My Shield

Who Will? (Editing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihoon's POV

"And that's what happened. Guys, I really need your help, please?" I clump my fingers together and begged Jongin, Sehun, Wonpil, Wonshik (Or so he wants to be called Ravi), Hongbin, Chansik, Hoseok, Yoonhyung, and Sungcheol to help me. "Don't look at me, I don't know how to dance." Wonpil shook his head along with his head. I looked at the rest of them and they all gave me a 'good luck, I'll pray for you' look until I got to Jongin and Sehun. "Sure, you'd do the same for us if we were in trouble with some gangs anyways." Jongin states and Sehun nodded his head. "Seulgi's life is at state. Of course, we'll help but not with the dance." Jinyoung placed his hand on my shoulder and massaged it to calm me down, I gave him a sincere smile. "Gomawo, I really messed up big time. I shouldn't have provoked them, now Seulgi's involved." I bit my lip, feeling too guilty to even face the latter. 

"I think you should continue to drop Seulgi and pick her up, but you need to bring us with you every time. It's too dangerous what if they ambush you two." Jongin began, although he isn't the bravest out of our friends, he'll stand up for us when needed. I smile, "Let's practice after you drop her off. You need to start, the dance battle is in four days." I nod, it's Monday. I'm dead. Friday is just around the corner, I can't slack off anymore. As soon as the bell rings, we all go to our respective classes. But I couldn't focus at all in class, I tap my foot nervously throughout the whole afternoon. We dropped Seulgi off to her dance class, she was confused as to why Jongin and Sehun were tagging along but didn't ask since she knew it might have to do with the dance battle. 

Jongin and Sehun then lead me to a scary looking alley behind Hondae, hmm... Yup, not creepy at all! We went to some sort of building's basement. When we got to the sketchy looking basement with lots of graffiti on the wall, Sehun started smirking for an odd reason. "Welcome to our hideout." He turned off the light which scared me for a second before Jongin the lights of the DJ system. All the graffiti began to glow and my mouth hung open, "Wow! This is amazing! Where'd you find this place!?" I asked, and they both shrugged. "We just found this place, we were playing in this area when we were younger and discovered this run down building." 

"We always go here when we have problems and dancing helps us clear our mind." Sehun sat down on the floor and began stretching. "That's why you're always welcome here." Jongin put his arm over my shoulder before running to the DJ system and to start playing music. "Okay, let's begin. Wae don't you freestyle, for now, let's see what we're working on." He put on some upbeat song and I just panicked! I can't dance for sh*t! I only stood there for a few seconds before showing my robot arm and Egyptian dance. When I was finally enjoying myself, Jongin turned the music down. "Oh boy..." Sehun spoke after laughing for a few second and Jongin continued his sentence. "This is going to be harder than getting Pikachu back in its pokeball." Sehun and Jongin continued to look at me like I was some psycho. Jongin turned the music back up, "Okay let's start with the basics." Sehun stood up from his spot and sternly looked at me. I gulped, am I really that bad? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After two days

"1... 2... 3... 

1... 2... 3...

1... 2.---" My knees weakened and I fall down the floor breathless. "Goddammit! Don't give in yet legs! I still need you!" I hit my legs to wake them up, hurting myself in the process. But no avail, my legs have reached their limits, I can't stop now. I still need to learn half of the choreo. I bit my lips as I keep hitting my legs hoping it'll work this time. My knees continue to throb as it endures more pain, "Come on! Work! Work, please! Please!!" I begin to yell as my hits become more aggressive. My body felt exhausted, all my energy's been drained. I have nothing left but my will. Tears began to fall down my face as I continue to force myself up, I can't stop. Not now... "Yah! Jihoo!" I heard a loud thud behind before I was engulfed in a warm hug. I continued to cry but my arm finally lost it's remaining strength preventing me from hitting my knees again. "Stop... Please stop hurting yourself. I'm sorry, it's all my fault. If only I---" A voice whimpered behind me letting me recognize who's embracing me. 

"It's not your fault, Seulgi... I dragged you into this mess and I can't get you out. I'm so useless, my body's not listening to me no matter how much I practice." I my lips as I try to hold my tears back, but to my dismay, they kept flowing. Seulgi's embrace became tighter, "You don't have to do this for me, we can always report them Jihoo..." Her voice shakes even more and it breaks my heart that I can't do anything. I place my hand on top of hers, "We can't risk it Seulgi! What if the moment that reports filled, you're already---" I stop myself before I begin to imagine a world without Seulgi...

"You'd protect me, right? You promise... So why should I worry if you're by my side?" She tried to reassure me but her shaking hands were giving her away. "But I'm afraid... I can't live with my self if you get hurt because of me..." I gently tightened my grip on her hands to calm her down, surprise my tears finally dried just from hearing her voice. "No matter what, the point is, Seulgi is right. Stop overworking your body, you need to rest." Jinyoung kneeled in front of me, Jongin and Sehun stood behind him. "I told you, he's still practicing. He won't stop until he gets the moves right. He's been practicing for 10 hours straight already." Jongin sighed, "I agree that he needs to rest r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter