Love Is...

Mid-Seasons

Kyuhyun~  

I really wanted to punch myself right now. What was I thinking blowing up like that? I guess it did hurt when he said I'd just be a rebound. I wanted to turn around and tell him it's okay I'd be his rebound as long as he learns to love me back. After all that would be the only way I'd get him to forget that stupid fish! 

I think I'm insulting every fish out there by addressing Donghae as one. 

I walked to Sungmin's dorm without bothering to knock and plopped down on his bed. 

"Fancy seeing you here." He turned around in his swivel chair to look at me and I sighed turning to look at the ceiling above me. 

"Invent a time machine Sungmin. Make me go back in time." I hopelessly whined. I heard the rabbit scoff "As if I could, are you mocking me nerd? Give me your brain and I might." He said chuckling. I threw him a pillow hoping he'd take this seriously which he did. 

"Yah! Fine tell me what you did this time?" He asked and I covered my eyes with my arms. "I basically told Hyukjae to forget about me asking him out." I felt the pillow on my arm continually knowing Sungmin was pillow fighting me unfairly. "Yah!" I yelled and he stopped. 

"Why'd you do that you moron? I had finally convinced Hyukjae to say yes to you! Aish all I did was in vain.." He kept mumbling but I zoned him out. I abruptly stood up and gaped at the rabbit. 

"Don't look at me like that sheesh! What are you waiting for? Go for your angel!" He pulled me up and pushed me towards the door. "But what if he's happy this way? He probably-"

"Nonsense! Hurry up and get yourself a boyfriend called Hyukjae or else I'll really "teach" you some martial arts." He kicked me out of his room and closed the door in my face. "How rude!" I yelled 

"Look who's talking!" I heard from the other side and chuckled deciding he was right. But if things don't go as planned I'd only be rejected by Hyukjae for the third time. If earlier counted as one anyways. 

I texted Heechul knowing he'd know where Hyukjae was. 

'Hyung where's Hyukjae?' 

'Yah! How would I know?' I rolled my eyes 

'Oh c'mon everyone knows you know about everything hyung' 

'Not everything.'

'Are you gonna tell me? You know hyung I might have a boyfriend by the end of this.' I chuckled evilly knowing I hit the spot. 

'He's at his room idiot! And you better tell me ASAP what happens. I expect every single damn detail not your pathetic excuse of an explanation arasso?' I groaned why didn't I think of that myself? Then I'd be saved from Heechul. But then again I wouldn't expect Hyukjae to go back there since he's been at Sungmin's. He must be packing up I should go help him. 

I walked down the hallways to Hyukjae's dorm and stood in front of it contemplating on what to say. 

I don't know let's see "Hi Hyukjae listen forget about earlier okay?" Lame!

"Hyukjae I still love you so I still want your answer tonight" Agh no!

"Hyukjae need some help?" No ing way he'll think I'm stalking him but technically I kinda am. But he doesn't have to know that. 

"Hyukjae I'm so sorry about earlier I really didn't mean it. I want a chance with you and-" I heard a voice from inside. I looked to the sides making sure no one was around thankfully it was clear so I pressed my ear on the door to listen well. 

"Where are you going?" Is that Donghae? 

"I'm changing rooms." Hyukjae sounded emotionless and I could tell he didn't want to speak with him. 

"Why? I should be the one doing that." The piranha spoke again. 

Hyukjae scoffed at him "You? Please I'm the one who got betrayed you can't expect me to stay here. Not where this was where it all started." He mumbled the last words and I guess Donghae decided to ignore them. 

"I'm the one that wants to move out." And have Hyukjae reminiscing over you? No way piranha! 

"Well you can't. Keep your ing room to yourself I'm moving in with Sungmin." You go my Hyukkie! Wait not mine.. yet. 

" no his roommate is weird!" How dare he! I should have Yunho kick his for speaking about him like that. 

"Jaejoong is nice in fact I feel sorry for him. He's so nice he doesn't mind being stuck with a jackass like you to save me." I'm so proud of him. Standing up against Donghae like that. I never witnessed this it was always Hyukjae like a lost puppy following Donghae everywhere. 

"Save you? I was the best that ever happened to you Hyukjae." How conceited. Was he always like this? I turned to my other side so I could hear better but really I just wanted to burst in now. 

"No you're the worst. I really did love you but-" But? There's a but! But what?? 

"Don't get all sappy with me Hyukjae." He likes sappy though ugh I'm going in. 

"I said I loved you but I'll get over you." I froze with my hand on the doorknob. I couldn't help but think about what he said earlier. A rebound huh?

"Try" I could hear Donghae yawn loudly on purpose. I wanted to burst in because clearly I don't give a damn about interrupting but I couldn't. My hand started trembling above the doorknob. 

"I don't even have to try. I just hope you don't regret what you've done because if you do I swear it'll be too late." After that I heard a crash like a glass or something. 

"What the ? What are you-"

"I told you I regret nothing!" That was it. I burst in to see Donghae pinning Hyukjae to the wall. The blond looked horrified. I looked to his side and understood why. Donghae had thrown a glass bottle at him. He's lucky it crashed on the wall and not on him or else I could've ing killed him. 

I shoved the piranha off of Hyukjae and watched as he stumbled to the floor. I stood in front of Hyukjae defensively. 

"What the ?" His eyes widened once he recognized me. "Kyu-Kyuhyun?" 

"Just Kyuhyun please." I glared at him and he smirked. 

"Well you finally came. For him right?" His eyes shifted to Hyukjae behind me before turning back to me. 

"Why I came is none of your business. I saw what you did there and you're ing lucky it hit the wall." I scowled at him. He just laughed. 

"Hyukjae meet Kyuhyun, the guy who fell for you at first sight." He mocked "You know I thought it was disgusting that he would turn gay for you." I felt Hyukjae stiffen behind me. He doesn't need to hear this. I was about to turn when he started speaking again. 

"But in the end I was the one who had you. It made me feel superior against Kyuhyun for the first time." He looked at Hyukjae

"Yes Hyukjae that's why I went after you. I never considered Kyuhyun my friend. My father would always compare me to him "The Cho's have excellent sons if only you had at least half their brain then you'd be the heir Donghae" always hearing about your accomplishments and forced to hang out with you. It was all a lie." I gritted my teeth 

"Bastard! You don't know what you're saying you know me and my brother. You and I, we're no different Donghae!" He glared at me and got up to face me. 

"We are Kyuhyun. You're the coward here! I did what you couldn't do. I'm done pretending! Go after Hyukjae now. Do it! I kissed and ed that guy take my leftovers and tell me how it feels!" I punched him hard. He fell on his bed and sat up glaring at me while wiping blood off his lip. 

"It wasn't fun. The only thing he's good at is getting ed. It was disgusting actually. The only one who wasn't was Siwon. He gave me what you couldn't Hyukjae. He gave me pleasure." 

"Shut up!" I yelled. I didn't have to turn around to see Hyukjae crying because I knew he was. I turned around to face Hyukjae who was a sobbing mess. I pulled him out of the room but he heard the last words Donghae spoke. 

"I never loved you Hyukjae!" 

We walked out and I pulled him all the way to the field. It was four but already the sun was nearly gone. 

"Hyukjae," I turned to him and saw him biting his lower lip harshly. I was afraid it'd bleed so I pulled his pink plump lip with my thumb softly. "Please don't cry" I whispered and he looked up at me. His eyes full of hurt made my heart ache. 

"I'm sorry I can't help it." I cupped his cheeks with my hands and I cut him off before he could speak again. 

"Let me help you forget him." My heart started racing again at what I said honestly still holding his soft milky stained-tear cheeks. 

"Kyuhyun you're not a rebound. You're better than that." I felt his hands on mine as he looked me in the eye. Heart still racing. 

"Then let me show you I'm better than him. Let me help you." I don't know if that made sense but I don't care right now. All I wanted to do was hold him tightly in my arms and have him smile again. 

"I don't want to use you Kyuhyun." I couldn't hold it any longer. I leaned down and softly pecked his lips. Then pulled back to look at him again. He was surprised but I went on. "I don't care. I want you to forget him and see me only. Love me only." I pecked him again and I was expecting him to run off or slap me but he didn't. 

"I really really do like you Hyukjae. A lot I even love you. I know you may think it's too soon but trust me I know what I'm feeling. Please give me a chance." I looked at him pleadingly. I was aware I was loosing pride and probably dignity as well here but for Hyukjae it's worth it. 

I placed my forehead on his and saw as he relaxed on my hold. "I want to make you happy and feel loved. I want this to last I don't want to hurt you. I'll be better." I ran my thumb on his tear streaked face gently and watched as his breath hitched at the contact. 

"Kyuhyun I like you too maybe not as much as you might and I don't know if I'm ready but it's worth a shot if it's with you." I felt my heart still beating rapidly and I think- no I know I'm hearing it now. I smiled widely at him and he did as well. I felt in heaven. I actually pinched myself to make sure it was real. 

"Ouch!" I flinched at my own pinch and Hyukjae laughed. That melodious laugh that I wanted to keep hearing. "You're not dreaming." He said and I smiled at him nodding. 

"You're so cheesy but I'm starting to like it though." He gave me his gummy smile this time. 

"Thank you Hyukjae I swear you won't regret it. I'll make you the happiest man you'll see." I leaned down towards his lips and luckily he closed his eyes first awaiting for the touch. My lips touched his again for the third time today but this time I lingered on his lips. He wrapped his arms around my neck pulling me closer and I took this as an invite to go further. I started moving my lips against his tilting to the sides slowly. I felt my whole body warm up. It felt really different than any other kiss I've had. It felt so great. How his plump full lips keep moving slowly against mine. 

I poured my love for him in that one kiss. I tugged at his lower lip gently on it. It felt so soft and slippery. I heard him moan lowly making me shiver at the sound. I took advantage of it and slipped my tongue inside his hot cavern. He gasped a bit before rubbing his tongue on mine. We started the battle for dominance and I let him win for a second. He whined when I took full control. My arms around his waist pulled him even closer which I'm sure wasn't possible without having us rubbing against each other so I immediately pulled back. I don't want him to think I'm moving too fast. 

We looked at each other panting lightly. I noted he was blushing and staring at me then my lips. That made me chuckle. "Like them?" I teased and he blushed again looking away. 

"I didn't know you were a great kisser." Was all he said and I raised my eyebrows "You're great yourself." I complimented. He looked up at me and smiled. We stayed hugging for a while before someone came over and hugged us both. 

"Finally!" He squealed. It's the rabbit. Great. As I prepared myself for the teasing I heard another person behind Hyukjae. 

"Damn that was a hot make out session!" Heechul smirked at us. I felt Hyukjae nuzzle his blushing face into my chest and I chuckled kissing his head. 

"Aww they're so adorable!" Great the other girly was here too. Ryeowook held out his hand in front of the other two and I watched as they took out money and placed it on his palm. Ryeowook started counting and grinned at me. "We betted the base you'd go to on your first day." 

"Seriously I thought you'd just remain at pecks." Sungmin glared accusingly at me and Heechul sneered "Or third base like how I predicted." 

"It was second base all along es. I knew they'd make out but damn I have to agree it was hot!" Ryeowook smirked at us. Hyukjae mumbled something I didn't catch. 

"Yes baby?" I asked and he froze. I think that was a mistake what if that piranha called him like that? Was he remembering? I felt my heart ache at the thought of Hyukjae reminiscing about him while he's with me. It can't be helped now can it? Even if I am just a rebound it's worth it because I finally have him in my arms how I wanted to. 

He looked up at me and smiled "I like that nickname." I sighed in relief knowing I was wrong. 

"Oh gosh it's so cheesy" Heechul laughed "Hyung it wouldn't be a problem if it was Hannie though right?" I smirked at him and he flipped me off. 

"You have to tell me now all that happened. You promised!" He grabbed me by the arm and dragged me but was stopped by Hyukjae who held onto me. 

"Hyung we just got together! You can't just take him! Plus he's leaving today." He pouted cutely at Heechul who sighed in defeat letting go of me. I quickly went over and wrapped Hyukjae in my arms again. I'm pretty sure he could feel my heart beating fast. 

"Everyone is waiting for us at the cafe. You two coming?" Sungmin asked grinning like an idiot at us. I looked at Hyukjae who nodded at me. "We'll go." I said and we all followed the smaller brunette who was happily skipping his way to the cafe. 

-----

"... And that's how they got together!" Ryeowook explained. I rolled my eyes at the lies. 

"I did not plop down on one knee and yell my love for him on the spot, Wookie." I glared at the giggling man. "And I definitely did not say I tattooed his name on my chest either." Yesung turned to his boyfriend who was looking around embarrassed. 

"I already told you I'm not tattooing your name on my body." Yesung said and we all burst out laughing. 

Ryeowook whined and latched himself to Sungmin who was eating cookies like the Cookie Monster he is. "It's hot though!" He complained but Yesung was done with the conversation I guess since he went back to his coffee ignoring his sulking boyfriend. 

"By the way Yesung I was wondering about the job we talked about earlier." I heard my boyfriend ( I feel like squealing at the fact that he's now my boyfriend) turn to the dark haired male. 

"What job?" I asked and he smiled at me "I want my job here back so I asked Yesung to figure out if it's possible to come back." I nodded understanding. 

"About that," Yesung started. He pulled Ryeowook into his arms again having enough of his sulking. Of course I wouldn't be able to stand seeing Hyukjae like that without doing something about it either. "He was delighted you'd come back. He actually said you only have to speak to him and the job is yours." 

"That's so not fair! I filed my application and got rejected!" Henry flailed. "That's because you failed the test. You kept eating what the customers would order!" Sungmin scolded the pouting Henry. 

I chuckled knowing only the squirrel would do that. 

I turned to my side where Hyukjae's head was resting on my shoulder and kissed his head. He blushed and elbowed me making me grin at his embarrassment. 

"You two really do look cute together!" Mochi beamed stealing a few bites from Zhou Mi's cheesecake. "Hey is that Tiramisu cake?" He asked me. I nodded and was about to speak when he reached for my cake and I quickly pulled it back. 

"Sorry it's for my baby." I smirked at him. Everyone turned to Hyukjae who blushed madly. "Aww that's collage worthy!" Sungmin had snapped a picture of us and Hyukjae reached for the camera but the rabbit was faster. 

"Kyuhyun?!" I heard a voice and looked up to meet Changmin aka my roommate. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked with my grip on Hyukjae tightening. 

You see Changmin is known at our college for being a player. Well I kinda was too not that much though. But once he sets his eyes on someone he goes for them no matter what. 

"Wow you're really gorgeous." He said looking at Hyukjae. I knew it! I glared at him and he laughed "Don't worry I won't take him from you" I flipped him off and he dragged a chair to sit with us. 

"So you're his boyfriend?" He asked Hyukjae who looked up at me before looking back at Changmin. "Yes I am." He smiled kindly at him. I felt happy about that. 

"I never knew Kyuhyun was capable of settling down. You must be really special." Hyukjae took my hands in his and started playing with my fingers. He's so cute when he's shy. 

I heard Changmin whistle and I turned to look at him again and to all our surprise (not really) he was staring at of course Heechul. "Damn girl you're beautiful. I'd do you anytime!" We all erupted into laughter. "What's so funny? I'd stop being a player if she-" 

"Look I don't care who you are or what you want but Heechul is off limits to anyone. He's mine and if you don't stop your flirting with him I'll show you my martial arts skills." Well, all except for one was laughing obviously. We stopped laughing a bit to see Changmin's embarrassed face. 

"Hah! He said I'm beautiful" Heechul smirked proudly. I rolled my eyes at the conceited bastard. 

"I'm sorry I take it back!" Changmin said quickly making us laugh again. 

"Yah! You can't take the compliment back though!" Heechul complained and I could tell Hangeng was losing it. I quickly changed the topic to prevent Hangeng from beating up Changmin. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked once again. Changmin sighed thankful about my diversion. "About that well I have friends here as well you know." Oh right I forgot he and Junsu knew each other. 

"Kyuhyun?" I turned around to find- . No no why now? ! Why him? 

"Oh hey Tao." I said. Dammit I forgot he studies here. He's one of my many flings actually. I met him at a club a year ago I think? It was just a one night stand so we never saw each other afterwards eventually. 

"You still remember me? Wow it's been so long." He smiled but it faltered when he saw my arm around Hyukjae. "Who's he?" He asked more like demanded. What the ? 

"He's my-"

"I'm his boyfriend. You are?" Hyukjae lifted himself from me and narrowed his eyes at Tao. 

"Oh" he smirked and before he could tell him anything I stopped him. "He's an old friend." 

"Yeah Kyuhyun and I, we go way back. He's a really really good friend of mine." He bit his lip as he looked at me. I gulped not because of his "seducing" pose (I never did someone twice and no I don't want anyone else now that I have Hyukjae) but because I didn't want Hyukjae to know. 

But I guess Heechul and Sungmin had figured it out because they were quick to send me off with Hyukjae. 

"Who was that?" Hyukjae asked looking at me. "He's just a friend." I shrugged but Hyukjae looked hurt. Was I supposed to tell him? 

"Kyuhyun I'm not dumb there was obviously more to friendship than that. We're barely going out but please don't hide things from me I want you to trust me too." I looked at him and sighed. 

"It was just a one night stand." I said. He nodded and looked down. is he going to break up with me? "I see" He said and started walking away. I caught up to him and turned him around. 

"Just like you said we have to trust each other now spill. What's wrong?" He looked at me and hid his lips between his teeth. 

"I don't know I guess I just didn't like the way he spoke to you. It can't be jealousy I mean it's too soon!" I chuckled and pulled him into my arms. "Of course it's possible!" I pecked his lips and smiled. 

He sighed and looked down. "Kyuhyun-" Just then my phone rang. ing great. 

"Yes?" I urged him but he shook his head. "You should answer that." I groaned and pulled it out. 

"Hello?" I asked. Hyukjae and I had laced our hands together and started walking around. 

"Kyuhyun, I heard about the internship matter. Once you get here I expect you to come to my office. I don't ing care what time it is alright? We need to talk about that." It just had to be my brother. More like my competition. Ever since our father said only one of us can become CEO of his company my brother was quick to declare war on me. I frankly didn't care about the company though. 

But what I said to Donghae earlier wasn't a lie. I know what it's like to be compared. That's mainly why I still strive to keep up with my brother even though I don't take this as a war. I simply seek my father's approval. 

"Hyung I already talked to father about my reasons. Shouldn't you be happy? I mean you don't want me anywhere near the company anyways." Hyukjae turned to me in question but I just smiled and shrugged silently telling him it was nothing. 

"I'm in no mood to play around Kyuhyun. Once you're done visiting your old friend I expect you here. No excuses." He's never in the mood to do anything but work for the money he so ing craves. And leave it to him to know where I am. 

I realized he had hung up. I locked my phone and put it back in my pocket. Even he wasn't going to ruin this glorious day. 

"Is something wrong?" Hyukjae asked concerned. I shook my head and pulled him to the small park on campus. We laid down and stared at the sky. 

"You know, I always wondered why you had left. It wasn't even half the year when you were gone then suddenly we never spoke again and now we're going out." I heard Hyukjae laugh making me turn to him. "I would've never pictured this turn." I smiled at him. 

"It was because of my father. He just wanted me to transfer to be closer to a company he had just built." Hyukjae nodded understanding. "I'm afraid that's only you though because I always pictured us going out since the moment I saw you." I chuckled when he hit my arm lightly. 

"Yah! You're too cheesy!" 

"But you said you like it!" I laughed again when he covered his eyes and nose with his arms. Well , his lips were free so I dove in and pecked him. He uncovered his eyes and looked at me. 

"Kyu," He started and I looked at him questioningly. "Do you umm you know do you really love me?" He almost whispered the last part. 

I smiled at him and nodded. "Hyukjae it was at first sight. I remember you and Sungmin rooming together before they cleared out the mistake and you know changed you both." I tried not to mention the piranha. 

"I remember him telling me about you because he was with me when I first saw you. He knew I had fallen and kept teasing me even more when he found out you were his roommate." I saw him open his mouth to say something but I shook my head cutting him off. 

"And before you ask that, no, I did not use the rabbit to get to you. I wouldn't even ask him about you but he knew I wanted to know." He looked at me and raised an eyebrow. 

"Am I really that easy to read?" He asked making me chuckle "Yes baby you are." I saw how his smile grew at his new nickname making my own widen. 

"So afterwards err you might think it's creepy but I sort of uh observed you. We had a few classes together but aside from that we shared the same time to go to the library. I'd often go to Mouse Rabbit just to see you." I hummed "Oh! Remember that time I spilled my "latte" over me? Yeah I was admiring you but hey you gave me the wrong order because that turned out to be coffee and I found that out the hard way." He laughed at the memory and I grinned. I love his laugh.  

"I remember that! I was panicking and you looked on the verge of tears dismissing my apologies saying it was totally fine and stuff." Now that made me laugh. 

"I felt like kissing you to shut you up but the pain was too much and I dashed out of there totally forgetting my stuff. Afterwards you showed up at the nurse office with my stuff and I realized you had done all my assignments as an apology after you had left." He smiled. I remembered it was past midnight when he visited me bringing my stuff along as an excuse and apologized over and over again. 

"I also realized you hadn't slept because you were finishing it. That day I fell more in love with you if it was possible." I pecked his lips "I wanted to get close to you that's why I joined the dance club but I so bad that I was just embarrassing myself." I heard him laugh again probably remembering my stiff movements. 

"But it was worth it because I'd get to see you there. You're asking if I truly do love you right?" I hovered over him looking intensely into his eyes. "The moment I saw you standing there next to Heechul I knew some of the other students' eyes were on the diva but mine where on yours. I found it hard to breathe it was quite pathetic actually. Something so cliche overly used on Tv but it was what I felt." He bit his lip urging me to go on. 

"I wanted to run my hands though your dark hair styled upwards, I wanted to caress your jawline just like right now," In which I did softly "I wanted to stare into these mono lidded eyes of yours all day," My eyes softened once we made eye contact again. "Your pointy cute nose, I wanted to peck and have it nuzzled in me. And your lips, I wanted to taste them. I knew at that moment I wanted to be with you." Hyukjae sniffled and I panicked not wanting him to cry. 

"I'm not saying I'm shallow! I mean you are beautiful and your looks aren't the only thing that made me fall. Your personality made me fall deeper. The way you would always give that gummy smile of yours that I knew if it was a different smile it was fake. The way you would joke around just like me. The way you would always care about everyone- friends or not. The way you would defend your friends. The way you always went crazy over anything with strawberries. I just found you so cute, sweet, nice, funny, handsome, all in all perfect. And I didn't care about your gender. I wanted to protect you and be with you. Most of all I wanted it to be mutual love." I inhaled after my long speech. Hyukjae was now crying. My heart clenched at the sight and I quickly wiped his tears away with my thumbs.

"I'm sorry, please don't cry." He bit his lip. "It's times like these when I see you in this state that I know I'd be willing to do anything for you. It hurts me as well when you're hurt." I heard him chuckled a bit and I looked at him confused. 

"I'm not hurt dummy! I'm just really flattered. No one had ever spoken to me or about me like that." I sighed in relief knowing the truth and smiled kissing his nose before resting my forehead on his. 

"The moment I saw you I even told Sungmin; "Sungmin, I think we're dead because I'm seeing an angel". He laughed and until this day still teases me about it." Hyukjae giggled and pecked my lips. My heart was fluttering. It's always like this around him. Well aren't I too cheesy? 

Yeah it's a side only Hyukjae will get to see from now on and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

----------

A/N: Sweet Kyuhyun is uff! ;) haha. Anyone know what I did there with the Tiramisu cake? lol well our dear Maknae bought Hyukjae a Tiramisu cake last year for his birthday yes he bought it himself well that's what the twitter pic hinted at~!

Also I might be moving fast but it's how it's supposed to go. Anyways hope you enjoyed! I'll try to update soon~ 

PS: Can anyone guess who Kyu's brother is?