Aegyo

Make them One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The teacher drones on about philosophers of old, something about Plato, Aristotle and Socrates. Our teacher seemed to be obsessed with Greece and their ideas, and was getting more and more obvious the more she spoke.

Her hands move around as she explains their points of view, but I barely pay attention. My eyes were directed on Kiseop and his sleeveless shirt. Why he suddenly decided to wear such a shirt was a mystery, but I wasn't complaining.

"Drasil?" The teacher asks, and I jerk my body to attention, looking around in confusion. Sehun, in the desk next to me, looks over on confusion, pointing to my paper.

"Uh, yeah?" I ask, noticing that nothing was written on the board, and no textbooks were open. The teacher holds up a paper and I squint to look at it.

"Did you find a philosophical thought to share?" She asks, seeming impatient. I straighten my body out and take out a scrap of notebook paper, nodding my head quickly.

"Yes, I do."

"Would you mind sharing yours?" She asks. I take in a breathe when Kiseop turns in his seat to look back at me in expectancy. I swallow and hold the paper up, glancing at Sehun quickly.

"Music is mortal law. It gives soul to the universe." I state, reading off the paper. The teacher seems satisfied, until Sehun raises his hand, his own paper at the ready.

"Yes?" She asks, pointing to him. He stands up, away from his desk, and seems ready to present an important question.

"According to Greek mythology, humans were created with four arms, four legs, and a head with two faces. Zeus split them into two, fearing their power, and condemned them to spend the rest of their lives searching for their other half. Is this correct?" He asks. The teacher looks a bit confused, thinking things over, and leans on her podium.

"You're asking if this was a real myth?" She asks, seeming confused. 

"I want to know what your thoughts are on it." He states.

"I believe humans were always separate, and will remain that way unless through legal contacts of marriage." She responds, gaining a certain aura that made it seem as if she thought she was answering correctly, but Sehun didn't seem satisfied with it.

"What would your thoughts be if he compared humans to a tree?"

The teacher is taken aback slightly, pondering what to say. My own mind starts mulling things over, wonder what he was trying to get at. 

"How many people do you suppose were from this tree you talk of?" The teacher retorts.

"Twelve." This sends the teacher into more thought.

"The original thought was of two people put together to make one, but if you had twelve people all combined at once it would have twenty four arms, legs, and twelve faces all on one head, I suppose it would resemble a tree in a certain way, but the human body is made from more than just wood and plant matter." She smartly responds. Sehun finally sits down, thinking the answer over, but before the teacher can continue with her lesson the bell rings and people pick up their stuff. The teacher tries to warn us of our upcoming quiz, but no one listens as they shuffle out of the classroom. My phone rings and I quickly answer it after seeing Junmyeon's name flash on the screen.

"Hello?" I ask, placing it in the crook of my neck and trying to pack up my stuff into my bag.

"Hey, just a reminder that we have a meeting tonight." He reminds me. I sigh and place my bag on the ground, running a hand over my face.

"I can't go. My gym teacher knows I haven't been doing much for his class and is making me stay after at the gym while he's there. You'll have to do it without me." I reply, noticing that Sehun was still there as well, watching me with his colorful hair and curious eyes. I finger a pink slip that had my gym teacher's command on it, forcing me to go to at least two of the activities and do a full session of each.

"We can make it a group trip!" I hear Luhan exclaim in the background, sounding excited as he rambles in Chinese off to the side. I wonder why he's speaking in it all of a sudden. Did Junmyeon know it fluently?

"Wait, am I on speaker?"

"Isn't Zitao going to be there?" Yifan asks, still trending in the other language. I blink as my mind connects the dots back to English, still working on the listening portion. I was okay when I read it--most of the time. There were a lot of characters-- but listening wasn't my thing, especially not when I knew for a fact that Yifan was actually from China. I don't know about Luhan, though.

"Yeah, you're right. We're going to meet you there!" Junmyeon exclaims, back in English.

"But I-"

"Is Sehun still in class? You're in Philosphy, right?"

"Yeah..."

"Put us on speaker, please." He returns to his polite demeanor and I sigh, taking the phone away from my face, watching as the teacher starts to lock things up for the day. We would have to leave soon, and I would need to get ready for my little adventure. Classes were scrambled every once in a while, and today Philosophy was my last class of the day.

I press the speaker button and hold the phone out, Sehun still watching me. Maybe he was expecting us to go to the meeting together, or a comment on his thoughts. I was still trying not to call him Colored-hair guy, so a friendship might take some time.

"Okay, he's listening." I announce. Sehun takes a step closer, understanding that he was included, and a loud command bursts from the speakers of my phone.

"Sehun-ah! Use aegyo!" Luhan suddenly screams into the phone as if it was life or death. Before I can even ask what the heck aegyo meant, since it didn't seem to be an English term, Sehun slaps my phone to the side, my gloved hand losing the friction to hold onto it, and smiles, my eyes widening. I don't even look in the direction the device went flying in.

His smile was gorgeous. Slight creases form down the sides of his nose and it made him look so beautiful it literally took my breath away for a second. He brings his hands up to his face, them gently, and starts to rotate them. While he does this his eyes open widely and I can't look away when his head tilts back and forth.

My own eyes widen and I stare in partial confusion, unable to break eye contact as he keeps moving his head back and forth. It was so cute I was finding myself wanting to either kiss him, or give in to anything he wanted me to do. There was no in between.

"Let us come with!" Luhan suddenly demands. This suddenly makes sense. Sehun was trying to do his own version of puppy dog eyes to convince me.

"What? You guys do know that you have a freedom to go without my permission, right?" I ask, loud enough to reach my phone, finally looking away. I felt as if I was about to cry from how adorable he was getting. Sehun stops and laughs softly, dropping his hands.

"Oh yeah. Never mind, Sehun-ah. You're relieved of duty." Luhan announces from my phone across the room, trying to sound professional. Sehun keeps smiling as he packs his stuff up and slings his bag over his shoulder, still watching me. I laugh in amusement and shake my head, planning on bringing my most modest swim suite because--

My head shoots up and I pale. Crap.

I forgot that if all of them were coming, Jongin was going to be there. He better stay away from me. Actually, I heard there was a dance studio. Maybe he'll go to his corner and I'll stay in mine, whatever that is. I was planning on swimming, but was that an activity I could get a sign off from?

I get all my stuff away and I watch as Sehun holds out a hand for me, seemingly aware that we were going to the gym, apparently. Maybe he just was trusting me to lead him where we were going, catching onto whatever his friends were talking about. I shrug my shoulders and sling my bag on my shoulder, taking his hand like it didn't matter and walking through the rest of the desks.

Wait, my phone.

I release his hand and scurry to where I recall it flying and pick it up, undamaged, and hang up on Junmyeon's phone, slipping it into my pocket.

"What does aegyo mean?" I ask Sehun, waiting for me. He thinks for a minute as I walk to him and we bump shoulders, continuing our walk to my apartment for a change of clothes.

"It's a Korean term for you're cuteness, mostly used to one's advantage." he explains.

"So they were making you use it against me?" I ask, raising an eyebrow at him.

"I use it all the time on them." he simply shrugs my qu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter