Change and Rebuilding

Mid-Seasons

A/N: Okay so if you check the Foreword you'll see a minor change which is actually something big because it changes the story for the better I think. 

Hyukjae~

Lee Donghae laughed at something the other male had whispered to him both enjoying and sharing a single Frapuccino, two different straws. 

He noted he never did that with him.

They stared at each other and suddenly kissed hungrily. In public! They'd usually get a room for that because Donghae was too embarrassed to go further than a peck- once again in public! 

It was like a gif running through his mind over and over again. 

What a shameless guy he was even wearing his favorite white scarf! He sighed once again and closed his physics book. 

"Hyukjae," He turned to look at his best friend who was giving him a stern look. "Honestly stop brooding over the . And stop thinking about that moment too or else I'll kick your skull until you forget it all." 

"That's why you're the best of friends Sungmin." He sarcastically remarked. 

"I know you might want me to say "I'm sorry Hyukjae you can do better that arse didn't deserve you" And honestly I do think that but I also think life goes on! There's a lot of fish-" He flinched as if the mere mention of that jerk affected him and quickly went on. "Err I mean there's a lot of.." 

"Fish in the sea" Hyukjae finished off for him. He would be lying if he said it didn't affect him- the mention or memories of him but he need to move on and he can't keep wincing at the mention of him right? 

"Yes so I'll start setting you up." Hyukjae almost chocked on his strawberry milkshake. "Sungmin" He groaned but he shook his head at him.

"Don't Sungmin me! You think that jerk is sulking over your break up? No he's fudging parading around with that stupid horse!" He yelled choosing his words carefully since there where little kids a few tables away. Honestly sometimes it feels as if he was the one cheated on but he had to laugh at the nickname his best friend gave that other jerk. 

"And you'll show that bitc- (insert glaring mother daring him to go on here) bee that you too moved on! I'm not saying you'll use someone to get over him because that's just wrong. What I'm saying is there are other ways you'll forget him. Party this Saturday to get started!" Hyukjae smiled at his best friend. This is why he's his number one. 

"We'll go around flirting but no more than that unless you want to that is. Then we'll go on group dates! How long has it been since we've seen a movie? So we can go to the amusement park! OMO I read your notebook the other day- because you stubbornly keep on saying it's not a diary, and bungee jumping? Really? I think we can do that!" He exclaimed clasping his hands happily together and Hyukjae glared at him when he mentioned his dia- notebook! Yeah that. "Then we can go camping and oh! You'll be my date for this upcoming dance no buts! Also-"

"Minnie breathe," He chuckled. "What about your girlfriend?" He asked but he just shrugged "I broke up with her" the other did not see that coming. Not too soon anyways. 

"Whyyyy?" He whined "You two looked super cute together!" He finished off his cookie before speaking "Well she was getting annoying. All whiny and shi- (insert another glare) shiz. I think I'll go back to guys. Seriously I can't stand girls. Now I know."

Hyukjae smirked at him "That's because you're one Minnie. You need a manly man!" He glared at him but then smiled knowing Hyukjae was right. 

"You know me monkey." They laughed before standing up closing their books and packing up their stuff. "So party this Saturday at your house right?" Hyukjae asked as they made their way out of the cafe. 

"Damn right!" He said sliding his arm around Hyukjae's. "For now we're each other's dates until we find the one!" He beamed and Hyukjae laughed as he opened the door for both. This is why he loves this smol guy. He always knows what to say. 

-----

Later that day he grabbed some stuff from his room and headed to Sungmin's dorm. Thankfully his roommate was there. 

"Hiya Hyukjae!" He smiled at him as he sat on Sungmin's bed and took out his books and notebooks to start on his homework.

"Hi JaeJae" he said using the nickname he and Sungmin had given him. He laughed and they continued to work on his homework at his desk. Hyukjae sighed and plopped down on Sungmin's bed comfortably then pulled the books on his lap with the notebook on top. He highlighted some lines on the thick book and jotted down some notes. They both worked quietly and Hyukjae reached for his laptop but froze at Jaejoong's words. 

"Hey do you know what's up with Junsu? Ever since you stopped talking to him he's been all sulky. The only one who can lift his mood is Yoochun." Hyukjae slowly looked up to meet his curious gaze. 

"I... Uh it's complicated you see-" he started but the older smiled and interrupted him "You can still make up with him. You know he treasures you as the brother he never had but wanted. Not even I get that special treatment." He chuckled "Whatever it was wasn't worth loosing him over. I hope you know that." He said and somehow Hyukjae knew he knew what had happened. 

"Do you have any idea where he might be?" He asked setting aside his books from his lap before he stood up.  

"Hmm at this time he might be stuffing himself with Henry at the cafe you frequently visit or at the library studying with Yoochun and Ryeowook. But then again you never know with him everywhere all the time." Hyukjae chuckled at that. True enough Junsu was like Henry both resembled little kids who can't settle at a place for so long.

"I'll be back soon!" He said and opened the door but as soon as he did Sungmin and Hyukjae bumped foreheads. "Yah! Sungmin you should take care of the remaining smarticles you have up there!" He said and Sungmin laughed hitting his arm playfully- but still a bit hard. Was he made of steel? Hyukjae grinned and kicked his pushing him inside the room before closing the door and making his way out on his journey to find Junsu. 

-----

Sungmin~ 

He laughed as he rubbed his then walked over to his desk turning on his laptop. Sungmin fixed his messy desk then turned to look at his roommate who was working on his homework. 

"Why'd you lie to him?" The bunny asked him and watched as he turned around in his swivel chair to look at him.

"About?" Jaejoong asked feigning confusion. Of course Sungmin knows! Two years rooming with this other diva (first being coughsHeechul) has taught me better. 

He rolled his yes and scoffed "You know what I'm talking about. Junsu sulking really?"

The older laughed and shrugged his shoulders. "Well in my defense when Hyukjae is mentioned he does sulk! Besides don't you think it's time both got back together? That's right the partners in crime are back babyyyyy!" Sungmin watched as he spun around in his chair in victory. 

Why didn't hebrealize it before?! All those times Jaejoong would remind Junsu about their "crimes" had all a hidden meaning. He just wanted him to never forget the monkey and keep sulking over him! All for his dirty purposes. Sungmin has no doubt now that both will be back as before and Jaejoong will have them do his dirty work again. He shivered at the thought. 

"I don't know who's more manipulative you or Heechul honestly." Though really he was happy those two would be back to being friends again. With that the three musketeers are also back (Yes that includes Sungmin).

Jaejoong shrugged and Sungmin threw a pink pillow at him. He laughed and threw it back at him. Sungmin pouted but then called him again. 

"Hey Jae I wanted to talk to you about something." He raised an eyebrow at him "What about?" Sungmin turned serious at this. 

"Dorm 204. Hyukjae and that fish's." 

-----

Hyukjae~

Knowing they had a test soon concerning Junsu's least favorite subject, Hyukjae deduced he'd be at the library. He made his way there and spotted him right away thanks to the librarian who silenced his never ending mouth. He sat in front of him and watched as his eyes widened. Next to him Yoochun stiffened and glared at Hyukjae. He knew he was overprotective but damn it's not like he'll hurt him. Well more than he did that is. 

Hyukjae hung his head guiltily at the thought and grabbed his hands then looked him in the eye. "Junsu I'm so sorry" he started and he smiled brightly at him. He realized he really did miss this guy and he regretted kicking him out of his life.

"Hyukkie," He squeezed his hands "Don't apologize. I understand why you did that." He really is so kind. He gave him his gummy smile but it faltered as he felt a gaze trying to kill him (not literally but you know what I mean). He looked to the sides, upwards then turned around and sure enough, his ex and his new toy where there. The horse was looking through the shelves for a book while the fish glared intensely at him as if he had done something wrong and he expected him to apologize like he used to. Hyukjae felt the pain in his chest come back whenever he'd see them together. 

He snapped back when he felt Junsu's hands slipping away but he quickly grabbed them again and this time he squeezed them and turned to him. "Junsu I'm so sorry for being an to you I honestly didn't mean what I told you that day. If I could go back in time I would've never let you go. Will you forgive me and take me back as your best friend?" He grinned happily and stood up pulling him along and into a tight hug. 

"Yes Hyukkie! I forgive you!" He beamed and after a while they were reminiscing about old times and laughing out loud. And that's how they got kicked out of the library. It was funny actually; Yoochun seemed to be putting up a fierce glaring contest against the librarian while Ryeowook shook frantically flailing his arms upwards helplessly as he was giving a speech to the rest of the students there about why he, the student president, was getting kicked out but honestly he was causing even more ruckus and he was annoying everyone and they all looked ready to kick him out themselves. And Junsu and Hyukjae? They were already planning their comeback with their very first victim being the librarian herself. -Insert their evil laughter here-.

They walked outside, Junsu dragging a still glaring Yoochun while he dragged a still flailing Ryeowook who kept blabbing about who knows what. "Hyukjae, I heard about uh you know. I'm sorry to hear that. Permission to prank him cruelly?" Hyukjae laughed lightly then shook his head. "It's alright Jun. No permission I don't feel like dealing with him anymore." Sadly he still had to whether he liked it (which he didn't) or not. Aish why must he room with him?

-----

After he finished with his homework over at Sungmin's, Hyukjae went to his dorm where he barely even stayed only to sleep that is. Thankfully the fish doesn't sleep here. He opened the door and walked to his closet to grab his jacket when he heard the door open then close. Hyukjae stiffened and quickly put it on. He made his way to the door and was about to open it when he heard him speak. 

"See I told you you and Junsu had a thing for each other" What the hell? Is he really starting this again? They're over damnit! 

"Yeah it's called friendship." He said coldly but who is he kidding he can't be cruel even if he wanted to. 

"Bull. You probably cheated on me first with him and who knows how many more." That hurt. He felt pain in his chest at his bitter words. Did he really think that about him all the time? 

"I'm not a cheater unlike you! Stop it Donghae! Quit trying to blame me when you were the one who destroyed our stupid relationship!" Hr had enough and he yelled frustratedly. 

Donghae rolled his eyes and scoffed "It was you though. I simply looked in Siwon what you couldn't give me."

'No Donghae I gave you everything. It just wasn't enough for you.' He felt his tears roll down. God why couldn't he control them? Why can't he control himself!' Hyukjae's thoughts were a mess. 

He wiped his tears away with his sleeve and bit his lower lip to stop the rest from spilling. He looked at him and he turned back to face the door knowing how pathetic he looked. 

"You're such a crybaby! Quit crying over every single damn thing. This is what I hate about you. I can't stand when you're like this." He didn't want to hear anymore. Hyukjae grabbed his cellphone and slid it in his jean's back pocket then opened the door but he slammed it shut with his hand. 

"Let me go damnit!" He yelled but Donghae just smirked. "Hyukjae," he felt shivers down his spine "There isn't a soul out there that's been with me and has forgotten me. You'll come back begging for me just like them." Hyukjae gasped a bit when he leaned close to him. "You'll miss my words, my touch, my lips" He leaned down and muttered the last words against his neck. No this can't be happening. He can't do this anymore. Hyukjae shoved him and punched his face. Donghae stumbled backwards and Hyukjae felt proud about what he had done. He punched- not slap but punched him! Sure his hit was nothing compared to Sungmin's but the damage was still there. 

"Don't ever touch me again you filthy scum. I'll get over you and you'll be praising me for being the first to do so." With that he left the room. He ran until he got to the back of the building and slid himself to the ground. He cried and cursed himself for doing so. He knows he doesn't deserve his tears but damn he really did love him very much. It was the first time he ever felt this way for someone and not even his first crush ever (which was Heechul) came close to how he felt for Donghae. He was his everything and he even pictured themselves getting married, living together, adopting four kids and growing old then eventually dying together.  

"Really?" He heard a voice besides him. He turned and quickly wiped his tears. "Minnie" he sniffed. He didn't even realize he was speaking his thoughts. 

"You never told me about that. The whole kids and dying old together stuff. I've only heard it from one other person as well. Not even I believe in that stuff." He laughed lightly as Hyukjae sniffed again trying to hold back his tears because Sungmin would scold him again but instead he caught him by surprise when he pulled him in and hugged him tightly. 

"Cry Hyukjae. Let it all out it's better to do so with someone rather than alone. I know I scold you for doing so but that's because I hate seeing you cry." He cried harder at his best friend's words. He really felt lucky he was with him. 

"Remember my childhood friend? He said the same stuff you did. I don't believe in that because I don't believe in love but you two do..." He kept going on but Hyukjae didn't hear the rest because he was too busy sobbing and soaking his shirt with both his tears and snots. But he didn't care because he didn't pull away. Like Donghae would. 

".. Okay?" Hyukjae pulled away and looked at him confused because he didn't hear what he had said. He decided to simply nod but as soon as he did he got up pulling him along as well. 

They walked back into the dorm building and passed Hyukjae's hallway. He knocked on a familiar door number but he wasn't really in the mood to remember who lives here until the door was opened by his first guy crush ever. Funny thing is he thought Heechul was a girl so he started flirting with "her" (he was enjoying it though!) until he spoke up and damn he still thought he had a y voice. Heechul likes to think he turned him and Hyukjae guesses he did because he liked him even more after that. But two bottoms don't make a top if you know what I mean- oh god no I'm sorry for the mental images! 

"Hyukjae!" He pulled him into a tight hug. "How are you? I know I'm saying this a lot but I'm really super glad you opened your eyes and realized what type of guy that stupid brainless fish is. And I'm not saying I'm glad you found out the hard way, no, but honestly you wouldn't have believed anyone else if they told you. Not even me." He released Hyukjae and guided them into his room. Hyukjae nodded knowing it was true. He really was blind. 

"Does this mean you knew hyung?" It was a stupid question of course he knew. Heechul knows about everything that goes on here same as Jaejoong. Those two. He also kept hinting at it but Hyukjae would either get mad at him or ignore the topic. He should've listened. 

He sighed sitting down on his bed and patting it for Hyukjae to sit next to him. Once he did he turned and stared at him. "I had my suspicion of that brat hiding something fishy," He stretched out the fish part and he had to laugh because he was trying too hard. He smiled when he laughed and went on. "Whenever I'd see him I'd put him on the spot and he'd tense nervously replying about you. I knew the. He was cheating though I didn't know who it was. I'm a great detective aren't I?" He finished proudly.

Hyukjae smiled and hugged him. "Thanks hyung it really means a lot to me to have you both with me." Sungmin who was busy copying Heechul's homework came up to them and they hugged it out until Hyukjae started faking chocking sounds. "Yah don't go cheesy on me Hyukjae." Heechul grinned and they laughed. 

It has been almost two weeks since the break up and the first week all Hyukjae did was hide and refused to eat or sleep. Heechul actually slapped him (though the younger thinks he was secretly enjoying it after the first two) as a wake up call and he did (the pain was just too much). They've been there for him and so has the rest of their circle of friends. Heck Heechul would even ditch his Hannie for him which made him feel special though bad for him as well but Hangeng is understanding and even he was there for Hyukjae as well. 

"Hyung I told him about what you said and he accepted!" Sungmin excitedly announced and he saw as his face brightened. Wait when did he? Oh right the thing he nodded to earlier. By the look Heechul is giving him he knew it would be another one of his many crazy ideas he'd somehow often find himself dragged into. 

Immediately he got dragged out of the dorm ignoring Heechul's roommate, Kibum, who was coming inside. Hyukjae quickly shouted a "Hi" to him and he gave him a confused look but still waved. 

They don't know for how long Heechul drove but soon he parked his car and they arrived at a barber shop. 

Heechul started talking to a pretty lady behind the counter and she smiled brightly at what he had said. 

Next thing Hyukjae knows he's seated on one of the swivel chairs with Heechul standing right behind him. Oh no! "Heechul hyung please don't tell me you'll-" He cut him off and smiled wickedly and he knew his answer even before he said it. "Oh yes my little anchovy, I'll be your stylist today!" He gulped and watched him prepare the stuff he'd need while Sungmin just grinned on the side. That bunny! He bets he knew he wasn't paying attention when he asked whatever it was he asked. He took advantage of him- in a good way.

He kept on staring through the mirror at what Heechul was doing noting he really looked like an expert at this. At some point he closed his eyes and he slapped Hyukjae lightly with his now gloved hands. He woke up to all his hair wrapped up. 

They waited for who knows how long. Minnie was on his phone while Heechul was tapping his foot impatiently. After a few more tugs at his hair to check how it was proceeding, Heechul made him stand up and they walked over to another seat where he had Hyukjae lean backwards while he washed his hair. Next thing he knows Heechul has him face the wall and applying eyeliner on him with a conceited smirk on his face. He hadn't used eyeliner since his ebellious days back in high school. 

Sungmin finally looked up and gasped. He gave an unmanly squeal and grinned widely. "OMO! Hyukkie you look so gorgeous!" He exclaimed. 

"He's beautiful right!??" Heechul smiled proudly "It's all thanks to my awesome incomparable skills." Hyukjae rolled his eyes and accidentally shut them in the process poking himself with the eyeliner. "Yah! Don't move!" Heechul scolded and he stood still while Sungmin took multiple pictures of him. Finally he was done and allowed Hyukjae to look at himself. He was not expecting this at all. 

His once dark plain hair was now styled downwards swept to the side neatly and the most shocking part was the hair. Blond. The way it contrasted to his milky white skin was just wow! And the eyeliner was a perfect match. He almost didn't recognize myself.

He felt different. He felt new. He felt as if this was somehow a new beginning for him and he liked it. 

-----

Back at campus people kept staring at him. Some girls would boldly flirt and wink at him heck even guys would make a pass! He wondered if they knew who he was. He guesses they do. He felt really good. They made it to his dorm where Heechul decided to dress him up and give his closet a make over. He tossed and fixed the clothes at his leisure. Soon his closet was half full with the rest on the floor in a mess. He ran over in an attempt to rescue some of the ones that didn't meet the diva's expectations but he stopped him and soon two boys (two of Heechul's many minions) came over and took the clothes away. 

Soon after they started talking and laughing sprawled on his bed. Hyukjae got up to get some drinks from the mini fridge when the door opened and of course in came the fish. Hyukjae didn't even have to turn to know I mean who else lives here? Yeah sadly. 

"What are you two doing here and who are you?" He asked and Hyukjae turned around with a smirk on his face once his conveyed awe. "Hi Donghae." He started and saw how he stiffened at the mention of his name rolling off his tongue. Does it make him a sadist if he says he's enjoying this? 

Inside though he was nervous- confident but still nervous. Hyukjae guesses deep down he still wanted him to regret what he did but reminiscing about everything he did to him and how he changed towards him sure does hurt but also gives Hyukjae strength to move on. 

Both boys on his bed got up and pushed him towards the door which Sungmin had opened. Heechul turned around looking at the fish "You might want to close your mouth. Oh my! Is that a cavity I see?" Hyukjae had to bite his lip at that one. They stepped out and Heechul finished off with "Also clean that drool off your filthy chin honey!" And that's when they lost it bursting into laughter as Chul closed the door. 

They made their way to the cafe on campus which he hasn't really been at in a long time since Junsu works there sometimes and saw Jaejoong there with the rest of their friends. 

"Wow" Yesung raised his eyebrows at him and Ryeowook had to smack his arm to bring him back. Hyukjae quickly realized everyone was staring at him and he almost forgot about his new look. 

"You look way... different but in a good way! I knew any hair color would fit you well but wow you're gorgeous!" Ryeowook beamed and this time he pinched Yesung who's mouth flew open again. 

"You know if I wasn't already taken I'd totally you." Kibum smirked at him and Hyukjae smacked the back of his head laughing "Why thank you I guess." They laughed as the blonde took a seat in the middle of Heechul and Jaejoong. 

"Why hello handsome" He heard someone behind him tap his shoulder "May I buy you a drink?" Hyukjae snorted at the familiar voice which followed by a loud smack courtesy of the boy with him (because both were like gum) was pouting. 

"Mimi!" Henry whined making them laugh. "I'm only joking Henli! You know I would never cheat on you." Everyone grew quiet some even flinched. Hyukjae did too internally. 

Zhou Mi received another smack and Hyukjae heard Henry whisper something to him that only they understood. The blonde noticed they all looked at him concerned or with pity. "I'm sorry Hyukjae." The taller muttered and he shrugged "It's alright Mimi" he smiled reassuringly. 

Moments later they heard the diva's boyfriend come with their drinks. They began to talk and laugh and Hyukjae knew they were trying to cheer him up and help him forget about the fish. Aish these boys are the best. 

He smiled when he'd catch Hangeng stare at Heechul lovingly when he wasn't looking. Hyukjae wondered if Donghae ever did that with him. He doesn't think so though. But he would always kiss his lips in the morning because he liked how puffy they looked. His thoughts kept wandering to the back of his mind where he had pushed all these moments. How Donghae would always drag him to his games and score a goal then look up at him mouthing "For you". How he would always attend his dance musicals. How clingy he was. How they laughed and teased their fangirls. They called it fanservice and he wonders if it was just that for Donghae. How he would look at him with so much passion and lust when they'd make love. How his lips-

"Hyukjae," said boy jumped slightly and looked at Ryeowook who set his hands on his shoulder because he's pretty sure he's sulking. "Look forward, think that a new Prince Charming will come in and be better than that fish. He'll find you and make you feel safe and secure something you didn't feel with Donghae." He flinched at his name but cheesy Ryeowook was right. That was something Hyukjae didn't feel with Donghae. Well not fully at least. You see he was kind of afraid of coming out and wouldn't make it any easier for Hyukjae. Hyukjae wasn't afraid in fact back in high school he and Heechul had announced they were gay (No they never went out) slowly everyone started accepting it (Thanks to Heechul. Do I have to elaborate how the diva made that possible?). So graduating then coming here was obviously a new beginning as well and there were a lot who couldn't accept or didn't like them because of that. It wasn't high school anymore. Donghae never defended him. What hurt the most was he'd join in on the teasing then would make it up to Hyukjae in their dorm. Pitiful huh? 

"Aish look I'll sound cheesy and right now but I'll say it," Hyukjae heard Heechul's voice snap him out of his thoughts. "Back in high school I got cheated on." They all gasped. Hyukjae had known him since the first day of high school and never knew this! But then again Heechul was good at hiding his feelings. Said boy rolled his eyes "Yeah yeah the great Kim Heechul got cheated on. Anyways that bastard was no different than Donghae. At first it was all sweet and nice then he lost interest. I know right? How could he I mean I had guys practically kneeling for me!" He dramatically flailed his hands glaring at all of them as if warning them to never leave him. "I found out he was cheating on me when I found them together in his bed. Stupid mistake of his to give me a spare key-"

"Yeah he pops in at random times with me too." Hangeng interrupted kissing Heechul's temple making everyone aww at that. 

"Shut up Hannie let me tell my story! And don't you dare think I have trust issues with my Hannie because of that!" He glared and pointed at everyone before speaking up again. "So where was I? Oh yeah! I found out and honestly he was my first love but not my last-"

"I better be." Hangeng interrupted again and they all laughed when Heechul whined "Hannie! So then yeah I was heartbroken and closed up to love until I met this Chinese guy." He pointed at Hangeng who grinned. "At first I won't lie yes you might compare both your new love with your old one but then you also start seeing the difference within them. Gun Hee was sweet, nice, kind, funny but here he is this guy a total prince! Hangeng is far more than what he was. Sure he's also sweet, nice, kind, funny but he's also protective, makes me feel safe, understanding, soft, such a gentleman, and I still wonder what I did to deserve him. But the best is that he makes me feel special as if I'm the only one in the world even after two years of being together. That's who you need not Donghae. You need someone who accepts your flaws, virtues, and mistakes embracing them as you are. Someone that's not Donghae. Oh and bonus is Hannie has a special side only I get to see." He finished with a wink and they saw how Hangeng practically tackled him into a tight hug before kissing him all over while Heechul whined but they knew he was enjoying it. 

His words gave Hyukjae hope to find someone better. It is true he was his first but there's no guarantee he'll be his last. He smiled gratefully at Heechul who was being fed by Hangeng. He smiled back at him. 

"Hyung you just got lucky though! Those types of guys are extinct making Hangeng the only survivor." Ryeowook announced seriously and they all laughed when Yesung glared at him intensely. 

Heechul is the strongest person Hyukjae knows and for him to close up to love like that and Hangeng to destroy the barriers he held up to protect himself was proof enough that those two were meant to be. Hangeng never gave up on Heechul and the latter learned to love again. This time it's the type of love you know will last just by looking at them. Hyukjae wants that. He wants a relationship like that not Hangeng so don't get him wrong. Both are so loyal and devoted to each other. 

"You'll forget him. Just stay positive." Of course Jaejoong couldn't let Heechul have the last words. He smiled warmly at Hyukjae "Sleep in my room. I'll trade with you." He looked at Sungmin who was smiling widely. "The bunny has no problem with it." 

"And have you stuck with that jerk? No way you're too nice." Hyukjae shook his head and he chuckled. "It's alright! I'll manage I mean I am dating Yunho, another jerk is nothing right?" They both laughed. Yunjae's story was completely different than Hanchul's. You see Yunho was a huge jerk at some point but Jaejoong changed him. That's the power of love. Will he ever find that? 

"Life isn't all about love you know? There's friends, having fun, living without regrets, mingling while single." Yunho whispered something to him and Jaejoong elbowed him while sending him a glare which made the other quiet down. It was cute and he guesses it had to do with his last words. 

Jaejoong never settled down until he met Yunho. All he wanted was to live his life to the fullest and complete his bucketlist then fall in love and settle down but then Yunho happened. At first they hated each other's guts but fell in love along the way. Hyukjae heard after graduating they'll be moving in together. 

"You're right." Hyukjae smiled and Jaejoong wrapped his arm around his shoulders showing his support. 

Hours later they parted ways and Jaejoong insisted he stay with Sungmin starting now. Hebwas really grateful because after what Donghae had said he doesn't know how far he'd go anymore. 

For the first time since the incident he found himself sleeping peacefully.  

----- 

Sungmin~ 

He woke up with a huge headache. After bringing Hyukjae back to the dorms because he refused to go clubbing (Kibum invited them through a text because he was craving beer like the pregnant woman he is. Not.). He made his way there and they drank and danced their stress away. He doesn't even remember how he got here. Oh yeah Kibum literally threw him in here once they got back. He rushed out after his new toy because he couldn't keep it in his pants any longer. 

Sungmin groaned at the pain and turned to his side. He was greeted with his best friend on his roommate's bed. He suddenly remembered their talk about having Hyukjae here. He even said he'd switch rooms with him. He smiled and suddenly an idea popped up in his head. Party! It's been almost three weeks since he's thrown one! Perfect. He knows just who to invite as well. He texted his other best friend. 

'Party in Sungmin's dorm baybayyy!' he waited a few minutes knowing he was up because he usually never skips his precious coffee time. 

'Yet another one. I'm not surprised anymore. Do you like get high? Is that why you throw them so much? I'm so disappointed in you Sungmin.' the bunny gaped at that. Sometimes he doesn't know whether he is joking or not. He was so hard to read at times. 

'You know I don't do that trash.' he simply texted. 

'Well then. No.' Ugh yet again. 

'Whyyyy??' Sungmin whined. He knew he'd reject his invitation. 'If I say there's drugs you'll come? Is that why you said no?' He joked knowing he'd never do that. 

'You know I don't do that trash.' He quoted him and he scowled. He always says no! 

'Skype. Now.' Sungmin stood up, grabbed his laptop and opened it ignoring his aching headache. This is an emergency damnit! Luckily he accepted his call. 

"What is it?" He asked rolling his eyes before sipping on his coffee. It has been long since Sungmin last saw him. He could tell he was tired. His precious coffee time still sticking around even past high school was proof enough. He had grown out his brunette locks almost covering his eyes swept to the side in cloudy waves. 

"Come to my party!" He demanded. He could see the background clearly and yes he was at his dorm. 

"Sungmin you know I don't like parties." He sighed and took out his phone completely ignoring Sungmin. 

"Pay attention to me Kyu! Come to my party please?" He gave him his famous puppy eyes but of course his aegyo didn't work on him anymore. He was past that stage. 

"Nope." He smirked down at his phone. 'Oh no please don't tell me he's tied down!' he thought. 

"Who are you texting?" He demanded again. He just turned his phone towards Sungmin- the camera, and he saw a game with bombs and other army vehicles. He guesses he's in war. He should've known. 

"I just spent twenty five dollars on this game right now just for this raid! I better win." He grinned wickedly and tapped his phone animatedly. 

Sungmin just rolled his eyes at him. "Just tell me you'll come to my party and I'll leave you alone." 

"No I'm not going." 

"Why not?" The boy was beginning to get irritated. It was always like this. 

"Uh-" Sungmin cut him off. He won't even bother looking at him!  

"C'mon please!" 

"I'm sorry I can't I have to-" He started again still not looking up so he interrupted him yet again. 

"Bull! You always give me random excuses. Please?" Sungmin pulled at his hair lightly feigning frustration. 

"Sungmin" He groaned still not looking up. Sungmin swear s he could go days with his eyes glued to games! 

"Don't give me the "I have to study" cuz we both know you don't even have to study to get full scores. You nerd. And your stupid online games don't count either!" 

"I just don't feel like going. It's just another party there's plenty here and guess what? I don't go to them."

"I wonder how the you even get flings!" Sungmin once again pulled his hair in frustration. 'Agh why did my aegyo dry out on him?!'

"I don't even try bunny," said bunny glared at his gloating smirk. "They come to me and well I don't blame them." 

"Yah! You're so full of yourself!" He pointed accusingly. "Now c'mon say yes or yes." 

"Still no." 

"Cho Kyuhyun! You're taking the next subway over here I don't care how long it takes for you to get here you're coming and that's final!" That's it. He snapped. 'Gah my aegyo doesn't work on him anymore so my bossiness usually does but now it's also failing!' 

"No." How stubborn! He heard a groan from the other side and realized Hyukjae was here. Great! Why didn't he think of it before! 

"Guess what?" Sungmin smirked knowingly. 

"What now bunny?" He asked sighing. He heard bombing noises and shots from his phone while he tapped away at it. 

"Hyukjae," he simply yelled trying to wake the blond up. Immediately Kyuhyun looked up and his smirk came back. 

"I thought your roommate was Jaejoong?" He asked narrowing his eyes trying not to look interested though Sungmin knew better. 

"He is but long story short. Hyukjae is now single." He said and Kyuhyun glared at him before picking up his coffee and sipping it again. He was at a loss for words! He knew it! He still has feelings for him-

"I see." He said and went back to his phone. Was it possible that he forgot about him? Hyukjae was his first real crush though! 

"Yeah Donghae cheated on him." Now at this I saw how he tensed. His hands gripped his phone tightly and his jaw clenched. He looked pissed off. 

"When's the party?" He asked darkly. 'I knew it! His feelings for my monkey are still there!' 

"This Saturday so don't come late!" Sungmin turned his laptop to face Hyukjae who was thankfully facing his bed. His lips slightly parted breathing in and out, his hair all over the place to the side, upwards blah blah, he looked peaceful. 

Sungmin heard Kyuhyun muttered something he didn't quite catch only the last word. 

"...Hyukjae."

-----

Okay so I know the change is not much because I'm barely starting but still I'm sorry if I disappointed any of you I promise it'll get better. I had actually written this chapter differently but accidentally deleted it so I had to start all over. Anyways THANKS SO MUCH to my commenters, upvoters, subscribers and even silent readers you all made my week! (: 

 

Happy Valentine's day!