Just One Touch

Make them One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The whole kissing dare hangs over my head for a good portion of two days. Monday rolls around the corner and I scowl when the lights in the apartment start to flicker furiously, and I throw the blankets off me to see Baekhyun playing with he light switch.

"Why~!" I moan and the lights finally stop of turning on, but I'm sure the light bulb is half-dead from his fun. Baekhyun laughs and appears by the bed.

"It's time to get up!" He sings and reaches for me, but I suddenly roll to become a burrito in the covers and snarl. He climbs further on the bed to untangle me and I keep going until iI fall off the other side and hit the ground softly, trying to keep my warm blankets on. Baekhyun huffs and I can imagine him placing his hands on his hips.

"Fine, but you're going to miss the required CPR training this morning, then." He announces. I peek out of my wrappings and wrestle to get free, eventually ending as a mass of tangled pile of blankets. Baekhyun helps me my pulling on the main one and dragging me from around the bed, and out the bedroom doors.

"What do you mean required CPR training?" I ask as I'm being dragged. Baekhyun stops in the living room and starts to peel the layers off of me.

"There was an announcement yesterday that we were supposed to chose pairs for a CPR class this morning. Junmyeon chose you because Yixing ditched him." Baekhyun explains. I groan and go limp when the blankets are off of me, trying to curl back up into them. Baekhyun doesn't let me and I finally stand up, scowling at the colder air.

"Fine. I'll get dressed." I growl and go back into my bedroom to find clothing. 

 

The dummies were scary. The fact that they had nothing but a torso and head was mildly disturbing, but I was ready. I already took two CPR classes before, once in Girl Scouts, and another time with toddlers and babies in a babysitting class in middle school. The toddlers and babies were also plastic, but they didn't look like they could be the same age as me.

Junmyeon waves me over with a smile, but I purse my lips and fight the urge to run over with excitement and chat to him like normal. I was still trying to give him the silent treatment, even though I've already failed several times. Junmyeon isn't fazed by my reaction towards him and we both kneel by our designated dummies.

The only question I have is: Why are we doing this by the pool? Maybe because the acoustics are fantastic, but it doesn't make sense that much. Those who take early swims before class were wading around, giving us confused looks, but they go with it when the instructor comes in.

She introduces herself and tells us how to tilt the head back and squeeze the nose, checking for breathing and other stuff. I've been through it all before. I go first as I awkwardly blow into the dummy's mouth, then back away and check for breathing before pumping his chest and repeating. The first wave is dismissed and I stand up to move to the side, but Junmyeon simply shifts over on his knees and I trip over his foot, not even enough time to scream as I fall backwards and into the water.

Unfortunately, it's the deep end. Even more bad luck, I can't swim.

I frantically try to paddle upwards, but my flailing limps don't offer any sort of help as I begin to sink, my legs kicking and trying to bring me upwards. Another body jumps in and strong arms wrap around me, lifting me out of the water with incredible speed.

I'm brought up coughing and gasping, the hard concrete of the pool floors meeting me and my wet clothes. Junmyeon lays me down, his entire body soaking, and his eyes sparkle with something I can't recognize. His hand touches my cheek and a sudden shiver goes through my body as the feeling of the water on my body gets more prominent.

"Haneul?" He mumbles, then suddenly leans closer in, like he was going to do CPR on me.

"Wait, no Junmyeon I'm not-" I object, but suddenly he's pressing his lips to mine and I freeze as the water sensation grows to the point where I feel like I'm underwater again. Fortunately, the kiss is brief and he leans away again, but he's smiling to the others, who were watching us closely with confusion.

"It's okay! She's alive!" He announces happily. I sit up and grab his neck.

"But you're about to die." I threaten and he grabs my hand with a sound of surprise, 'What do you mean Haneul? You tell me to leave you alone only to want me closer?"

Junmyeon manages to silence me until the class is over, staying silent, but smiling warmly the entire time. When we leave the gym, with a towel the teacher offered me, I pounce on him once more for answers.

"You said haneul was the key to your life purpose, and that's not me. Are you trying to say you have a crush on me? Why did you kiss me?" I question and Junmyeon starts to lift his phone up. I slap it and it goes flying, hitting the sidewalk and breaking. He doesn't even look annoyed by it.

"You're mad at me?" he innocently asks and I scowl.

"What do you think?" I hiss and he looks panicked.

"No! Okay, I'll make it up to you." He promises and suddenly starts to run in the opposite direction from out classes.

"Where are you going? What about class?" I yell in his direction, but he doesn'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter