Mother

Who Will? (Editing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(play this if you want to cry)

BTS · 엄마 (cover) by Jin

 

Jihoo's POV

*sighed* 

I looked at the sleeping bear...  I bent down in order to see her face closer but once I saw her face sleeping so peacefully that my tears can't help but swell up. I tuck in a strand of her hair behind her ear as I bite my lips to hold my tears. "Seul... I'll miss you so much." I continue to admire her face, even her breathing sounded so soothing that I'll forever engrave it to my memory so when I long for her, I'll always remember this. I swallowed my pride and slowly plant a kiss on her forehead to say my farewell. I let my lips linger on her forehead just a while longer until I felt a teardrop. "Mianhae Seul... Looks like I can't keep my promise. Goodbye." I slowly stood up to avoid waking her up. I looked at the table to see my letter, I hope you forgive me Seul...

I painfully walk out of the room and move to the living room to see my mother holding a suitcase. She showed me a smile before she wrapped her arms around me, "Let's go?" I wipe my tears with the fabric of her dress as I nod without a word. She caresses my head before letting go, I turn around to see Auntie and Uncle with sad smiles on their faces... How can I leave them? Although it was a short amount of time, they've stood up as my parents without asking for anything back from me. I quickly ran into their arms, "Please take care. Don't overwork yourselves. Don't get sick... Don't forget me." They both pat my back in a soothing manner. 

"How can we forget our Jihoo? You'll always be welcome here okay?" Auntie's voice was shaking as if she was holding back her tears, "Thank you for everything. I promise I'll repay you someday." Her shaking voice seemed to be contagious that I caught it as well. Uncle broke the hug between the three of us, "You don't need to repay us Jihoo-ah, you just need to be happy okay? We want you to find your happiness so please follow your heart." He pointed at my chest softly, I looked down on his fingers and then up to his face that's covered with tears. I my lips, if I stay any longer I might change my mind. I need to go.  "I will Appa, Umma. So please find your happiness as well. Thank you for everything." I gave them one last hug before taking my mother's hand. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At the Airport

I continued to follow my mother as she goes through the process of checking in, but of course being a kid I was or I was missing someone that I took out my phone and looked at my messages. I went to the first person, I want to hear from the most. No messages... I refreshed the screen but still no messages. We finally got through all the security before we sat at the waiting area near of flight station. Then all the sudden, my mother's name has been called by a woman along with a little girl who's unfamiliar no matter how hard I try to remember all the names of the guest at the usual fancy parties my family always holds. My mother looked at her with a wide smile before welcoming her in a hug. "It's nice to see you again, it's been so long." My mother exclaimed, I stood behind my mother and so did the lady's child. "I know! I missed you. You still look so beautiful and elegant, I'm glad to see that you haven't changed." My mother giggles, "Stop it, you. How about you? Looks like you haven't aged at all and continue to look gorgeously youthful." As they exchange compliments, I looked at the little girl hiding behind her mother's legs. She had these mesmerizing cat-like eyes that compliment her beautiful yet adorable face, her petite figure even makes me feel like I should protect her. She had headphones on as she was holding a walkman, she loves vintage music. Great! I mean most girls her age usually have the newest iPod, interesting.

The more I looked at her, the more she hid behind her mother's dress. I chuckled before running to her, "Hi! I'm Nathaniel Julian Joon Padillia Kang, I know it's really long hehe. What's your name?" I held my hand out for her to shake. She then shyly look at me, "Jennie Kim." she shook my hand. "Aww Bella, how old was your son again? My Jennie here is 7 years old." The lady pointed at her daughter, my mother then ruffled my hair. "He's 5 years old." Jennie's mother's eyes went wide, "He doesn't look 4 years old." My mother giggles again, "He is mature for his age, but he's still a baby." The lady then bows down to my height to face me, "Well then, it's nice to meet you, Nathaniel. You grew up well from the last time I've seen you, my Jennie here was 2 years old when she first met you as a baby so you can call her Noona if you'd like to." I nod eagerly, I let my true childish personality come out as I finally have to stop pretending to be 9 years old. I turn to Jennie and held her hand, "Annyeong, Jennie Noona! It's nice to meet you!" I showed her my best toothy smile. She continued to look at her as if in shock, I guess so I would be too.

It was soon time to board, Mother sat with Jennie's mother so I had to sit with Jennie who continued to remain quiet but not for long, hehe an evil smirk popped out of my lips. "Jennie Noona~ Jennie Noona~" She turns her head around to face me so I showed her another smile because she heard me. "I'm bored. Do you wanna play a game?" She looked at her mother for reassurance before nodding. I smiled widely before grabbing her hand again, "Okie, let's play thumb war hehe. You're gonna lose so bad Noona." After one round... She won! "One more! One more!" She won again and it kept going until the 10th round. I pouted as I lost interest in this game, "It's not fun anymore." I slumped down my seat and silence conquered the once was a loud atmosphere. 

I was silently sulking until... "Na---Nathaniel, mianhae. Let's play a different game." I turned around with wide eyes, it was the first time Jennie Noona initiated the conversation. "Okie." We continued to play to the point that we were lost in our own words that not even the food manage to distract our attention from one another. Everything was going so well until we heard a loud thunder outside... That's scary, I curl up under the blanked the plane provided. "Dear passengers, please remain seated with your seatbelts as we may encounter disturbance. Please, and thank you." I listened to the pilot obediently, "Na---Nateuh. I'm scawed." I looked at my side to see a shaking Jennie who's ready to cry. I think she even bit her tongue, she continued to whimper until I take off my seatbelt. I then sat beside her on her chair, good thing we fit. Well, we are kids after all. I wrapped my arms around her so she can go underneath the blanket, "Shh~ Noona you'll be fine. I'll protect you." She put on the seatbelt around me too, "Only a knight and shining armor can protect people." She reasoned as she was still afraid.

I chuckle, "Then I'll be a prince, I'm better than a knight. I'll protect my princess at all cost. I promise, cross my heart and hope to die." I didn't give her a cheeky smile this time, but a smile full of promise and sincerity. She then held on to me tightly right away, I caress her back in order for her to calm down. It works after a couple minutes only because---- She ended up falling asleep. I was feeling sleepy too, I might as well.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter