Growing Feelings

Who Will? (Editing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihoo's POV

"Ah--Apa! Appayo~" I pout as the nurse damp the medicine on my wounds. She sighed, "Deal with it, why do you students always end up fighting each other?" I gave her a thin smile, "Jwesonghamnida." I apologized before looking at Jinri and Seulgi who were attentively watching me. After a couple more minutes, the nurse finally finished cleaning my wounds and patched them, she then moved on to Jisoo Hyung who didn't even utter any words of pain. Wow such a tough guy, he's so cool! After he was done as well, "Mian Hyung, I got you involved." He just ruffled my hair, "What brother would I be if I let our baby get hurt? Plus I've been wanting to teach those guys a lesson since I saw him." I chuckle, "Gomawo Hyung, let's go home?" He nods, we both stood up and went to Jinri and Seulgi.

"Does it still hurt? Are you guys okay now?" Jinri examined my face as she moved my chin around. I shook my head before flexing on my biceps, "Ani, it never hurt. Their punches were too weak." Jisoo Hyung just chuckled at my lie, before the other two joined him. "Let's go home?" Jisoo Hyung reminded us, we all nodded and went to our classrooms to pick up our bags. We then met up at the front gate, Seulgi was the first to be there. We soon headed out, halfway through Jinri bid goodbye to us since she lives on the other side. "I'll see you guys tomorrow, Jihoo you better straighten up!" She warned me, "Hey it's getting late. Do you want me to drop you off?" She shook her head, "I'm a strong independent woman remember!" It was her turn to show her biceps as she walks away while still face us.

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever umma, call me when you get home!" I waved goodbye before she turned around, "Maybe~" she then continued to walk home. Seulgi, Jisoo Hyung and I continued our way home as well. When we got to our house, Jisoo Hyung went inside first. I just dropped off Seulgi even when she tried to convince me she was fine, but I was too stubborn. She unlocked her door, "Is anyone else home? Is there any dinner prepared for you?"

She smiled and nodded, "I'll be fine---" I shook my head and walked closer to her so I could check behind her if her house was empty again. "Ani, you're not. I heard ever since I got back you stopped coming over to my place and I know your family's still never home. Have you been eating properly?" After confirming my intuitions, I looked straight into Seulgi's eyes. I haven't noticed it in a while since I've been trying to avoid her but she's grown thinner. She doesn't seem to have the same bright eyes she did before...

She was about to utter another lie when I placed my thumb on her cheeks and softly caress it, "You're losing your chubby cheeks... I know you've been missing Umma's cooking come on." I gave her a gentle smile before holding her hands softly. This time she smiled genuinely before wrapping her arms around me. "I missed you so much more though." She buried her face in my chest. "You have no idea how much I've missed you as well. I have so many things to tell you." I held her like she was a fragile child, "We have to catch up on many things, so please don't leave me again." I my lips, I wish I can Seulgi but my future is not up to me...

"Let's go? Auntie Kim must've finished cooking by now." I tried to change the topic as we break apart slowly, she just smiled and took my hand as we made our way to our home, her true home, my true home. As soon as I opened the door, the sweet scent of Umma Kim's cooking engulfed us. We took off our shoes and went to the kitchen, "We're home." Umma Kim and Appa Kim looked at us before a wide homey smile welcomed us. "Welcome home." Jisoo Hyung pulled the chair beside him as he gave us a sweet smile. I looked at Seulgi's face glow brightly and at that moment, my home was complete.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Next Day

"Haaaah~" I yawn as I look at my wristwatch, I didn't get enough sleep from last night because Appa and Umma took 3 hours of lecturing as soon as Seulgi went home. It was 7:30 am, I guess I'm too early, Has she even woken up? She usually eats breakfast at our place by now, I looked at the door. Has she become more of a sleepy head than before? JIsoo Hyung already went to school with his friends, but I wanted to walk with Seulgi like before. Then I heard the door open in an eye blink, I lean away from the fences and watch Seulgi rushing to put on her shoes. I chuckle even more when I notice the bread hanging from .

She finally looked up at me, "Ji--Jihoo!? What are you doing here?" I smiled, "I thought we could walk to school together. Plus I know you haven't eaten breakfast yet." I held out a lunch kit, and there came her childish grin after she ate her bread. "But from now on, go have breakfast at our house again okay? They missed you just as much as I missed you, our home never felt complete without you." I fixed her messy hair, "Thank you... Thank you for coming back." I smiled back, "Let's go to school, you don't want to be late for once do you?" She rolled her eyes before locking arms with me. It wasn't a long walk to school but we had to run because we were too busy admiring the peaceful atmosphere that we completely forgot to rush to school, as soon as we made it by the school gate. "Oh! Seulgi-ah! You're early today!" Mr. Lim, the guard yelled in surprise.

Seulgi just giggled before smile back at me breathlessly as we finally try to catch our breath, "Alright... Umm, I'll see you at lunch if possible?" She asked as she took her lunch kit and bid goodbye as she walks in the opposite direction. I shook my head before running after her, "You didn't think, I wasn't going to walk you to class were you?" I took back the lunch kit, a smile showed up on her face before it was completely replaced by a nose scrunch that it was almost impossible to see but luckily for me, I was able to witness it. "Whatever."

We walked to class, still fooling around before she opened her classroom. Luckily the teacher wasn't there, but the problem was... Everyone was looking at us. So Seulgi quickly grabbed her lunch kit. "Alright, see you later." I smiled, "See you at lunch." She walked to her seat, I looked around the classroom to see Jongin, Sehun, Naeun and the others. I waved before closing the classroom door behind me and running to mine. Unfortunately for me, I was late. Mr. Park, my homeroom teacher gave me a teasing smile, "My, my, Jihoo-shi. This is the first time you've been late to class only to sleep on your desk." I shot him an apologetic smile and bow, "Jwesonghamnida. Time flew by too fast, I almost forgot about class." He just sighed before pointing at my seat. "Just go to sleep."

I gave him a thankful smile, "Gomawo sem~" I went to my desk only to see Jinri giving me the suspicious eyes. "Why are you late? You're never late." I smiled, "Hmm... Time for a change ahaha. Appa and Umma kept me up last night from their lectures." I sat down and laid my head down, "Now if you don't mind, I'd like to catch up on my sleep." She just chuckled before flicking my forehead. "Next time, don't get into a fight." I rolled my eyes. "Whatever Jinri Umma." I rub my forehead before moving to dreamland.

 

 

 

At Lunch

I was sleeping soundly when I felt a painful pinch on my cheeks, I immediately open my eyes. "Ah! Appahyo!" I slap the hand off my face as I rub it to ease the pain. "Time for lunch, Jibo (Jihoo Pabo)" I pout as I see Jinri stuck her tongue at me before laughing, "You're not funny Jinbo (Jinri Pabo)." She rolled her eyes before standing up and running to Jiyoung and Hyeri. "Jiyoung-ah, let's go before they run out of bread~" She whined, I just shook my head as I sit up before Jaebum, Sungwoon, 2Seok (Yang and Jung), Hyungwon, Hyojin, Junhee, and Jaehyun approached me. "Jihoo-yah, hurry before they run out of bread!" Sungwoon pulled me off my chair. "Fine~" I grabbed my lunch box before we ran to the cafeteria. 

As soon as we got there, there was already a huge line for the food, they all sighed before lining up. As for me, I went to our usual table to save our spots along with Hyungwon, 2Seok. But right before I was about to sit down, on the corner of my eyes I see Seulgi walking in with the rest of the hyungs. Kaeun, Mijoo, and Minji sat in front of me. My daily routine was asking Kaeun what's her lunch because she always has the best-packed lunch. She's our second mother after all but can cook, unlike Jinri.

I would've asked Kaeun today too, but a bright smile makes it's way up on my face when I came in contact with Seulgi's precious brown orbs. She smiled back, I turn to my friends who seemed to have been trying to get my attention the whole time but I didn't notice. "Sorry I'll be right back." I ran to Seulgi. "Oh! Jihoo-yah! What are you doing here?" Jinyoung pointed at me before pulling me into a headlock and giving me a nuggie. "Yah! Hajima~" I whined as I pull myself out. 

He just chuckled and let go, "So what's up? Your friends are waiting for you." Sungcheol asked after they gave me welcome hugs. "Well, I had to answer someone's question." I turn to Seulgi, "I'm here." She rolled her eyes before a smile formed on her face. "Don't you have to go back to your friends though?" Wonshik looked behind me, "Maybe later, for now, I have to catch up with someone." I gently grabbed Seulgi's wrist. "Our usual?" I asked before she nods.

"We'll be back," I said to them. I looked back at my friends to see Jinri going to our table. Our eyes met, and I waved and mouthed. "I'll be back". She nods before she sat down with our friends. I turn back to Seulgi with a smile. Finally... I can spend time with her just like old times. We made our way to the garden, but not where people usually go. There's a hidden greenhouse here, we discovered before.  Not many know about it nor, go there so it's always empty. Luckily it was empty today too, we went in and I took in the fresh air. This view will always be breathtaking. 

We went to the center where there was an exterior table made for the royals, I swear if I wasn't attending this school I'd be jealous of the students because they have things like these... But it's barely appreciated. I pulled the chair for Seulgi, who smiled before thanking me as she takes her seat. I took a seat across from her and set down my lunch. "I haven't been here since you left..." She looked around the garden in amazement.

There was sadness in her voice and I could sense it even from a mile away, I smiled. "But I'm back now... I missed so many things, perhaps some of the most important moments of your life that's why I promise to be here to create better ones. I'll be here right beside you from now on and forever." Her soft smile replaced the Lil' frown on her face. "You promised, please don't break it this time." I chuckle and pinch her nose, "I would never want to make you sad ever again. Just like before, your happiness still is and will always be my happiness."

I opened my lunch and thanked the world for letting me live another day to taste Umma's cooking. I picked up my chopsticks and began eating, I looked up to see Seulgi doing the same thing before digging in. We continued to eat while having little small talks throughout lunch. After finishing our food, we cleaned up and stood up to leave. "You ready?" I asked as I look at Seulgi only to burst out laughing. She's truly a kid, I picked up the rice on her cheeks right beside her lips and ate it, "You clumsy bear. Let's go." I then grabbed her hand seeing as she was done gathering her stuff before I noticed the rice.

I gently dragged her with me to go back to the cafeteria, once we got in front of the cafeteria door I stopped and turn to Seulgi. "Naeun must be wondering where you are, you should head back to them while I gotta apologize for ditching my friends." I let go of her hand but I was pulled back by a tug on my shirt. I turn back to look at Seulgi, "Wait, let me ask you one thing... Have I been replaced yet? Did you meet someone more special than me?" I furrowed my brows, was she talking about Jennie? I haven't told her about her though. 

I pinched her cheeks, "Yes, I found someone special. She was there when I was at my most vulnerable moment. But nobody could ever replace you Seuls, you'll always be my one and only bear. You'll always have a very special place in my heart like how I'll always be in yours. I'll always be your Jihoo forever, no one can ever take me away from you. " I smiled widely and so did she, I then opened the cafeteria door and walked to my friends as she walked to her table. My friends all whined at me, "Where were you?" Jaehyun asked full of curiosity.

I smiled, "I went to catch up with a friend." The boys gave me a teasing smile, "Are you sure she's just a friend~" Hyojin smirked. "Yeah, what else should she be?" I asked confused. "I don't how about a girlfriend? Come on you don't have to hide it" Hoseok (Yang) added. "Huh? Yeah, Seulgi's a girl that's a friend. I don't need to hide that fact. You guys already know she's my best friend." The guys continued to give me a teasing smile, "You sure? You don't want anything more? Don't you like her?" Jaebum joined in with the teasing.

I looked at the girls, mostly Jinri for help but I noticed she looked a bit sad. I wonder why? I'll ask her later, but right now I have to get rid of these bunch. I looked at the most reliable person in the group, "Kaeun-ah they're bullying me~" I pouted as I give her my puppy eyes. She sighed before standing up, "Stop teasing the baby, he can't even take care of himself." She pinched my cheeks as she laughs with her half-moon eyelids. I pout even more, "Kaeun-ah you're no help at times like this." The guys and so did the girls laugh at us. 

"That's okay at least Seulgi can take care of him too." Hyungwon ruffled my hair, I just rolled my eyes. Wow, I have the greatest friends. I sat down beside Mijoo who just pat my shoulder, "If she can't tolerate you, we can always take care of you too." My mouth hung open, "Even you Mijoo-yah!?" She just stuck her tongue at me. I sighed I really don't have anyone with me huh.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At 5th Period 

"Jibo wake up, it's a free period. Mrs. Lee told us to study for the quiz tomorrow." I open my eyes halfway, it's going back down. Ugh, I'm so sleepy. I just open my dominant eye, "What unit?" She sighed and shook her head as if disapproving of me again, "Algebra." I purse my lips, that should be easy. I better get some more shut-eye--- I then notice a frustrated duo. I chuckle before standing up, "Do you guys need help?" I asked in between Mijoo and Minji, both of them nodded their heads. I looked around the classroom to find everyone fooling around instead of studying especially Jaebum and the guys. 

"Let's go to the library, it's way too loud here. I'll help you guys seeing as you're actually using your time wisely unlike some people I know." I eyed Jinri and the reset of them. Mijoo and Minji gathered their stuff before following me to the library. We sat at an unoccupied table and set out our books. "Alright what don't you guys get?" Minji bit her lip as she looked down on the question she's been stuck on. "I'm having a hard time remembering the order so I always end up redoing my answers because I'm not sure." Minjoo nodded, "I just always get a different answer from everyone." Mijoo pouted. 

I shake my head, this was like the time I was teaching that bear.  "Alright so I'll explain the order first, I remember it easier by their initials. BEDMAS, B stands for brackets, E for exponents, D for division, M stands for multiplication, A for addition and lastly S for subtraction." I wrote it down on the paper as I explain. I looked at the two, "That makes it so much easier, thanks Jihoo. I'll try to remember that rule." Minji smiled ear to ear as she excitedly tried to solve the questions again.

As for Mijoo, she's still as confused as a baby. I examined her paper to see her errors. "Ah, I see what you did. You're forgetting to do the exponents first. Look here, you should apply the exponent here first before multiplying them." I grabbed her hand so I can write down the proper way to solve it. I looked at her, "Do you get it now?" I asked, and she nods her head. I smiled, "Try solving the other questions this way too." She pulled away from my hand to answer her questions. I then looked at Minji who seemed to have figured it out. She noticed me looking at her and she smiled cheekily.

I smiled back and ruffled her hair, "See now you get it!" She quietly let out a soft giggle before continuing her work. I looked at Mijoo to find her struggling some more, well only because her calculator wasn't working. "What's wrong?" I asked, just sighed. "My calculator's out of battery." I placed my hand under my chin as I rest my elbow on the table. "Alright what numbers do you need? I'll be your human calculator." She scoffed, "No way, you'll just make me miscalculate more." I then stare into her eyes, "Try me. I'd never lie to you Mijoo-yah." 

She sighed, "what's 6 to the power of 3?" I smirk, "216, you can even ask Minji if I'm right." I said confidently as I continue to watch Mijoo. Minji checked the answer, "He got it right..." Mijoo and Minji's mouth hung open, I politely closed it for them. "A fly might come in." Mijoo still seemed unsure but finally agreed. "Fine, I trust you." I smile widely, "Smart move." She then continued to shot me with more questions and I just confidently answer within seconds without getting any of them wrong while watching her finish. The bell then rang which signals us it was time for the gym. 

"Well if you guys are ever confused again, I'm always here." I waved before running out of the library as I excitedly get to my locker and changed to my gym clothes. I hurriedly ran to the gym after I finished dressing up. Junhee and the guys were already playing basketball before we start, I quickly joined them for a short game until we heard a loud piercing whistle. We all looked at the center of the room to see our coach, "Class A will be joining us today since the field is currently in use for track and field." I smiled widely, I get to see Seulgi!

Class A came in, everyone was greeting their friends but my eyes were only searching for one person. Once I finally found the bear, I waved so she'll notice me. Luckily she did, she even waved back and so did Naeun and Jongin who stood beside her. "Alright, today we're playing volleyball so set up the nets for a half-court. One side for the competitive, and one for the less competitive. The rest of you can go to the work out room." Everyone scattered around to help with the nets until there were two standing up.

I obviously went to the competitive side along with my good buddies. It was our class against class A, I could see Jongin and Sehun's smirk even from the far end of the gym. Looks like this is gonna be a fun game, let's see who'll win for old time's sake. I looked around for Seulgi, only to find her on the less competitive side, but luckily our sides were beside each other so I could watch her closer not that I was constantly looking for her, psh! Psh! I was only checking which side she'll play at.

After everyone got into their positions, the ball was up. "I got it!" Hyojin yelled and hit it, Sehun then set it up while Jongin runs to spike it, but I ain't letting that happen. I quickly jumped up with both my arms standing firmly in the air. The ball fell down, I smiled widely seeing the defeated look on their faces. All my teammates ran up to me, "Nice one." we all high fived each other.

It was our turn to serve, but they returned the ball. Luckily it was high enough for Hoseok (Yang) to set so he looked at me, I nod before running to his other side and jumped high as if I was flying before spiking it hard. None of class A expected me to hit it from this side. My teammates ran to me again, Sungwoon ruffled my hair. "Nice!" They all high fived me again. I looked at the other team only to find them with serious expressions... From then on, the game became intense and we had really good rallies.

When it was my turn to serve, I was now at the far end of the court so I quickly took a glance at Seulgi. She had a smile on her face as she managed to return the ball, she still continues to look flawless even with drops of sweat on her forehead. Looks like that side has become competitive as well seeing as she's so focused. I chuckle before jumping up for a smash serve, Jongin managed to put it up though, so his classmate hit it to our side. It was going perfectly where I was so I got ready to return it, but then I heard. "Watch out!" from the other court. 

I looked to the other side to Seulgi diving to save the ball, but she didn't notice she's going to hit the bleachers if she keeps moving. Before I knew it, my body moved on it's own and quickly ran as fast as I could to get to her, my heart beating rapidly out of my chest. Seulgi's going to get hurt!! I can't let that happen!! I have to get there faster!! My heart felt so heavy and my breath hitched. I can't let this happen-- My still injured body is about to fail me, I have no choice but to dive in the same direction Seulgi's about to hit when... BANNGGG!!!


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My back hit the metal bleachers... Hard. I looked at the person in my arms, "Seul!? Seulgi!? Are you okay!? Gwenchana!?" I sat up to check if she was injured, but luckily I didn't see any redness on her body. "I--I'm okay. Are you okay!?" She asked in a panic.  "Aghh..." I groaned as the sharp pain on my back finally hit me. Seugli then worriedly held my arms gently. "Jihoo, I'm sorry I should've been lookin---" Jongin ran up to us breathlessly, "Seulgi are you okay?" He looked like he ran here right away as soon as he saw what happened.

She nods, "But Jihoo's not okay." I shook my head as everyone started gathering around us. "I'm fine..." I tried to stand up but m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter