Return

Who Will? (Editing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihoo's POV

An intensely awkward silence surrounded me, but it wasn't anything new especially if I'm with my father. I looked outside the window as we pass by other cars, I was afraid of ruining the silence he loves so much. "Nathan." My eyes widened, who knew he'd be the one to break it. I looked in front of me to see him watching me with eyes filled disappointment and disapproval. I straightened my posture, preparing for his lecture, but I felt a hard grip on my shoulder.  "Yo---Your mother, is she really gone?" His voice trembled and I was finally able to see my father who has never shown emotions broke down in front of me.

I my lips as tears threaten to fall again, "Ye-Yes. Mother's gone..." I managed to croak out, his lips tremble before he loosens his grip on my shoulder. Then, there it was... A single tear escaped from his eyes. He's crying... I've never seen him cry. "This is all your fault! Why did you let her go here!? You murdered your mother! You should've stayed at Korea like you were supposed to!" I felt a hard slap on my cheeks, I clenched my teeth. Come on this is what I prepared for, why am I still surprise? Why is it still painful?

I glared at my father as I breathe heavily to calm myself down, he didn't care though. He just fixed his suit and his posture. "You will be going back to Korea right away, you are never to set foot back home until you are ready. You are going to take over the company when you get older, so don't make me disappointed than you already have. Don't waste your Mother's sacrifice." I the inside of my mouth, "If you really cared about Mother... You should have gone to her funeral! You have no right----" I felt another sharp tingling sensation on my cheeks.

"Blood-related or not, I'm still your father! Learn to respect me! You are nothing but my adopted son, I have all the rights to decide on how your life will be. If only she was alive... You should've died instead of her. " With every word that he spat out, my heart broke into millions of millions of pieces. He then wiped his hand with his handkerchief as if he just touched the most disgusting thing alive. "Jun! Stop the car, I don't want to share the car with a murderer. Schedule someone to pick me up right now!" We felt the car halt at a nearby stop. My Father calmly walks out of the car and spoke to the driver. 

"Bring him to the airport, make sure he goes straight back to Korea. I never want to see his face again." He sternly spoke to his driver who had already called their back up service for my father. He quickly drove away, and I just kept still as I prevent another waterfall. He doesn't deserve my tears... Mother what will I do now? It felt so long till we made it to the airport as I spent the whole ride being consumed in anger, hatred, and sadness.

Once the car stopped, the door beside me open. Mr. Jun gave me a small smile before he pats my back, "Are you okay Master Nathan?" I nod trying to hide my embarrassment. "Your father didn't mean anything, he's been having as much of a hard time as you are, I guess pain and anger consumed him more than sadness." He wrapped his arms around me, "Don't take his words to your heart, one day he'll be able to fight off all that hatred inside him... I know you'll make him proud one day. I believe in you Nathan, so does Mr. and Mrs. Kim." He rubbed his hand on my back as a sign of comfort.

I bit my lip, "Thank you, Mr. Jun... Please take care of my father and my sisters for me." He leans away from the hug and nods. He then grabbed my bag, and let one of the attendants assist me to the plane, after all, he had to go back to the State along with my father, he was father's assistant after all. I just followed the attendant who carried my bag and thanked him once we made it inside the plane. I just put on my headphones and sleeping mask as I let the darkness take me in.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Next Day At Korea

Once the plane landed, I took my bag from the attendant, "I can take it from here, don't worry. I won't tell them." He shook his head, "Ani, I need to keep assisting you---" I gave him a tiny smile. "Please... I---" Then I heard a couple yelling my name Korean name, "Jihoo! Jihoo-yah!" I turned around only to meet Auntie Kim's arms and Uncle Kim's. The attendant then took one last glance at me who wrapped my arms around the couple before he took off. "Umma... Appa..."  I couldn't help but finally let out the tears I was holding back, I was finally back in Korea.

They both smiled softly at me when we pulled apart, Umma Kim planted a gentle kiss on my forehead with both her hands cupping my cheeks. "We missed you so much adeul~" Appa Kim ruffled my hair. "I missed you guys more..." I cheekily smiled at them... They both just squish my cheeks, before uncle grabbed my luggage and we went home. The only home, I felt truly welcome.

When I got home, everything was the way I left it as, the soothing flower fragrance around the room that comes from all the flower that has grown when we first planted them. The homey decor of the living room, I smiled as I walk to my room. The last place, I saw Seulgi... The door was closed, I took in a deep breath, she wouldn't be waiting here... I'm sure that was the only thing that changed. She must hate me... I grabbed the doorknob and turned it around and pushed it open slowly.

I met a dark room, it was still the same just like before... the only difference was that Seulgi wasn't laying on my bed waiting for me. My best friend's gone. I put my luggage down, as I sat down on my desk that was filled with pictures of my friends and I, but mostly with Seulgi, I traced all of the pictures filled with so many memories that I cherish so much when I felt a teardrop... What if I didn't go? I would've been happy with Seulgi and them, but I wouldn't have met Jennie... What if it is my fault like father said...? I really murdered my mother...

I felt an arm wrapped around me, "Jihoo-yah, whatever your thinking. Please know it's not your fault, as sad as it seems, we can't argue with fate. Your mother wouldn't want to see you blaming yourself, would she? You know how much she loves you, she doesn't want you to spent your entire life in despair. She just wants the best for you, and that is to be happy." Umma Kim comforting words only made me cry, Auntie Kim said similar things but I still can't help it. I can not stop thinking like this until I speak with my own mother but that's impossible ain't it? I cried inside Umma's arms the whole night as she rubs my back to calm me down until I fell asleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In the Morning

I groan as I stretch my arms, I sat up from my bed as my eyes start to adjust to the sunlight shining through the thin white curtain by my window, I looked around the room. "Ah... Right. I'm back home." I smiled, before standing up and making my way out of the room and head to the kitchen only to meet Umma's cooking. "Good morning adeul~" She turned around to greet me with a wide smile, while Appa was reading the newspaper who stopped midway through a reading a sentence to greet me as well, I smiled. They haven't changed one bit.

I sat down across Appa, "Morning, do you need help Umma?" I asked, she then quickly finishes and places the food on the table, Appa and I both stand up to help her set the table. "Gomawo, I missed my 2 sons." She pinched my cheeks before we sat down to eat. We were in the middle of eating when the doorbell rang. I got up and went to open the door. There was a 10 years old kid standing in front of me, "Nuguseyo?" I asked politely. He smiled and bowed, "Kim Jisoo imnida, Is Kim Joyoung-shi home?" He asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows but nonetheless, I replied. "Nae, hold up." I then turned to the kitchen, "Appa! Someone's looking for you!" I looked back at the boy who just continued to look at me with eyes filled with confusion and anxiety. "Who is it--- Jisoo-yah?" Appa's eyes widened as if this boy was the lasting he'd expect to see at his front door. "Yeobo! Jisoo-yah's here!" Appa then grabbed the little boy and wrapped his arms around him. Umma ran to the door and into their arms as well, "Adeul~" She mumbled in a soft voice that's about to break down. That's when it all clicked, he was their real son... Unlike me who's just a bother.

I watch their warm reunion with envy and jealousy. This feeling again... After a few seconds they finally pulled out, "Jisoo-yah, why are you here? Where's your halmonie?" Umma cups his cheeks, "Halmonie doesn't want to take care of me anymore, she sent me here to Seoul." He showed his backpack that was clearly full. "You're always welcome here adeul, sorry we're still trying to adjust here so we couldn't get you yet." Appa put his hand oh Jisoo's shoulder.

"As long as we'll be together from now on, I don't care about anything else." He wrapped his arms around his parents again, I smiled. They've been taking care of me so much that they've neglected their son, I'm glad Jisoo-shi understands though. They then turned to me, "This is Nathan. He's our employers' son, we're taking care of him, but it doesn't feel like a job at all. He's become our son as much as you are Jisoo-yah." Umma put her arm on my shoulder, I bowed. "Annyeongseyo. Bangkapsumnida." I held my hand to shake, he just smiled before shaking my hand.

I smiled back, "Okay from now on, you two will be sharing a room. Jihoo-yah, bring your Hyung to your room." I nod and we went to my room. He looked hesitant to sit down, I chuckled. "Don't be shy Hyung, whatever's in this room is also yours from now on." He smiled widely, "Kamsamnida---I mean gomawo namdongsaeng." He slowly put his bag down, "Um... I'm sorry though, for stealing your parents." I scratch my head.

He shook his head, "I know your family isn't the best family either don't worry. I understand that you needed them more, You're only 5 years old after all. Plus I gained a little brother right?" He smiled at before looking around the room as if he was thinking of what to say. He looked back at me with a smile before ruffling my hair.

"Gomawo... Jisoo Hyung." He then looked around my room, "Don't you have to go to school?" I shook my head, "I don't know if they've arranged it for me yet, but let's go eat?" I opened my door and we went back to the kitchen to find Appa and Umma on a phone call. We both sat down, there was already a plate ready for Jisoo Hyung. I think Appa's talking to the school administration while Umma's talking to her mother.

"Jihoo-yah, Jisoo-yah after you eat, go prepare for school. Jisoo-yah you'll be going to the same school as Jihoo from now on okay?" Jisoo Hyung and I smiled at each other before nodding. "Nae~" How great, If I come back I won't be alone but... Will my friends accept me back? I did write them letters before I went left, maybe they'll be upset enough to ignore me... Maybe, I'm not even worth their forgiveness.

After eating, I went back to my room to get ready. Jisoo Hyung talked with Appa & Umma as soon as he was done since he didn't have a uniform yet. They'll have to order one for him because mine don't fit him. I opened my closet to find my uniform... My finger traced the fabric, It's been a while. I smile before putting it on and getting ready for school.

I looked at myself in the mirror, now that I take a good look at it, this uniform is really charming especially with the bright color that could be spotted even from a mile away. I've never really appreciated little things like this until I miss it huh? I dust off any dirt off my uniform before grabbing my bag and bidding goodbye to Umma. 

Appa dropped Jisoo Hyung and me to school, as soon as we stepped out of the car, students immediately looked at us, it seemed like some of them recognized me and greeted me. I greeted them back before heading to the administration office. Jisoo Hyung and I entered the administration office, the principle quickly greeted us. "Jihoo-shi welcome back, you must be Jisoo-shi, Jihoo's brother." We both bowed to show our respect.

Her secretary then hands us our schedule, "Jisoo-shi since you don't have a proper uniform yet. We just need to get your measurements so you can start your day today, just follow Mrs. Jung to the dresser. As for you, Jihoo-shi since you know your way around the school already. You may proceed to your first class." I nod, "Nae." I turn to Jisoo Hyung who gave me a smile, "Don't worry about me. Go have fun.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter