Author's Note

Silent Sonata

AUTHOR'S NOTE


What do you guys think of the last chapter? We're aware that it took a long time to conceive. Writing those scenes was harder than we thought and life decided to hit the both of us within those months of writing, so we apologize for taking so long to release the final chapter >< We hope it was worth the wait, though. The title of Sana's concerto was created by IndianaMinaFan, who also conceived the crackfic Of Reeds and Lube, which is a spinoff of SS (Check it out if you need a break from the angst). You can also follow this author on Twitter

We made it! It's been approximately more than a year since the beginning of Silent Sonata.

Thank you guys for enduring every single chapter alongside the immense word count that each chapter contained. We like to think of each chapter as an episode to a TV series hence the longevity. Apologies for the fluctuation of emotions you guys probably have undergone during this rollercoaster of a fanfic. One of our goals was to evoke the emotions, but most importantly we aimed to educate and spread awareness about certain topics. So give yourselves a round of applause for keeping an open mind and taking the journey to learn (or relearn) something new about people and the world that we live in. 

I (SunnyBunny023), with the original intent of sharing my late friend's story and spreading awareness, learned more about the Deaf/HoH community through research and working with MitangMan, my co-author. He's such a wonderful person to work with and I do not regret making the choice of hiring him as a co-author at all. He inspired me to take initiative and bring my goal of dismantling discrimination beyond fanfiction writing. Wanting to empower people with disabilities, I am currently volunteering at a daycare where I'm communicating with children who encompass different learning disabilities, including those with hearing loss. I tell them that they are worthy of love and that they're a lot stronger than people make them out to be.

I (MitangMan) accepted the position of co-author after being so enamored by the premise of Silent Sonata and SunnyBunny023's ambition to spread awareness as opposed to simply using hearing loss as an angst mechanism. I was inspired by the message in Silent Sonata that I achieved newfound confidence within my own hearing loss. I didn't think that I would be able to pursue a music degree because of my disability but after reading and working on Silent Sonata, I've switched majors and am now majoring in music education and learning how to play many instruments (including the bassoon and horn, percussion has been my primary). When I become a music teacher, I will not only teach people how to play instruments, but I will also teach them how to overcome hardships whether it'd be a physical or psychological form of hardship.

Thank you guys for your kind comments and feedback. We appreciate your responses and are always striving to improve not only in our writing, but in ourselves as well. 

tumblr-nzju9iqn8m1uxdroio2-500-kpop-39208876-500-237.gif

WAIT.

Did you think we were done?

Because of the reception that Silent Sonata is receiving from fans on our fanfiction and social media platforms, we've decided to make a second season! We haven't quite settled on how long it would be but there are going to be not two, but three arcs. There are still stories that need to be told, questions to be answered, and issues that need to be addressed, hence why we decided to go forward with the decision of a second season. The first chapter is already in the works. We'll also give a sneak peak pretty soon. Keep an eye out for it!

Again, thank you guys for your undying love and support. You all are the reason why we continue to write and enrich our lives. We don't regret any second pouring our hearts out into this fic and entertaining the readers. If you want to spazz about Silent Sonata or just talk to us in general, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. 

Take care and we'll see you guys later!

Image result for twice waving gif