I know they'll be coming

Baby look what you've done to me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♪ For this Chapter : "Just a dream" by Sam Tsui & Christina Grimmie ♪

Enya's Pov

Enya Winston pretty much always had a troubled life, complicated family ties, distant and absent parents, and being lonely most of the time. She was a young lady who learned to never count on anyone but herself, in her mind she was the only one who could give her peace. In her mind, she was alone, but in reality, it wasn't the case. No, she had a family, a huge one at that. She had parents who made sure to let her know she was always watched and never truly alone. No, it didn't felt like a real family, the kind that loves you and supports you, the kind you know you can count on. No, they absolutely weren't that kind of family. For starters, her parents had split in shady circumstances when she was very young and had decided to keep her in the dark about the reason for their split. Her mother had taken her and fled to Kenya where she lived most of her life locked up in a mansion. Despite him not being present, her father had managed a way to let her know that he was always watching her, almost in a creepy way. The worst in all of this was her mother's reaction to the news.

" Don't worry, child." had she said like it was no big deal, "your father has no intention of hurting you, he and I both have such a big plans for you to accomplish."

At the time Enya didn't know what that meant, she also didn't know who her parents were and what it meant to be their child. Yes, she had a truly strange childhood, surrounded by both of her parents but at the same time, lonely and ripped off the possibility to form a bond with anyone. Her mother didn't correspond to the image of a loving mother who carefully took care of her child, to her daughter she seemed a lot less full of love and much more full of judgment and high expectations she had placed on her daughter. Enya's father was no better. They made sure to train, mold her into what they wanted and a little over three years ago, they had almost achieved their goal.

But didn't plan their daughter being one step ahead of them.

Her going MIA was decided at the last minute after her parents put her in a plane direction Macao, China with a precise mission to accomplish. At said time, there was a betting competition where many wealthy and powerful people would attend for the week. And one of these powerful was meant to bring into her new family, a decision made by the mother. Yes after years of being kept out of the loop, Enya finally knew who her mother was and thus, what it meant to be her daughter. To cut it short, Enya was the only child of the current Kenyan mob leader, which was also one the most powerful in the entire African continent. And her mother to simply put it had raised her child in hopes that she would be the one doing the dirty work of making sure no one would ever end the reign of her mother was the queen of African mobs.

The easiest way she had found to do that: marry her daughter to the son of another mob leader. Unfortunately for her, that didn't sit well with Enya who at the first chance she got, ran away with no intention of ever coming back.

Obviously her controlling and possessive mother couldn't let her do that.

No, the older woman had sent some her disciples to track down Enya across the world, to bring her back home so that she could knock some sense back into her daughters head. And Enya was sure her mother had been very clear about how much she wanted her back.

"Whatever it takes, bring her back." Would be the kind of stuff she would say.

Unfortunately for Enya that meant her mother's disciples could use anyway, no matter how unethical, to catch her. And that's how she got the big scar across her left cheek and it's also at the same time she got that scar, that she met Chanyeol. Her time with Chanyeol was almost like an interlude in her crazy life, it was the time when she finally got to sleep peacefully and for the first time in her life, feel truly loved.

To be at the beginning, the boy was getting on her nerves non-stop, always staring at her and looking at her like she was the world number eight's wonder.

"You're so damn beautiful, it's for me stop looking at you." would he sincerely say every time she told him to stop staring.

For a while, she honestly thought this thing between them was real and was heading somewhere, but time proved her wrong.

When she figured that out, he was already gone and she was all alone, once again. The man who had become her lover had mysteriously vanished in nature and hadn't sent one sign of life to her which at first made her worry. What if something dangerous had happened to him? After all, he was the heir of a mob clan and in consequence, meant a lot of money to someone who like to kidnap him. Yes, at first she was worried for him even if she had doubts about his intentions towards her. The day he disappeared he didn't say anything, had gone to the grocery store and simply never came back.

After a while, she convinced herself that she had been played, that he had mocked her all along.

She wanted to find him and tell him a piece of her mind, call him out on how he had tricked her with his fake tears and made up loneliness. Only she knew she couldn't do that, not with her terrible parents after her. They were surely mad that she had slipped between their fingers, probably fuming at how she had managed to trap them in their own game.

She was dead t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter