Heartskipper 2

Heartskipper

Chapter 2

 

Her head was spinning, her lips were trembling in place and her legs were about to give away. Her brain had stopped working and her mind was whirling.

The kiss was soft, gentle and Tiffany's warm breath tickled Taeyeon's sensations.

"Well, I usually my girls after the first date. But you're different so I'm letting you go with a kiss."  

She strutted off, leaving the girl standing rigid, lips puckered outwards for a long time.

==

Sunny was confused. Her best friend left the house bursting with all the excitement in the world but came home behaving like a zombie occasionally feeling with her own fingers.

"Taeng, Taeng. Earth to Taeyeon."

"..."

"Stop being weird" She watched her best friend sit herself up from the bed, eyes blinking.

"..."

"KIM TAEYEON" Sunny couldn't keep her frustrations in anymore.

"Affirmative. My lips feels weird, Sunny."

"What?" Her eyes bulged out immediately. "What did you just said?"

"It feels...different."

Taeyeon could not comprehend what was going on inside her body after her lips came into contact with Tiffany's lips. It was tingling non-stop. She kinda liked it. It was a nice kind of weird. Was it weird that she wanted to have contact with Tiffany's lips again? It was supple, sof--

"Yah!" Sunny poked her best friend. "Stop being weird please. What happened? Talk to me?"

"I don't know okay, it was after the movie and then we were walking and talking. You know, the movie was amazing but Tiffany did not like it. I personally thought the special effects used were amazing. I guess it was an oversight on my part and--"

"Stop rambling and get to the point."

"Y-yeah. So while we were walking and talking, Tiffany brought her lips to my lips. And now my lips feels weird." Taeyeon said, feeling her tingling lips with her fingers for the umpteenth time.

"WHAT! SHE KISSED YOU?"

"WHAT! SHE KISSED ME?"

Taeyeon tried to take in deep breaths of air, but she found herself only taking numerous shallow breaths. The sudden realization that it was a kiss made her heart stopped momentarily.

That night, she allowed Sunny to calm her down and tucked her in bed. She tried not to think about the kiss and slipped into unconsciousness.

==

“Seriously Hwang Tiffany. I am going to hunt you down tomorrow.” She whispered into her phone, careful not to wake her sleeping roommate up.

“What. Stop over-reacting. It was just a friendly kiss. You know I would usually do a lot more than that right?”

“Oh sweet jesus, please spare me the details.”

“How’s she?”

“She didn’t even know it was a kiss okay!”

“Are you serious?” Tiffany burst out in laughter over the phone. “That’s too cute!”

"What are you going to do about this?"

"What?"

"You can’t just kiss someone and then dump her aside after that!" Sunny hissed into the speaker.

"It's just a kiss, stop overreacting. Besides I didn't say that I was dumping her aside right?"

"I have heard enough stories about you and your girls."

"It's none of your business to be honest."

"It's my business if you're messing around with my best friend. I am really going to kill you!”  

“Oh no you won’t. I am showing her what it means to live like a teenager. Sunny, you need to stop treating her like your baby.” Tiffany paused slightly. “Because she will become my baby.”

==

Taeyeon woke up feeling a little confused and lightheaded. She had a strange dream of a pair of giant, feisty red lips chasing after her. She scratched her neck as she climbed out of her bed, still clouded by sleep.

“Morning, nerd head. How are you feeling today? Better?”

“Morning, midget.”

“Oh look who’s talking.”

“The girl who is 3 centimetres taller than you.”

“Whatever. So…are you feeling better?” Sunny took a careful look at her friend’s expression. It was normal and calm.

“What?” Taeyeon took a second to process. And it finally struck her. The kiss! “Y-yeah, I g-guess so.”

“Okay then. I am planning to hunt her down later in class.”

“No. Don’t!”

“Tell me, Taeng. Do you really like her?”

She felt her cheeks heating up. Taeyeon grabbed her glasses from the night stand and put them on slowly as an excuse to ignore Sunny’s question.

“Tell me. Now. Before I tell Tiffany that you eat baby biscuits for breakfast.”

“Argh. Baby biscuits are not just for babies alright. They’re nice and crunchy and have the right amount of sweetness.” Taeyeon rubbed her forehead harshly in frustration. “This is what I get for being your roommate. Always threatening me.”

“You don’t have a choice. Do you or do you not?”

“I don’t know. I like the way her eyes disappears into narrow crescents whenever she smiles, I like her voice. I like how she is always cheery to everyone.” Taeyeon felt like she could go on and on about Tiffany’s perfections, but she stopped herself, not wanting to creep her roommate out.

Sunny let out a sigh.

“That means you like her. As your friend, I would respect your decision. But please be careful, Tiffany is more than what you think she is."

"What's with her?" Taeyeon muttered the last few words softly. “But she’s perfect…”

"I don't think it's nice for me to talk behind her back. All I can tell you if that you ain't her first girl." Sunny picked up her bag. "See you later. Remember to eat and breathe."

"See you at 12.05 for physics. 5 minutes later than usual because I have to go do something before that." Taeyeon replied in her usual lengthy and precise fashion.

And Sunny left the room in her usual hasty and ninja like fashion.

==

She took off her glasses and wiped it with her t-shirt. She wanted to peep inside the lecture hall but decided that it could potentially turn into something embarrassing.

She was about to put her glasses back on when she felt an arm going around her waist, startling her.

The shock caused her glasses to drop into the ground, rendering her semi blind. She squinted her eyes and tried to focus on the features in front of her. The eyesmile, the sharp nose, the soft and supple lips....

"Ohmygod"

"Hey baby. Are you waiting for me?"

The realization that it was Tiffany startled her for the second time today. The proximity made her heart pound rapidly. She squirmed a little at the ticklish feeling of the arm around her waist.

Tiffany watched the proceedings amusingly. The dropping of the glasses, the squinting, the staring and the squirming.

"Stop overloading me with your cuteness." She inched forward, her lips close to Taeyeon's red ear and whispered. "I might just kiss you right here.”

And poor Taeyeon was startled for the third time today. She tried to move her head away and found herself even closer when Tiffany tightened her arm around Taeyeon's waist.

"Why are you being so shy?" She took Taeyeon's red earlobe between her lips and at it lightly.

Taeyeon's senses had long gone into overdrive. Nothing was functioning anymore. She was literally trembling in place.

"I-i...y-you..."

"Come on. Let's go." Tiffany took Taeyeon's limp fingers in her hands and pulled her along.

"M-my g-glasses..."

Taeyeon never showed up for physics lesson that day.

==

"Why do you like me?"

"Huh?" Taeyeon's mind was still overwhelmed by everything and the fact that she was semi blind confused her even more.

"I repeat, why do you like me?”

"You have a nice smile that reaches your eyes. A pretty eyesmile." Those words came out of Taeyeon's mouth easily.

"That’s all? You only like my smile?"

"N-no, no- " Taeyeon was quick to reply. "I was just trying to give an objective analysis of what makes you attractive to people. I took your best features and compared it to everyone else in the school. No one has a smile like yours." She shook her head convincingly.

"Yah, Kim Taeyeon. I'm not a specimen."

"Of course you're not!" You’re like a goddess…

"Who allowed you to look at other girls anyway?" Tiffany snapped. "You're my baby."

"W-what?" Taeyeon made an awkward expression and tried to adjust her glasses habitually, only to realize that it was missing.

There was an awkward silence as Taeyeon tried to formulate a coherent reply in her head. Did Tiffany just imply that she likes me? I am her baby? No way! She wanted to stand up and scream. But something else was bothering her. She had to get it out of her chest before she could focus.  

She eventually broke the silence and spoke meekly, "Can I go back to retrieve my glasses? I can't see well without them."

"Are you serious? I just confessed to you. You dork.” Tiffany sighed loudly and shook her head dramatically. “Why did I even like someone like that?”

“Wait for me? I will be back quickly.”

==

Taeyeon went back to the lecture hall to retrieve her glasses and smiled a little to herself when she got her sight back. Now she could focus on the more important things.

She dashed back to her dorm room to grab a few important things before heading back to Tiffany.

She ran back breathlessly, her cheeks all pink and flushed.

“H-hi”

“Woah, you look like you just ran a marathon.” Tiffany eyed the envelope that she was clutching onto. “What’s that?”

“These are my results slips for the past 10 years of my academic life and my yearly health reports.”

Tiffany shot her a puzzled look but allowed Taeyeon to continue.

“If you would read them through, you would know that I have gotten mostly straight As for the past 10 years, with the exception of last year where I got a B+ for English. I would continue to work hard on that. As for my health, I might be a little short for my age, but other than that, I am in the pink of health.”

“What..? Are you trying to show off?”

“No, I am just trying to let you know more about me. Sunny always talks about how the two parties need to know more about each other before plunging into a relationship.” Taeyeon stuffed the papers back into the envelope. “I have made copies for you. You can bring them home to read.”

“What is this nonsense?” Tiffany was half amused and half frustrated. She took the envelope and ripped it into pieces, surprising the other girl. “I like you. I don’t need to know anything else. Shut up and let me kiss you.”

She leaned towards Taeyeon, circling her arm around Taeyeon’s neck. Taeyeon’s breath hitched and her round, glassy eyes widened when she saw Tiffany inching closer. She tensed up a little under Tiffany’s hold, her arms rigid at the sides of her body.

Tiffany expertly took Taeyeon’s trembling lips into hers, savouring them and on them lightly.

“Hey, relax okay. I am not going to hurt you.” She whispered against Taeyeon’s lips when she realized that the girl was still shaking in place. “Put your arms around me.”

Taeyeon nodded her head once and carefully placed her arms around Tiffany’s waist, afraid to put pressure on it.

“Close your eyes and relax.” Tiffany pecked the pink cheek once, hoping to calm the girl down.

She tightened her hold around Taeyeon’s neck, bringing her lips to Taeyeon’s again. She pecked the lips for a few times and deepened the kiss when she felt the girl relaxing under her hold.

That day, Taeyeon did not even care whether her heart was beating, pounding or skipping.

All she cared about was that Tiffany’s hers.

 

a/n: Of course, I am aware that there is no way Taeyeon wouldn't realize that it was kiss. But it is a fanfiction after all, so I took the liberty to exaggerate the situation. But what I wanted to highlight is the feeling of a first kiss, where you would feel surreal and confused about the situation.