Tea

Make them One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yixing holds up a card with a symbol drawn on it, my brain twisting in thought. Our meeting for tonight wasn't really about the song as much as it was about getting our homework done. Yixing offered to help me go back over my memory with numbers, but I was so bad at this that it was comical for Jongdae, who, if I didn't answer fast enough, would pipe in for me.

"Ten! It's ten, I know it is. It's shí!" I cry, pushing Jongdae to the side, sitting cross-legged on the wooden platform in the auditorium. Junmyeon felt guilty that we were using the space without actually using the space, but Jongdae and Luhan convinced him to let us stay for today, and we would eventually get to the project later.

Yixing holds up another card and I stare at it, Jongdae sighing.

"You've been studying this language for years now. How is it you passed the class without knowing one through ten?" He asks. I shrug my shoulders.

"Four. Sì." I announce, Zitao watching us. We didn't care to get chairs this time, so we were all in different positions on the floor. Chanyeol, as usual, brought his guitar and was casually strumming it, claiming to be trying to come up with something. We all knew that he really was just bored and didn't want to do homework.

I don't blame him.

Baekhyun remains on his phone, occasionally showing something funny to the taller man, making him cease his strumming to laugh, depending on the full humor of the picture. I see Jongdae add a few note cards to Yixing's pile and he holds one up for me to see. I narrow my eyes.

"I'm not saying that." I warn. Jongdae smiles.

"Like you know what that means." he teases.

"Oh I do. As soon as I learned that you spoke Chinese I made sure to memorize every single swear word there was." I inform, taking the card from a blushing Yixing and throwing it to the side. I perk my body up and try to address all of them, Yifan trying to draw in his sketchbook.

"So, regarding when we went to the gym, I think I have an idea for a song." I casually bring up. Chanyeol stops making music to look at me.

"You did? How does it go? Have you been using your guitar? What key is it in?" he suddenly starts shooting questions at me. I put my hands up to slow him down.

"I don't know a lot about it, but I have the beat and a few words. You've watched Pirates of the Caribbean, right?" I ask. A few nod their heads, but Zitao has a blank look. "What about the black pearl?"

They go silent and exchange sideways glances, making me feel nervous suddenly. I was left out of the loop, and they knew something I didn't. Did I say something wrong? Yixing's mouth drops and he stares at Kyungsoo, who points to Junmyeon, who gestures to Baekhyun. Baekhyun scoffs and waves his hands around, rapidly pointing to Junmyeon.

"Your fault! You're the one whose been around her so much!" he harshly whispers in defiance. I tilt my head to the side and raise an eyebrow at them in confusion. Junmyeon glances at me and smiles sheepishly.

"Sorry, that's already been made into a song." Jongin comments. I get a new confused look.

"You haven't even heard my song yet!" I exclaim.

"She's my black pearl!" Kyungsoo suddenly sings out, stopping the words in my mouth.

"Nan haneure tteun taeyanggwa daseot gaeui daeyang woah oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh!" they all join in and I fall silent, closing my mouth.

"Okay fine. You win." I admitt and cross my arms. Junmyeon still looked uneasy, and Yifan holds out his sketchbook.

"I finished!" he exclaims in his deep voice and we close in to see his drawing, Luhan and Baekhyun start laughing, followed by Chanyeol and Jongdae. Junmyeon tries to hold it back and Minseok gives Yifan a hug, body shaking from laughter. I finally get a glimpse as the sketchbook and I get a confused stare, Yifan gaining a death stare at his friends.

"What is it?" I ask.

"It's obviously a rhinoceros." he hisses, taking the sketchbook back.

"Are you kidding me?" Luhan asks, still laughing.

"It looks like a four legged duck with a Mohawk." Jongdae jokes.

"You senseless idiots don't know what art is." Yifan mumbles, flipping to a new page and thinking about what he should do next.

"What do we do if the teacher walks in again? We have nothing, and I'm pretty sure that you didn't hypnotize me enough for another performance." I bring up, sitting back down again and starting to take out my folders. Yixing gets my attention and waves a new card in my face.

"Qī."

"Why are we studying these when you seem to know them?" He asks, putting the card aside. I shrug and shift in my seat.

"Try something harder, then. You're my unofficial tutor." I remind him. He thinks to himself and starts to get more note cards out, writing things down. Chanyeol suddenly starts to wriggle across the ground until he gets closer to me, trying to pass his guitar along. I grab it cautiously and eye him.

"What?" I ask, looking at him.

"Play something." He encourages with an expectant smile, gesturing to his guitar. I make a face and try to place my fingers of the fret board, strumming an E major, then trying to hand it back. Ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter