X. Surprise

How To Act Like I'm In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Sorry I lied last time. There's still gonna be two more chapters and an epilogue XD

 

 

 

That night, the moon had disappeared behind dark shadows ghosting across the sky. Useless lamp posts were only capable of lighting a small circle, the rest were engulfed by the pitch black night. The streets were empty except for two shadows walking in silence, one tall, one small.

 

Baekhyun trudged slightly behind Joohyuk, the taller's warm hand wrapped around his small one, pulling him along. He wore a black mask and a baseball cap, concealing his face in case someone walks by, though it's highly unlikely at this hour. The rest of his body was cooled by the chilly Seoul night breeze but his hand was sweating in Joohyuk's grasp. He prayed that Joohyuk wouldn't mind.

 

His eyes were glued to the ground as he walked, his heart felt uneasy ever since they started dating a month ago but he figured it was probably because he is nervous around Joohyuk. They were walking to Baekhyun's house after a midnight date at an empty movie theater, probably the most normal date they've ever had. Previously dates were always something out of the ordinary, such as snorkeling or bungee jumping, in which Baekhyun almost threw up after. It was not a good date.

 

"Babe?" Joohyuk said and stopped, turning to face him.

 

The way Joohyuk called him "babe" gave Baekhyun goosebumps. He couldn't get used to the babe's and honey's the taller man keeps on calling him, it was uncomfortable and weird. Maybe he will get used to it eventually, after all, he is getting used to Joohyuk.

 

"Hm?" Baekhyun hummed in response, finally looking up, and once again, Joohyuk's resemblance to Chanyeol struck him numb. This is why he tried to avoid looking at Joohyuk as much as possible.

 

"Do you have time tomorrow?" Joohyuk smiled down at him.

 

"Tomorrow?"

 

Baekhyun was surprised. Both of them were celebrities and their schedules were busy. Their dates have always been at least a week apart, but now, Joohyuk is asking to see him again tomorrow? Baekhyun wasn't complaining, just surprised.

 

"I just want to spend some quality time with my beautiful boyfriend," Joohyuk pulled him closer, his smile shining the brightest in the night.

 

Once again, Baekhyun felt goosebumps creeping up his arms. He will never get used to Joohyuk calling him his boyfriend. The term just sounded so strange, like it wasn't for him.

 

"But we always spend quality time together," Baekhyun said, deciding to ignore the uneasy feeling.

 

"Yeah, but I just can't get enough of you," Joohyuk said and caressed the smaller's cheek with his free hand.

 

Baekhyun wanted to cringe at how cheesy his boyfriend Joohyuk is. His heart did a little painful twist inside his chest and he brushed it off as being nervous or flustered. He wasn't even sure why his cheeks began to feel hot.

 

Joohyuk pulled away Baekhyun's mask and placed a chaste kiss on his lips, slow and steady. In that moment, Baekhyun momentarily forgot about everything. He forgot about the numbed pain in his chest, the tears he used to shed for a certain giant, and the giant's existence completely. All he can think about is the feeling of Joohyuk's lips brushing against his own.

 

Then he thought that maybe, just maybe, dating Joohyuk is a good decision after all.

 

But the moment Joohyuk's lips left his, the painful twist in his chest came back. So Baekhyun stood on his tippy toes and wrapped his arms around the taller's nape, crashing their lips together hungrily, as if the movements can erase his past. Joohyuk complied with his wish and pulled him closer until there was no space in between.

 

Baekhyun ran his hand in Joohyuk's midnight black locks out of frustration as their tongues playfully teased each other. He felt a hand sneak under his shirt on his back but he made no attempts to stop it. This is the farthest he has ever gone with Joohyuk, but somehow it's still not enough. Not enough to make him numb, to erase his memories completely.

 

"Yeah I have time tomorrow," Baekhyun whispered against the taller's lips, not even pulling away.

 

Joohyuk connected their lips again right after the last word, on Baekhyun's swelling lips. "Great."

 

After a minute of making out, they pulled away for air.

 

Baekhyun was sure that was not enough. He still can't forget about that giant because now, he's even having hallucinations. In the distance, he saw Chanyeol standing in the middle of the night, alone, staring back at him. This was surreal. There was no way Park Chanyeol would be standing there right now. Baekhyun was convinced that he was going crazy. Maybe he needs to kiss Joohyuk again to get rid of his ridiculous fantasies.

 

But when Chanyeol began staggering towards him, Baekhyun froze.

 

Joohyuk noticed the change and turned around to look at what Baekhyun was staring at.

 

As Chanyeol got closer and closer, Baekhyun was sure he was going insane. He missed the giant so much that he's beginning to get hallucinations.

 

"Is it just me or is there a person walking towards us?" Baekhyun whispered.

 

"There is a person walking towards us."

 

Then the realization crashed upon him. Chanyeol was really there. Park Chanyeol is ing walking towards him after disappearing without a trace for a year.

 

All the I miss you's and I love you's flew out the window when all Baekhyun can feel is the rage inside of him growing like a furious storm, ready to be unleashed onto Chanyeol. He didn't want to run into his arms or hug him or kiss him. He wanted to punch him in the face and show him even just a tiny part of the pain Baekhyun has been enduring ever since he left.

 

"B-Baekhyun... is that you?" The man spoke. His voice was deep and husky, like before. Every syllable and dip in sound was so familiar to Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun has always longed to hear that voice again, but now, he doesn't ever want to hear that voice ever again. He doesn't want the old scars to open up and bleed again. Joohyuk had already placed a band-aid on his healing wounds, but now Chanyeol shows up to tear his flesh open again. This is not fair. It is not fair at all.

 

"Baekhyun," Chanyeol called again, the name like a dagger dragging its way up his bleeding throat and stabbing the smaller in the chest repeatedly. "It is you." He took careful steps towards the frozen boy, but when he got too close, Baekhyun stumbled backwards, his legs not working like before.

 

Baekhyun can only keep his eyes on the ground, his limbs felt numb no matter how hard he willed himself to do something. He couldn’t bring himself to look at Chanyeol in the eye.

 

Baekhyun has been convinced for a long time that Chanyeol has moved on, gotten himself a better boyfriend, and forgot all about the actor/singer that he grew up with. So why did the giant show up in his neighborhood at this hour?

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter