when it came to Tiffany, everything is thrown aside as she drowns in all that is Tiffany. Because she was with Tiffany, she was willing to change herself to better match up to Tiffany.

After that fateful day, Taeyeon became a lot more comfortable around Tiffany. She was more expressive and physically clingy. She insisted on opening doors and holding Tiffany’s hands whenever they went out together. Tiffany welcomed the change as Taeyeon used to shy away from more expressive forms of physical contact.

They were just walking around the shopping district after a quiet early dinner. Taeyeon stealthily wiped her sweaty left palm against her jeans before grabbing Tiffany’s right hand and holding on to it firmly, but never too hard. She lets out a mischievous smile as her girlfriend turned around.

“Why are you being so cute tonight?”

Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders and replied with a wider smile and a firmer grip on Tiffany’s hands.

Tiffany was lightly dressed in a thin pink cardigan and the breeze made her slightly too cold for comfort. She did not say anything about it, but it seemed as if Taeyeon knew.

She felt Taeyeon letting go of her hands and was just about to protest when she saw Taeyeon pulling her own jumper off.

“I know you’re not into Mickey Mouse fashion. But this is a Minnie Mouse jumper and you’re dressed too thinly for tonight.”

Tiffany had to suppress a smile. “Well, I guess I have to make do with this ugly thing.” She allowed Taeyeon to put on the jumper for her before retaking her right hand into her grip, her thumb occasionally smoothing Tiffany’s hand like it was the softest thing in the world.

The pair walked quietly, enjoying the slight breeze.

“Thank you for tonight. I like holding your hands.” Taeyeon declared after she had walked Tiffany to her doorstep.  

Tiffany knew exactly what Taeyeon meant but she thought she should have some fun with her girlfriend.

“You mean you only like my hands? I am really offended now, Kim Taeyeon.” She pretended to be angry by folding her arms and turning her back against the slightly confused girl.

“N-no no no. Of course not. I don’t like your hands. No no, I mean I like you and your hands and your smile. I like everything about you.”

“F-fany..?” Taeyeon watched as her girlfriend remained unresponsive to her reply.

All flustered, she spun the girl around and held on her shoulders and had to groan she saw her girlfriend trying really hard to hold back her laughter.

She pouted, unclearly not very happy to be tricked yet again. “You…”

“Come on, learn to take a joke.” Tiffany leaned in to kiss into the pout. “I had a good time tonight too.”

With a wink and a killer smile, she coolly turned around and entered her house; leaving Taeyeon and her tingling lips standing right outside her house.

==

Tiffany stepped into her house, humming a happy tune as she took off her shoes.

“Looks like somebody is happy tonight.”

“Oh shut up.” She threw her shoes right beside the cabinet, not really caring whether it landed.

“Which girl was it?”

Tiffany shot a death glare the girl who was sitting on the couch.

“Rachel? Minji? Or is it Yuji? I have lost track.”

“Shut up before I rip your head off.”

“SO violent. Be careful I might tell Mom.”

Tiffany sighed. “What do you want again?”

“I knew you’re the best sister there is in this world. I have this really important event to attend next week and I need a dress to look presentable.”

“Wear Mom’s old wedding gown. That thing might make you look human.”

“Seriously Sis. Come onnnn. I promise I wouldn’t tell Mom anything—“

“What do you have to tell me?”

The two girls turned around to see their mother standing right before them, obviously she was listening to the conversation between the two girls.

“Taylor, you go into your room first. I have something to talk to your sister about.”

Tiffany shot another death glare at her apologetic looking sister who ran into the room before Tiffany could do anything to her.

“Come Miyoung, have a talk with Mom? It has been some time.”

The girl nodded and made some space on the couch for her mother.

“Miyoung ah, you know I have always turned a blind eye to all of your dating? I have nothing against you dating girls. Dating girls is the same as dating boys. You need to treat your dates with respect. I know that boy had hurt you a lot.”

“Mom…”

“Listen to me first, baby. I know he had hurt you a lot and I know you needed time to get better so I allowed you do whatever you wanted. But this cannot go on forever. You need to grow up and stop treating dating as a game.”

Tiffany’s head was lowered as she recalled the boy who broke her heart. It was her first love and it still stung because of the way it ended. Since then, she just did not want to take any relationships seriously. She figured it would hurt a lot less that way.

“Someday you will find someone who really loves you a lot and maybe then you will stop hurting. But if you were to keep doing this to everyone around you, treating them like disposables, then you will never find anyone like that. It is time to open your heart again.” The woman kissed her daughter’s forehead and left her alone to absorb all that she had said. “Think about what I have just said. Have an early night. I love you.”

Tiffany settled herself onto the couch, one arm draped over her slightly teary eyes and all she thought of was Taeyeon. Taeyeon, Taeyeon, Taeyeon, the childlike sparkle in her eyes and the way she held onto Tiffany’s hands.

 

a/n: Sorry I took way too long to update this...but I promise I will finish this up.