Unicorn Love

Make them One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


To clear any confusion, italics either mean another language or singing, and the text that is lighter in color is what the guys do in their discussion.

Just letting you know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

At first I thought that this Monday might actually be a good one, but I was gravely mistaken.

My first clue was when I was abruptly awoken by a Xiumin being thrown on my bed by intruders--and by intruders, I mean the Kims. The eldest cries in fear before slamming into my vulnerable body and I groan in pain when he lands on me. He scrambles to his feet, murmuring apologies, and goes after the perpetrator. I'm left the quickly cover myself, remembering that I was so tired from training last night that I collapsed in my bed in only a tank top and my underwear. Now that my apartment was filled with y men, I had to become the ninja I was in a past life and sneak some clothes on before Jongin could get a camera out.

Knwoing Jongin, though, he probably already got shots of me out cold.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that my blankets covered my entire body and I sit up gently, rubbing my eyes and holding my stomach. Junmyeon slowly opens the door with a sheepish smile and steps inside.

"Sorry about that. Jongdae." He explains, refusing to come in all the way when I give him a death stare.

"How did you get inside?" I hiss, wondering if that little troll stole a spare key, or something. Junmyeon thinks for a moment.

"I think it was Jongin..." he mumbles, pondering how they got inside my home. I pass it off as he wasn't there when they broke in and yawn, trying to curl back up in my blankets, my head throbbing. I was having the strange dream again, where they kept chanting the same thing, like they were stuck on replay and refused to move on. I knew they had something else to say, but they just couldn't come to say it yet. It was oddly frustrating.

What the guys don't know, however, is that the symbols that etched themselves into the alien pillars have been haunting me for several days now. It got so bad that I grabbed a sketchbook I brought and spastically traced them in until they stopped floating around my head. Even still, I was trying to do my homework and found myself doodling them in the corner of the paper.

I don't put much thought into it, though, and blink my tired eyes. The only thing that did confuse me, though, were the names that I heard when I called for help. Junmyeon said suho. What is suho? When I looked it up it came as a Korean term for guardian. Junmyeon was the most fatherly-ish of all the brothers, but how did I come up with that?

After a quick search I discovered that Haneul was a name for a boy or girl, and meant heaven. I'm not sure what was going on there, though.

Then again, I've been eating a lot more Korean food recently. I think it's changing my brain somehow. I blame this on Kyungsoo and his delicious cooking.

"I brought tea!" Minseok announces, walking through the door even after Junmyeon tries to block him off.

"I'm practically !" I scold and his ears turn red, making him instantly turn around and leave the room with a steaming mug in his hands. Junmyeon makes a face and he leaves as well, closing the door behind him. After not hearing his footsteps I guess that he's blocking the door for me to get dressed and I sigh, checking the time.

6:30

Classes started at 7:30.

I snort and roll to the side, slipping out from under the warm covers and shivering, quickly finding my gloves and pulling them on, holding my hands close to my body. I shiver harder and stumble to my closet, trying to take a sweater off the hook and slipping it over the tank top. I could take a shower later on tonight, but I get some pants on and keep my fuzzy socks on as I tread into my living room, Jongdae firmly planted in his bean bag. He was eating a bowl of cereal like he didn't just sneak into my house and I hear noise in the bathroom, turning to see Jongin casually brushing his teeth, and he gives a little wave.

I keep a blank face as I cross the carpet to my kitchen and see Minseok cooking eggs, Junmyeon looking at the calendar I had hanging up. He had it flipped to March, and was glancing over the dates until his finger settled on one. March 5th apparently was an important date.

Minseok gives me a big baozi smile and I can't help but smile back. He flips the eggs and takes out a plate, but I'll worry about dishes later.

"Did you finish your homework?" Junmyeon asks, turning to look at me.

"Why is Jongin in my bathroom?" I retaliate, waiting for an answer. I hear Jongdae choke on his ceral and the sound of the beanbag squishing, signalling that he was getting up. He appears by the dining table, bowl and spoon in hand.

"The boy's dormitory bathrooms weren't working for him to get ready anymore." he explains.

"So you decided to let yourselves in and make this your new morning place?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. Minseok leans on the counter.

"Wait, we broke in?" he asks, eyes widening.

"Exactly. We're your new favorite alarm clock!" Jongdae announces, waving his spoon in the air.

"Yes, because I love having people thrown on me in the morning." I mumble. Jongdae points a spoon at me.

"Hey. It keeps you on your feet."

~~~~~~

Minseok and I walk into class together and I plop in my seat pulling out my algebra homework. Math was not my favorite subject, nor would it ever be. He takes the seat to my right and gets his stuff ready for class. When the teacher comes in I obediently take notes and write down the homework pages, dropping the due ones off when the time comes for us to leave. Minseok waves goodbye when he goes in the other direction in the halls and I take a left, heading towards the gym meeting room. I had to present my signed sheet, Zitao's name printed on the top, to prove that I was indeed going to my afterschool class.

The workouts have been doing me good, though. I can lift things easier and now underestimate my own strengths. I almost fell out of bed earlier in the week, but my abdominal muscles easily brought me back up and I sat in my bed surprised until I needed to use the bathroom. When Chanyeol tried to pry my gloves off another time, I could restrain him. He pouted at me and complained to Zitao about changing me and being unfair.

The teacher sees my paper and starts to ask me questions.

"What have you been doing?"

"Strength training."

"Like what?"

"Sit-ups, push-ups, stretching, yoga, balance." I explain.

"That doesn't sound like martial arts." He states, looking suspicious.

"It's called wushu, and you can't just jump right into it if you're not ready. Don't expect a newbie to be able to run 400 meters on his first day." I snap, taking his sheepish nod as a sign to go to the mat and sit down. The teacher motions for Zitao, in the room, to come over to have a talk with him. Luhan scoots across the mat to me and I stop him before he rips his shorts from the friction. I've done it before. We watch as the teacher gets frustrated look and Zitao keeps looking blank. I can tell that big words were being used, and Zitao didn't understand him.

I nudge Luhan and he goes to help, finally getting them to an agreement without offending anyone. Afterwards, the teacher requests that when winter comes we should work on swimming. He would test our forms in the water at the end of Christmas break so we should get to working on them now. I was fine with this, as long as we didn't go in deep water.

Deep water and I didn't get along well. I still remember the time when I was a kid and my mom invited my aunt to the public pool. I made it to where I couldn't touch somehow and I couldn't swim. Five minutes passed with my head barely above water, trying to signal to the two women in deep discussion, but I couldn't talk. It was basic instinct to survive, but not enough to speak, so I was stuck in silence until a man recognized that I was drowning and got me to safety. I still don't trust water that I can't stand in.

I could always bring the guys with. I'm sure they'd enjoy swimming to some extent, since it seems that they liked it last time we all went to the gym together.

Zitao and Luhan come back, and we spent the rest of the time exercising while the other kids got on their phone to wait it out. My martial arts teacher held my feet down and told me to do more sit-ups, not letting me go until the clock struck passing time and I was released. It took me about two minutes to finally get back up, my stomach sore.

When I was in language, however, the day only got more interesting. Yixing was trying to help me with my listening skills during work time, so he would speak long sentences and wait for me to reply. I only stare at him after recognizing the words bread and five, but lose track of everything else.

"Would you slow down!" I protest, and Jongin only turns to look at us after talking to Kyungsoo.

"You need to practice to learn." Kris pipes in from his seat, filling out a piece of notebook paper with symbols for the activity. I wasn't sure why the two Chinese men were here, since they were fluent in it. I guess they were going for degrees in their language to make it official. For homework we had to make scenarios of things that could go wrong while in the city and fix them, like trying to find a certain store or not having enough money. Kris finishes and watches as Yixing keeps talking to me. I catch the words coin and some sort of question by the way he spoke, but I'm still lost.

Truth be told, I'm better at speaking Chinese when I'm not under pressure. That's why me and tests don't work well with each other. This wasn't exactly split-second, but it was still too fast.

"Why don't you let Drasil say the question and start it off there?" Kyungsoo suggests, looking up from his own assignment. Jongin and him were working together.

"Good idea." Yixing comments, looking to me. I make a face and twist my brain.

"Hello. Where is the bathroom?" I ask. Kris laughs to the side and shakes his head.

"That's not a complicated question." he mumbles and I turn to him, not even noticing that he spoke in Chinese as well. I could understand him well enough.

"I'm not a complicated person. You should know this by now." I reply, picking my own notebook up and trying to decide where my character gets stuck.

"You know more than you think you do." Yixing comments, leaning in his chair towards me. I give him a glance and pick up my pencil.

"Know what?" I ask, suddenly jerking my head up to look him in the eye. he was smiling after he saw that I finally noticed. "How did I just do that?"

"You weren't playing the guitar, so it must be when you're not making it harder than it should be." He replies, writing on his paper. I see unicorn doodles in the corners of his page and smile gently. My mind goes to my own sketchbook, tucked away in my bag, and runs over a blocky unicorn I've been repeatedly drawing since the dreams first started.

And, as soon as I start to imagine it, my fingers itch to draw it out. I sigh and drop my paper, only one sentence started. I grab my sketchbook and flip it open, trying to keep it hidden from anyone's eyes as I draw. the others don't pay attention to me as I go over all the symbols again, making sure to get it all out and flipping the book closed.

The class ends and I head to Tech. Ed, seeing Baekhyun already at a computer. Chanyeol comes in later and sits in a chair. We had a project in this class too, but we had time during class to finish it, unlike Performing arts. The only thing we were required to do was make an advertising for a fake restaurant using the programs we were given, after the teacher showed us what to do. As soon as the class starts, however, Baekhyun spends more time on social networks than the actual project, and I'm pretty sure Chanyeol is already done.

I finish taking out the background of a lighthouse when class is over and save my work, picking my stuff up and an arm slung around my shoulder as I head to Philosophy. Chanyeol and I walked down the same hallway before splitting up, so i wasn't as lonely. The onky annoying part is that he would repeatedly try to encourage me to play guitar when I got home and I didn't have time for that.

We split up and say our temporary goodbyes. Chanyeol warns me that Jongdae was planning on inviting someone else into the group, something about match-making, and I nod my head in thanks. The teacher in Philosophy goes on again about quotes and views on the word at certain points in history and I doodle during class, Sehun repeatedly trying to amuse himself by trying to get glances at what I was doing. Not wanting him to pry, I tried to keep it to myself as much as I could, until I glanced at him and saw that he was trying to use aegyo on me. I roll my eyes, but, when I look back, I no longer see innocent Sehun. It was as if I was looking away from my body, because he was further away, standing on some sort of clock covered with water. A short scene of something that looked like either a solar or lunar eclipse flashes in my eyes, but I couldn't tell which one was happening. It looked like the moon was going dark, but during normal lunar eclipses the moon is a reddish color.

As the short scene keeps going, I see my question get bigger when a random sun also gets covered with a moon, but my instincts told me that all of this was at the same time. In order for that to be true, there would have to be two moons. This wasn't a realistic thing. A view of the entire earth spins and I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter