A New Beginning

Who Will? (Editing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After A Few Months

The little boy scoffs as he watching his father recite a speech. "Hi, it's nice to see you all here. Thank you for coming all the way no matter how tight and busy your schedules are---" He couldn't keep it any longer, he excused himself and the next thing he knows he was sitting down a bench.  He took out his game boy as he sighed, he didn't want to be here. He hated these parties, but he can't avoid his responsibility no matter what. He continued to play with his Gameboy until... "Wahh!!" He heard a girl's cry. He let goes of his Gameboy and followed the voice who continued to cry. He then found a little girl surrounded by a bunch of spoiled rich boys teasing her with a certain doll. They continued to and he couldn't stand it, once she mentioned that her doll was given by her deceased mother.

He quickly ran and kicked the boy who seemed to be their leader down his crotch, he kinda deserves that. He fell to the ground groaning which gathered the attention of the other boys before they looked at him. Good thing he learned Karate, he began to punch each one of them, they were about to get up but once they saw his face, they put their fist down. I chuckle, they begged for forgiveness as they give her doll back.  I just let it go and turn to the little girl, she shyly thanked me and asked for my name. "Oh yeah, I haven't seen you around much.  Are you new here? Well, the name is Nathaniel and don't be afraid to ask for help next time. Um ..?" I asked for her name this time, "My name is Byun Jungha and it's nice to meet you." She gave him a wide smile.  "Well from now on me and you are best friends, that what you say if people bully you again okay?" He put his thumbs up as he gave her wide smile.  She smiled wider than ever giving him an eye smile, "Nathaniel is my best friend." He smiled again, they were in the middle of talking when Barbara called Nathaniel. He bid goodbye to the girl, but she wasn't convinced that he'll remember her, so he gave her his shell that was given by his mother and sang her one of his favorite lullabies. He ran to his sister who had a worried look on her face. 

"Nate what happened to you? I thought you went missing again." The boy smiled and reassured his sisters, "I'm okay, see? Safe and sound." Soon he felt someone hands on his shoulder, "Nathan may I have a word with you?" The boy looked up only to find his father who had a serious expression. The boy nods, he knows that he must've done something wrong again. His father leads him inside the mansion and proceeds to a room where nobody can see them. The father was about to lock the door, but it was opened by his wife and other children. "Honey this is a family matter, don't exclude us." The wife puts her husband's arm.His father sighs and massages his template. He then once again locks the door as soon as the whole family came in. Nate could only look at the ground feeling guilty already, even if he didn't know what he could have possibly done wrong.

"It was you, wasn't it!? Those kids who have bruises on their faces, you did that right!?" His father began to yell all the sudden startling everyone in the room.The boy bit his lip, "Yes it was me, I had to do it becau-----" He was cut off when his father spoke again, "Why would you do that!? You ungrateful son brought nothing but trouble into this family! You know what their parents will say about our company? They may be a small company, but we could have used them as partners. I asked you not to cause any problems, but what do you do? You never listen!" His wife soon came to his side trying to calm him down.

"Father, I'm sorry," Nathaniel said as polite as he can, while slightly sounding scared. "You think a sorry can fix this!? You've always said sorry, but what good has it done to our family!?" The boy felt his cheeks sting. He looked at his father with a shock expression as he saw him with his hand up in the air. He soon realized his father had hit him. His wife then slapped her husband, "Honey! That's too much!" She ran to her child who held his tears in as his mother wrapped her arms around him. The father was about to raise his hand up to his wife too, but soon stopped and sighed. "The first time we saw that trash, I told you not to take him. We shouldn't have adopted that misfortune. I'm telling you right now, he was born to make our life miserable. He's the son of Satan."

He then turned around to his son who seemed to be shocked by the news and finally burst into tears as he cries in his mother's arm... or is it stepmother now? "I'm not going to tolerate this anymore Nathaniel, you are going to Korea and Mrs. Kim and Mr. Kim will be there to teaching you how to behave properly and you will only be sent back here if you finally behave." His father, Mr. Kang pointed his finger at Nathan. This was the sad reality, he knew ever since he was born his father had hated him and finally, the truth finally comes out.

"You are to go to Korea this instant, I'm going to call the Kims to get ready and pack up and you can't say no. THIS IS A PUNISHMENT FOR TARNISHING OUR NAME FOR THE LAST TIME!!" Mr. Kang pointed at the ground with a harsh tone. All the other family member looked at their father/husband like he was crazy."But why father!? Nathaniel didn't mean to do it." Barbara finally spoke up to protect her brother. His mother let go of her son only to slap Mr. Kang again. "For god sakes what are you think honey... why would you send our only son to Korea?" He could only look at his son with hatred in his eyes, "He isn't my son." A moment of silence filled the room but Nathaniel cut the silence. "Father, actually I'm quite thankful that you're sending me to Korea at least I won't have to face such a horrible father! Wait no, Did you call my real father Satan? I think wrong. You should be called Satan." He yelled out loud while his father was already at the door. Mr. Kang quickly stopped as soon as he heard that. 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter