Heartskipper 18 (End)

Heartskipper

She felt a bounce on her bed. She stretched and groaned, not wanting to open her eyes. Another bounce, and another bounce, followed by bursts of giggles.  

 

“Unnie! Unnie! Unnie!”

 

Still hazy from sleep, she opened her eyes a little and saw a tiny girl bouncing on the bed. It was Norae, still clad in her pajamas giggling while hopping around. She smiled and hugged the tiny body, eliciting another burst of screams.

 

“No Unnie! Let me go!”  

 

“No, you woke me up now I am not letting you go~”

 

The small girl struggled and giggled and screamed, eventually giving up and resting on Tiffany's chest.

 

“From the screams, I almost thought a World War was happening.” Taeyeon walked into the room with an apron wrapped around her waist.

 

“No-rae started it.”

 

“No! Unnie tickled me!” The girl quickly retorted, not happy at the accusation.

 

Taeyeon chuckled. “Yes, yes. Our No-rae is the most obedient girl in the world. Thank you for helping me to wake Fany Unnie up. Time for breakfast?”

 

She walked over to the bedside and lifted the girl up onto her arms.

 

“Please don't grow up anymore.” Taeyeon commented while feeling the weight of the girl on her arms. “I miss the tiny you, when I can still easily lift you up.”

 

This only earned a pout from the girl. “No! I wanna grow up quickly!”

 

“Don't listen to your aunt.” Tiffany got up from the bed, stretching lazily. “She is just weak.”

 

“Yah! Fany!’

 

“Do you remember that time you tried to carry me to the bed?” The woman flashed a flirty wink.

 

The girl looked at her aunt cluelessly and innocently asked, “Fany unnie fell asleep? Sometimes I fall asleep watching cartoons and TaeTae unnie would carry me to the bed too.”

 

Tiffany laughed as she watched Taeyeon's face flush red and how she attempted to explain the situation to her young niece. Taeyeon shot a warning glaring to her girlfriend who laughed even harder.

 

“Yes, your TaeTae unnie tried.”

 

“Okay that's quite enough.” Taeyeon gave another stern look to her girlfriend. “Let's go and get some pancakes while Fany unnie washes up.”

 

==

 

Tiffany went into the kitchen and was met with sounds of bright laughters.

 

“Fany unnie! Look!”

 

The little girl lifted her plastic cartoon plate, showing the contents of the plate to the woman.

 

“I have got a Mickey pancake!”

 

“Put it down, No-rae. I am not giving you another one if you drop it.” Taeyeon shouted from the stove.

 

Tiffany wrapped her arms around the woman’s neck who was currently working the stove. “Mickey mouse pancake? Are you stealing my idea now?”

 

“Yes. She likes Mickey, I like Mickey. Look, I even bought a pancake mold.” Taeyeon replied with a hint of pride.

 

“What a copycat.”

 

Taeyeon turned around and when she noticed No-rae concentrating on the cartoon playing on the TV, she sneaks a kiss. “Love you.”

 

“Not right now.” Tiffany pushes her girlfriend’s cheeks away.

 

“Then when? You haven’t let me kiss you since yesterday.” Taeyeon remarked with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

 

Tiffany lets out a sigh and took a glance at the little girl. “Can we talk later?”

 

Taeyeon deflated. “Alright then.”

 

The couple brought the little girl out for shopping and by the time they arrived home in the mid afternoon, the little girl was already rubbing her tired eyes and became slightly moody. Taeyeon decided to tuck her niece to bed.

 

When Taeyeon returned to her bedroom, she saw Tiffany lazing on the bed, eyes fixed on the ceiling.

 

“Hey” Taeyeon said gently as she slipped into the sheets, wanting to snuggle with her girlfriend.

 

Tiffany opened her arms, letting Taeyeon’s head rest against her collarbones. Suddenly her sense were filled with Taeyeon and only Taeyeon. She has never said this to anyone before, but Taeyeon smelt like


“A penny for your thoughts?”

 

Tiffany took hold of Taeyeon’s left hand, entwined her fingers fully into Taeyeon’s. With measured slowness, she pulled the back of Taeyeon’s palm upwards and gave it a kiss.

 

“I am thinking about..you.”

 

Taeyeon had to smile.

 

“I am thinking about the first time we met.”

 

“Yah!” Taeyeon had to protest. “Didn’t I tell you to wipe that memory away from your head! Thanks for spoiling the romantic moment!” The girl pouted and tried to struggle out of Tiffany’s hold.

 

This only elicited bursts of laughter from the other woman. “You walked around the school in your Mickey mouse pajamas…How could I ever forget about that?” She laughed till there were tears at the corner of her eyes as she tried to catch her breath.

 

“Stop it Hwang.” The woman tried to sound really stern but failed miserably.

 

“It’s cute.”

 

“It’s embarrassing.”

 

“Even more embarrassing than the time you tried to carry me?”

 

Taeyeon groaned.

 

“Come on baby, stop being petty. I like how our first meeting is different from the usual, lovey dovey-romantic situations that you read in fiction. It’s special.”

 

“That I agree.”

 

“So that’s why…” Tiffany turned the woman around and gave a kiss on her nose. “I want you to stop being embarrassed whenever I bring that up. I think it’s really cute and it's something I would never want us to forget. Okay?”

 

“O-okay…” She allowed herself to sink back into Tiffany’s hold, liking the way their bodies fit together. Like two separate pieces of jigsaw puzzles interlocking with each other. Different but compatible.

 

It was soothing as always, to be right next to Tiffany. She couldn’t think of a life without Tiffany.

 

“We are going to your parents’ house for dinner tonight right?”

 

“Yeah. But we don’t have to go if you don’t want to. We can just drop Norae off and then come home.”

 

“No. I want to.”

 

But Umma…”

 

“It’s okay. I can handle anything that she dishes out to me. I have thought about it, I don’t want to give up on you.”

 

Taeyeon looked at her girlfriend. “I am so thankful to you. Sometimes I wonder what you see in me.”

“I see many things. Love, amongst many things.”

 

“I love you.”

 

“I love you too.”

 

==

 

“Remember not to tell your Appa that we ate the entire tub of ice-cream!” Taeyeon whispered while carrying the girl in her arms.

 

“Okay.” The little girl whispered back, giggling.

 

Tiffany shook her head and pressed the doorbell. It opened almost immediately. Norae was still clinging on her favourite aunt as they entered the house, not wanting to let go.

 

“Look at this girl, she likes her aunt more than her parents.” Taeyeon’s brother remarked.

 

“Taetae unnie is the best! She lets me eat my favourite strawberry ice-cream! The whole thing!” The girl blabbered excitedly. She obviously had forgotten about the promise she had made with Taeyeon before they entered the house.

 

Taeyeon cleared guilty. “Oppa! I made sure she drank loads of water after that! This little betrayer...” She pinched her niece’s cheeks.
 

Her brother and sister-in-law could only shake their head.

 

“Anyway, thank you for babysitting Norae the whole day. I got to spend more private time with your sister-in-law.” Her brother winked, eliciting protests from his wife, who was blushing by now.

 

Tiffany trailed behind Taeyeon nervously, not knowing what to expect. Taeyeon lets the girl down before slipping one hand into Tiffany’s. “Let’s go greet my parents. I think they are in the dining hall.”

 

“Appa, Umma. I have brought Tiffany home for dinner.”

Tiffany stared at the ground. She didn’t dare to look Taeyeon’s mother in her eyes.

 

“Good.” Taeyeon’s father nodded his head in approval while Taeyeon’s mother kept quiet. She seemed visibly calmer as compared to the previous night.

 

“This is serious right Taeyeon?”
 

“It is. I love this girl.”

“Why haven’t you told us about her? You started dating her in college isn’t it?”

“Yes…” Taeyeon lowered her head and tightened her hold around Tiffany’s hand. “I didn’t know how to tell you. I don’t want you to get angry at Tiffany.”

 

“Well, you’re a big girl now. As your parents, we may not exactly approve of your choice of partners but we accept and love you for who you are.”

“Appa…”

 

“What? You think we are going to forcibly separate the two of you? This is not a soap drama. This is real life and you’re my precious daughter.”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“There’s nothing to be sorry about.”

 

Taeyeon shifted in her spot restlessly. She took a careful glance at her mother.

 

“U-umma…?”

 

“What?”

 

“I love Tiffany and I want you to like you as well.”

 

“Give me some time Taetae.” The older woman let out a sigh. “I’ll go take a look at the soup in the kitchen. I think it’s boiling.”

 

Tiffany suddenly felt like she was not welcomed in this house as she watched the lady of the house walk out of the dining hall, without sparing a single look at TIffany.

 

“Your Umma is still in shock. You can’t really blame her for this. She has always been extra protective of you. And Miyoung?”

 

“Yes Mr Kim?”

 

“I hope you wouldn’t take Taeyeon’s mother’s hostility to heart. She just needs some time to get around to it.”

 

“T-thank you for accepting me.”

 

“I should be the one to thank you for tolerating my daughter.” The aged man gave a faint smile. “I think we both know how different my daughter can be.”

 

“Appa!”

 

“It’s the truth. I have noticed the subtle changes in you over the years.”

 

“I didn’t do anything. Taeyeon has been a great girlfriend. The best one could ever ask for.”

 

“See Appa? I’m quite a catch after all.” Taeyeon proclaimed with a smug grin.

 

“Does Miyoung know you used to run around the house without your pants on?”

 

“APPA!!”

 

“Come on, let’s get started on the dinner.”

 

Tiffany whispered, "But I do know that you used to run around the school with your kiddy pajamas on."

 

"FANY!!"

 

==

 

“I think Umma would take some time to warm up to you. But other than that, everyone is in love with you. Especially Norae. I think Norae is starting to like you more than me.” The woman remarked as she changed into her pajamas.

 

Tiffany sat at the makeup table, putting on her night cream. “Are you jealous?”

“Hm, a little. I don’t like sharing you with Norae.”

“I don’t like sharing you with Norae either.” The woman stated.

 

“That makes the two of us. But it’s Norae, I am not about to hold a grudge against her.” Taeyeon lazily plopped herself on the bed and stared at the ceiling. “Now that everything is more or less settled, can I marry you now?”

 

“Seriously Kim Taeyeon.” Tiffany moved to the bed as well, turning on the night lamp on the bedstand. “Can you be any less romantic?”

 

“I know I am lacking in this area but I have done my research and plan to watch a couple of chick flicks for ideas.”

“Sure baby, do whatever you do to.”

 

“Wait. Why aren’t you a single bit excited about it?”

Tiffany pulled the blanket up, carefully covering both Taeyeon and herself. “Baby, is the air-conditioning temperature okay for you?”

 

“Yes. But Fany, why aren’t you excited about the fact that I am going to propose to you?”

 

“Because I don’t think it is important to formalise anything. I have you and I know you love me. That’s enough for me. Besides, there is no way we can officially get married here. I doubt your mother would be okay with that.”

Taeyeon pouted, slightly deflated.

 

“And also, I have read the notepad you left in the toilet. It has literally everything that you were planning. Someone has already ordered pink roses from our favourite flower shop eh? 81 pink helium balloons?”

 

“Fany! How could you read it without my permission? It’s supposed to be private! Top Secret!”

 

“I saw a random notepad in the toilet. I was just checking if it’s yours. Also baby, you are the most unromantic person in the universe.”

 

By now, Taeyeon’s cheeks had already turned crimson. “I-I am still working on it!”

Tiffany inched closer to her girlfriend and the flushing cheeks. “I don’t care if you’re the least romantic person in the world. I just want you to be you. I have said this many times, I like you for the way you are. I, Tiffany Hwang, loves Kim Taeyeon for everything that she is. I don’t want you to go out of your way to become someone else.”

 

Taeyeon huffed and lets Tiffany kiss her.

 

“You’re always talking about how I make your heart skip?” Tiffany held Taeyeon’s hand against her chest. “Feel that? It has been years and yet everytime I kiss you, this foolish heart of mine still flutters endlessly.”

 

“Fany…”

 

“So there is no need to get all stressed up about proposals or marriage. Of course I want to have a family with you somewhere down the road. But there isn’t a need to rush into things. I don't want you to be stressed.”

 

“Fany, have I told you I love you before?”

 

“Countless of times. As you should.”
 

“Man, I am so glad I found you. You’re really perfect.”

 

“You’re not too shabby yourself. Except for one flaw.”

 

Taeyeon frowned. “What flaw?”

 

“You know how you always wear those cartoon pajamas to bed? Whenever we have , it turns me off. Makes me wanna rip that damn hideous thing away from you. And then I remember that it will make you mad if I ruin your favorite pajamas...I have to gently your top.”

 

Tiffany smirked and pinned her girlfriend down, resting on her waist. She proceed to unclasp the buttons of Taeyeon’s top, one by one. At an agonizingly slow pace.

 

“F-fany...it’s okay you don’t have to take your time.”
 

“No baby...We can’t have you whining all night about your ruined pajamas.” Tiffany continued the slow pace, making the woman underneath frustrated.

“I can do it myself.” Taeyeon tried to unclasp her top herself but was stopped by a slap on her wrist.

“Now, now baby. Who said you are allowed to move? You’re mine tonight." Tiffany ran a finger from Taeyeon's nose down to her navel. "I want you.” 

She watched in anticipation as Tiffany’s usual bright eyes darkened.

It is gonna be one long night.

 

/end

==

a/n: Currently working on One Afternoon. If you are interested, you can check it out here http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1009058/one-afternoon-snsd-taeny-taeyeon-tiffany