Lies

Make them One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It took a lot longer than I expected, but I didn't see any sort of communication other than Zitao leaving with Kevin, so I didn't expect much anyway. Jongin let me leave the wall to get the first aid kit after we looked down and saw a stream of blood from my throbbing wound, but he didn't let me walk. I had to deal with him sweeping me off my feet, the water still raining down on us, and him carrying me around. The beeping stopped, but I'm not sure what that meant.

The wound was covered in gauze, but I needed it looked at because it seemed deep. The aching on my back had stopped, so that was a good thing, and the music stopped.

After a while, though, It seemed as if we were having a party. Everyone - and I mean everyone - started filing through the doors like they themselves were the firefighters. The chopstick fire had gone out a while back, so I'm not sure why everyone was here.

The bandaged gash on my leg throbs, but I try to ignore it as Yixing walks over to me with concerned eyes. I was fine. I didn't need their help. His hands hold me and stop me despite my efforts, one traveling to the wound as if he knew what was wrong. My mouth drops as a blissful sensation surrounds the area and the pain disappears.

"What did you just do?" I breathlessly ask as he stands up again with a smile and bows slightly, backing up to join the crowd that had surrounded me. Baekhyun leans over to whisper something to Junmyeon in another language, but I understand it.

"Can I kiss her now?" He asks and I scowl.

"Uh, why don't you ask me that?" I remark and he turns to look at me in surprise, smiling sheepishly, "Can I have an explanation now?"

Junmyeon and Yifan look at each other, and then they step forward. Both smile at me.

"Let's start with a story." Junmyeon clasps his hands together.

"When the skies and the grounds were one of legends, through their twelve forces, nurtured the tree of life. An eye of red force created the evil which covered the heart of the tree of life and the heart slowly grew dry. To attempt and embrace the heart of the tree of life the legends hereby divided the tree in half and hide each side, hence times is overturned and space turns askew. The twelve forces divided into two and created two suns that look alike into two worlds that seem alike. The legends traveled apart. The legends shall now see the same sky but must stand on different grounds. They shall stand on the same ground but shall see different skies. The day the grounds be kept a single file before one sky in two words that seem alike, the legends will greet each other. The day the red forces purify and the twelve forces will reunite into one perfect root a new world shall open up." Yifan explains with such dramatic tones of his voice that I'm left clapping in the end.

"That...was beautiful." I comment, "But what does that have to do with anything?"

"See, Yifan? use the simpler version." Junmyeon scolds and I straighten.

"Why are you calling him that? Oh, wait. It's his name. Right. I got...confused for a moment." I mumble to myself when everything seems wrong. They group glances at each other and they blink in excitement as Junmyeon clears his throat.

"To make things simpler and more defined, Once upon a time there were twelve powerful beings. They lived in a perfect harmony inside of one body, giving life to the tree of life. As every story goes, something bad has to happen, and there can't be good without the evil, so dark forces attacked the tree of life and tried to destroy it. In a last attempt, the tree broke into twelve pieces and created a thirteenth power out of their own energy. This was the key to their rejoining after the forces of evil come to a stop. The twelve forces hid the thirteenth, whom they called Haneul, on a planet lost in the solar system where she would be safe from harm as they raged war with the dark forces, but stayed on their home planet to create an army to fight for them when they would come back to the planet to live with the thirteenth power. In a struggle to survive in their

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter