II. How To Act

How To Act Like I'm In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This time, Chanyeol didn't wake to a boy cuddling in his arms, or the even breathing fanning onto his chest, or the warmth of someone embracing him. Instead, he woke up to rays of blinding sunlight piercing his eyes, a vast emptiness by his side, and a clock that read 8:02am. He immediately sat up.

"."

Realizing he was late once again, he jumped out of bed and pounded on the guest bedroom's door. He forgot to set the alarm clock since all he could think about was Baekhyun, Baekhyun, and Baekhyun. How he needed to apologize to the smaller and make up with him. It was completely forgotten that Baekhyun is having a busy day today, filming in the morning and practice in the afternoon for a winter ballad Baekhyun is singing, and being Baekhyun's manager, Chanyeol did a horrible job taking care of him. 

The door in front of him finally swung open, revealing an annoyed and sleepy Baekhyun with his hair sticking up in every direction.

"Baek we're late!"

A couple of seconds passed and Baekhyun finally realized what those words meant. His eyes snapped wide open, the drowsiness completely gone, and immediately began to get dressed. Chanyeol proceeded to get ready as well, but there were so many things he wanted to say. He wanted to tell the smaller how awfully sorry he is, how he couldn't fall asleep last night because he couldn't stop thinking about him. 

Baekhyun is mad at him.

He can tell because the smaller would ignore and pretend like he's not even there.

As they were getting ready, Chanyeol would glance at the smaller, hoping for a chance to start a conversation, but Baekhyun was always busy doing something, either brushing his teeth or fixing his hair. Chanyeol tried to get ready quickly, but his thoughts slowed him down. He couldn't remove his eyes from the smaller, as if hoping that his gazes will make Baekhyun forgive him.

Baekhyun finally talked to him when he was putting on his shoes.

"Chanyeol hurry up! We need to go! You're slow as !" the smaller jumped up after tying his shoelaces and stood by the door, waiting on the giant.

"Baek we need to talk," Chanyeol said, his gaze not wavering and not a hint of a smile on his face. He stood in front of the smaller with his feet planted firmly on the ground, not taking a step.

"No we don't have time right now! Let's go!!" Baekhyun grabbed onto Chanyeol's arm and tried to pull the taller out the door.

"No we need to talk!" he snatched his arm away.

"Not right now!"

"Then when?"

"Tonight!"

The moment the word left Baekhyun's mouth, he regretted it. He didn't want to talk about it at all. Dread filled within him immediately as he hoped for "tonight" to never come. 

Finally, Chanyeol stepped out the door. The unspoken words hung in the thick layer of silence on the way to the set, haunting them of what was going to become of "tonight."

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

Other than arriving late, Baekhyun was failing at his work. He couldn't deliver his lines properly as his mind only allowed him to think about a certain giant. The words left his lips void of any emotions and his movements were awkward. He had to re-film the kiss scene with Park Shinhye because apparently, it had no passion behind it. 

The sound of the script being thrown onto the floor pierced through the air and with the scrape of a chair, Director Kim stood up furiously.

"CUT!!" Director Kim yelled, and the light on the camera went off.

There was fire in his eyes as they bore holes into Baekhyun's head.

"What is wrong with you Byun Baekhyun?? Do you even know how to ing act? Why the hell did I hire you oh my god..." the angry man ran a hand through his hair, messing up the style, and pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. The entire set was silent, all of the staffs and actors staring at the Director with fear. Ever since filming started, this is the most angry the director has ever been.

The said boy lowered his gaze as his cheeks began to heat up.

"Do you even know how to kiss? Oh my god please tell me you've kissed someone before..." Director Kim said.

"Y - Yes... I have..." Baekhyun's cheeks burned even more as he forced himself not to look at Chanyeol, who was watching him right now.

"Then why can't you ing film this kiss scene right?? All you have to do is say the romantic lines and kiss her! Oh my god how hard can it be??"

"I - I'm very sorry sir..." Baekhyun said with his head down.

"Do it again! This time, act like you're in love with her, ok?" With the wave of his hand, the camera went on and the set went quiet, all staffs focusing on the actor and actress trying to act out a love scene.

Ok... act like you're in love...

Baekhyun thought to himself. In his mind, he went over all the details about how to act like you're in love, and he tried to show the emotions in the lines he was delivering. After mentally taking a deep breath, he began to say his lines.

"The reason I like you? Because it's you. Just you. That's the only reason," Baekhyun said in the best way he can as he stared into Park Shinhye's eyes, trying to put emotions behind these words.

He then reached out to pull her into a kiss. The feeling of her lips on his was not bothering him at all. All he could think of was how to make this kiss seem passionate, as if they loved each other. Shinhye kissed back and Baekhyun knew, she was a good actress and kisser. She pulled it off so easily as they engaged in a make-out session. Baekhyun tried to respond by moving his lips against hers and pulling her closer by the neck.

"CUT!"

They immediately broke apart to see Director Kim slamming his script down again.

"Baekhyun you're missing that... that... that look! That look in your eyes that will make the viewers believe! You need to make them believe and feel it! Right now, all I'm feeling is how inexperienced you are."

Baekhyun looked down once again. His eyes stung as something like tears built up, but he won't allow himself to cry right now. His heart clenched as it was filled with disappointment of himself.

I'm underserving of this role...

He wanted to scream at himself, to cry and yell about how he can't act. It wasn't fair... he's an idol, not an actor.

The director let out a sigh and pinched the bridge of his nose again, closing his eyes. "Let's move on. We'll come back to this scene later. Go home and practice ok? Be prepared to film this scene again tomorrow."

And with that, the staff moved on to other scenes, but the weight of the disappointment pushed down on Baekhyun for the rest of the day, suffocating him.

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

Throwing a worried glance at the boy next to him in the passenger seat, Chanyeol's brows furrowed as he drove towards their entertainment company. Not a word had left Baekhyun's mouth since they left the set to go to the SM building. The smaller has been gloomy all day and Chanyeol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter