VI. Avoidance (is over) PART 2

How To Act Like I'm In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I'M SO SO SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR OVER A MONTH T-T I really didn't feel like writing lately... I focused more on schoolwork and kdramas... I'm sorry for going on hiatus without telling you guys...

but HEEEEYYY I'M BACK

I don't know if my writing feels are back yet...

and haha excuse my crappy chapter titles XD I'm only creative when it comes to art and poems


 

 

 

 

 

The only sound was the background hum of the car's engine. Everything else was dead silent. The parking lot is empty and a light drizzle has started outside. Amidst the awkward atmosphere, Chanyeol nervously glanced at the boy in the passenger seat next to him. Baekhyun is still staring out the window, refusing to meet the taller's eyes. The windows are tinted, protecting the celebrity's privacy.

"Why were you avoiding me?" Chanyeol said straight to the point.

"I wasn't..." 

"You're still avoiding me. Why won't you look at me?" Chanyeol leaned towards the smaller, who continued to focus on a spot on the window.

"Because..." Baekhyun's voice faded to a whisper as he shrank back into his seat. Through the reflection on the window he saw how Chanyeol was staring a whole into his face, his eyes trained on Baekhyun, and for some reason, Baekhyun found himself feeling nervous. Images of Chanyeol and Kyungsoo together flashed before his eyes and he felt something like betrayal. 

He wondered why it mattered so much to him. He knows that he has no control over Chanyeol's personal life, even though it mostly revolved around Baekhyun. He knows that he shouldn't care if Chanyeol and Kyungsoo got back together, but he always finds himself wanting to know more about the two. 

"Because?"

"Something... feels off," Baekhyun said and finally turned to look Chanyeol, only to find the taller's face zoomed up in front of him.

"What is it?"

Baekhyun's mind couldn't process with the way Chanyeol kept on staring at him and suddenly, he feels self conscious. He's sure his face is turning red right now.

"It's just... we're not like how we used to be..." 

It's true. Both of them felt it, something different from before. It showed on their blushed faces after they kissed, and when they share a bed. Unlike before, they've become awkward around each other. When Chanyeol was still trying to think of an answer, Baekhyun spoke again.

"I know it's probably my fault, for starting that kiss thing..." Baekhyun's voice grew smaller and smaller until the last two words were barely a whisper and his cheeks flushed at the k word.

With that, Chanyeol chuckled and said, "The kiss? Is that why you're embarrassed?"

"I'm NOT embarrassed!" Baekhyun pouted and shoved the taller in the chest.

"It's partly my fault for kissing you again that day when you were drunk too..." Chanyeol said, in which the smaller's face only got redder.

"It's fine... I guess..." Baekhyun looked down at his lap and played with his fingers to distract himself from thinking about the taller's lips pressed against his.

"So... we're good?"

"What about Kyungsoo?" 

"What about Kyungsoo?" Chanyeol asked him back, confused.

"D - Don't you... like him or something?" Baekhyun asked, getting nervous for some strange reason.

"What does Kyungsoo have to do with us?" Chanyeol let out a laugh.

"Of course he has to do with us!" Baekhyun sat up in his seat. "I keep on seeing you hanging out with him! But you never spend time to hang out with me these days!" He stared at the taller, face flushed, embarrassed of what he just blurted out without thinking.

"We always hang out! We live together for s sake," Chanyeol laughed, "Why? You think I like him?"

"It seems like it."

"Are you... perhaps... jealous?" Chanyeol snickered and leaned closer, causing the smaller to lean back and press himself against the car door.

"N - No w - why would I b - be?" Scoffing and putting on a glare, Baekhyun tried to act tough and unaffected, but his stutter gave him away.

"Then why are you asking?"

"B - because... we're best friends and-"

"Best friends..." Chanyeol interrupted. These words have been drawing the line between them for years, until the kisses crossed it. It kind of disappointed Chanyeol to hear these words again, as if Baekhyun is reminding him how he is just a best friend and nothing more, how there is still a line he can't cross.

"Yeah... we're best friends right?" Baekhyun asked. 

"Of course." Chanyeol smiled, though it wasn't quite bright.

"So if we're best friends, then I de

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter