Group of 12

Make them One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The only sounds from the auditorium were the occasional fit of laughter and a few pieces of furniture scraping across the stage floors. I cringe and brace myself for what was to come as I swing open the doors and step inside.

Junmyeon said that he requested space in the auditorium for organization after trying, and failing, to get the entire group together during class. Truth be told, no one was paying much attention anyway. The teacher agreed and we had two hours of access to this entire section of the school. 

Unfortunately, I had to walk--more like run-- everywhere I go and ended up being late. I spot a circle made of the group members and examine them. I didn't get a good look at all of them earlier and now was a good time to know whom I was working with.

I scan them and they look at me approaching, making me feel nervous suddenly from all the attention. I recognized all the Kim's, but there was still more.

"Yggdrasil!" Minseok exclaims, hands going to the air in greeting. I jump over the side of the stage and get to my feet, high-fiving him with a gloved hand.

"It's Drasil, you hamster." I tease, finding one open chair and sitting down. Turns out they were playing truth or dare until I arrived, and it looks like Jongin had to do something with a chair. It was pulled out into the center and he was sitting in it backwards, slowly edging it back into the ring to start discussion.

"Roll call!" Bambi exclaims, making me notice he was here.

"Jongdae?"

​"Here."

"Jongin."

"Yep."

Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Minseok, Kyungsoo, Yixing, Yifan, Zitao, Luhan, Junmyeon, and Sehun were all announced. I learned the names of strangers today, and finally could name Colored-hair, Bambi, and Ninja Assassin over there. Now I have a way to name my killer if Huang Zitao suddenly decides he doesn't like me.

I shudder and the brainstorming begins. There were going to be auditions that the teacher was to host in order to determine if you should be crew, dancer, or singer for the group--which should be awesome because it's like signing up for a musical. I didn't think I was going to enjoy that at all.

"I'm definitely going to be dancer with my unicorn buddy." Jongin quickly exclaims, swinging an arm around Yixing and squeezing him. His phone goes off and I hear a peculiar ringtone.

"Pink fluffy unicorns dancing on rainbows!" The device sings. I raise an eyebrow in confusion and he answers it off to the side, practically running away. I raise a hand for a question.

"Okay, two things. One, where did he find that ring tone. Two, what were we thinking for the actual performance. I think we should come up with something before assigning roles." I comment.

"Roles have already been assigned, and you've never heard of that song?" Sehun asks. I shake my head and Luhan and Minseok gasp. The latter pulls out his phone and starts typing away.

"Guys, no. We need to-" It was too late. they brush Junmyeon aside when they run on either side of me and shove the device in my face as a video starts playing, some My Little Pony stuff. A really fluffy pony makes a unicorn horn and places it on his head, running on a rainbow. As the video plays on I hear Yixing's ringtone and slowly smile from the cuteness of it, almost crying by the end of it.

"That was beautiful." I breathe when they finally pull away.

"Do you want to hear his ringtone for me?" Minseok asks, pointing towards the direction Yixing ran out. I shrug my shoulders and he starts typing again.

"Minnie, no. Not the ten hour-" Junmyeon objects again but they ignore him when the phone is in front of my face again. Several short videos of animals eating, followed with a song that consisted of repeated nom nom nom's in different tones was seen.

After a good five minutes, I knew it needed to end but I didn't want it to. Minseok was running around the chairs, waving his hands around as him and Luhan sing to it, the bambi shaking his hips. Jongin laughs at their failed dancing and Junmyeon patiently waits as Yifan quietly discusses something with Zitao.

The man steals my attention when he laughs at something the elder said, suddenly not looking as intimidating anymore and actually looking...cute? He reminded me of a panda for a second, but I reluctantly stop the video and try to hand it back to Minseok, who only groans in distaste from his music stopping. Yixing comes back inside the circle to join us and sits down, Junmyeon finally taming the group. Yifan seems to be the one with the coldest aura as we start going over themes.

"What if we sang about-"

"Don't even say unicorns, Yixing." Jongdae warns, making the said man sink in his chair with something that resembled a pout. Yifan clasps his hands together and I raise my hand again.

"Not to be objecting to the way you guys work, but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter