Your Smile

Who Will? (Editing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihoo's POV

"Hah... Hah... Hah..." I breath heavily trying to catch my breath as I look at the mirror with an exhausted reflection of me. I need to keep going, I need to continue practicing. I want to get better! "Jihoo-nah! You're going to tire yourself again and pass out!" Jinyoung's voice cuts through my thoughts as he dumps the plastic bag full of snacks on the ground and the rest of my friends began to eat. "Gomawo Jinyoung-ah!" Jongin smiled like a little kid as he finds his favorite chips and began to devour it. "Come here and eat, you need to rest for at least a bit." Sehun pats a spot beside him to motion me to sit beside me. I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed, it's true. I haven't been resting well ever since the competition, I started to take interest in dancing but I'm not improving at all. It's like I'm back to the beginning, I can't get over the simple and basic steps.

I bit my lip and sighed before wiping my sweat off with my tank top, I then slump down beside Sehun as I grab my favorite snack as well. Hongbin just flashes his dimple smile towards me, "Don't give up Jihoo-nah, I'm sure your hard work will pay off soon." I smile and nod before ripping the snack's wrapper to open it. "Seulgi's gonna scold us again if you pass out so chill for a bit." Wonshik wrapped his right arm around my neck, he's also speaking the truth. Last time I passed out, I woke up to Seul-saengnim's lecture. Damn who knew bears can be so strict and scary. I nod quietly before taking in my first chip. "But who knew the perfect genius finally found a skill he's struggling with!" Hoseok teased and the rest of my friends glared at him. "Yah! Lee Hoseok you're not funny!" Jinyoung hit him being the mother of the group.

I chuckle as Hoseok whines gently while rubbing the pain away, "Anyways, you've been practicing for a month. Based on my opinion, I think you've been improving. You just need to believe you are and stop thinking too hard about it." Yoonhyung the angel of the group reassured me, I smiled wider. Times like this, I can't help but thank my father for sending me to Korea because if not, I wouldn't be blessed with this bunch of weirdos. Wonpil finally made it and saw Jongin hugging his favorite snack and attacked the poor dude. Wonpil was followed by Chansik and Sungcheol who quickly threw some affection my way as they attack me with hugs. "Yah! Stop spending your free time dancing! We miss you at the arcade!" Sungcheol whines. I just rolled my eyes, "You only want me there, so I could win you some tickets." They shook their heads and strongly denied it.  

"Ani! We just can't find any good competition without you." Chansik tried to convince me, I nod my head not wanting to argue with these idiots any longer. "Alright, alright, I'll visit soon." The two cheered in victory before starting to munch on the snacks like toddlers. I just shook my head in wonder how these two are older than me in real life.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At 10 PM

"Hah... Hah..." I continuously try to catch my breath as I wipe my sweat before putting on my hoodie to be set for the chilly night, I need to get home.  "Just in time." I looked up to see Seulgi standing by the door with her arms crossed as if she was ready to lecture me again, but I didn't mind. Just seeing her face was enough to bring a bright smile on my face. "Seulbear~ Did you come to pick me up? I told you it's too dangerous to walk alone." I ran up to her like a little kid finally getting to see his mother at the end of daycare, but she kept her stern face on. "If only you didn't stay out too late, I wouldn't be walking around this late." She complains as she flicks her fingernail on my forehead harshly. 

I pout as my bottom lip pop out, "Owie~ Appun-ah!" She just rolled her eyes as she was used to my childish behavior, she grabbed my arm and wrapped it. "Let's go home before Auntie Kim gets mad." She began to drag out my tired body, but I didn't complain. Just being able to hold her was enough to keep my mouth shut, the way her hand tightened around me as we walk passed through the crowded streets of Hongdae, and the way she shined brighter than any of the bright signs. Her smile could even be the sun's infamous rival for all we know. After a few distractions here and there, we made it to the park.

"Hey, can we rest for a bit. I think my legs will die on me soon if we don't stop." I halted my steps pulling her back to me, "And who's fault is that? I told you to take care of your body." I chuckle before reversing our roles, I dragged her to the all too familiar bench. It was the bench, where we first met. "But I can't. There is no rest in love. I love dancing way too much to stop." I sat her down before plopping right beside her. "I understand your point, I mean I love dancing as well but if you get injured. How will you be able to continue to do what you love? Look I just don't want to see you hurt again." She looked at me in the eyes and I can't help but feel hypnotize by those beautiful brown orbs. I loved how they were only looking at me and me only, and I would do anything to keep it this way.

I held her hand up to my heart before softly placing a kiss on the back of her hand, "And I'd hate to see you sad, I promise to take care of myself. I will be careful if it means that your smile will remain." I reassure her with a thin but sincere smile. She then held out her pinky, "Promise?" I chuckle and nod before connecting our pinkies together. "I promise, trust me. The only thing I want in this world is to keep your smile." She finally lets out a smile signaling me that she trusted me. I ruffled her hair before running away from her, "The last one washes the dishes!" She then yelled and tried to catch up on me. "Yah! That's not fair!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At School the next day

*Bam!*

My eyes burst open as I sit up straight, to see Sehun hand on my desk. "What do you want~" I whined, I don't like people disturbing my naps even if they are my friends. "Someone wants to speak to you, and it's lunchtime. We'll go ahead at the canteen aight?" He pointed at the door, I look up to see a petite looking girl shyly looking our way. I nod, "Alright, save me a spot." He nods before leaving with Jongin to the caf. I let out a slow yawn before taking my bag and walking towards the girl. I shot her a smile, "You called?" She nods before tugging the sleeves of my uniform, "Um... Is it alright if we talk somewhere else?" She asked and I looked around to see almost everyone in the hallway looking at us. I nod as I follow her behind the school.

She timidly plays with her fingers as if looking for w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter