Chapter 5- I’m in a WHAT? ~Hana

It's Just a Dream........Right? (hold)

            I finally make it home after a 15 minute drive. I bow at the driver thanking him and walk into the house. “SURPRISE!!!!” I nearly fall down. “MOM…DAD…Omo(oh my) your back” I scream out. “Yes, we are honey” My mom said. “Did you miss us” My dad asked. I embrace both my parents and smile. “Of course I did, why wouldn’t I.” I said letting a few tears fall onto my cherry red cheeks. “That’s good honey, we missed you too.” My dad said as he wiped a few of my tears away. “Have a seat honey” My mom said pointing to the couch. “Okay” I take a seat on the couch. “Now, your mother and I have some exciting news.” “Really… what?” I said jumping up and down in my seat. They count to three with their fingers and yell.“YOU’RE GETTING MARRIED!!!” My face went pale and my jumping stops. “…What? Why?... Why do I have to get married?” “Honey, you can’t be alone forever.” “Mom… I’m only 18. I still have my whole life ahead of me. Plus I’ve never even had a boyfriend. Heck, I didn’t even have a date to prom. Do you really expect me to get married?” “Yes, I do. I believe this marriage will help you come out of that little shell of yours.” “I agree with your mother 100%” My dad said backing up my mom. I grab a nearby pillow and screamed in it. “why…why…WHY…” I look up and my parents who were staring at me. “Are you finished now honey?” I nod a yes. “That’s good. Now let me…” *Riiiinnnggggg…Riiiinnnggggg* my mom’s phone starts ringing. “Hold on, I need to take this.” I pull out my phone and start to play a game. I knew her talk would be a while.

                About 30 minutes later she returns to the living room. “Sorry about that, that was a client. Anyway where was I again?” “Oh honey, I think you were going to tell her his name.” My dad said. “Who’s name?” “Hana’s soon to be husband’s name.”  “Oh yes, your right. Ok. His name is Kim Jonghyun. He is the son of one of the most successful business in Korea. He is also in a KPOP band called SHINee. He goes to your school, maybe you have seen him around.” “Jonghyun? KIM JONGHYUN?” I shake my head in disbelief. ‘Why him? Of all people. Why him?’ I slowly start to freak out mentally. “Honey…honey…HANA” I jump up at my mom yelling. “Oh, I sorry. What did you say?” “I asked you if you knew him. You kind of just spaced out and started shaking. It was really weird.” “Yeah, Are you ok honey” My dad asked. “Oh, I’ll be fine. And yeah you can say I’ve meant him.” “REALLY? Well Hana dear, do you like him?” “Not really mom. He is… umm…” “He is what?” “He is just not my type” I came up with somthing quick. “Not your type. HA!! Like you have one. Anyway, you better learn to love him because he is going to be your husband soon.” My mom quickly snapped back. “But…” “But nothing, you will marry him and that is that. Now Hana dear, go to bed. You have school in the morning.” “Okay. Goodnight mom and dad. I love you.” “We love you too.” My dad said. “Goodnight dear” My mom said. I go upstairs and into my room. I take a long shower and fall asleep. 
               

                   I wake up about 20 minute before I usally do.*E=Mc2, E=mc2* I grab my phone and check my notification. It reads ‘Hello there fellow reader. We missed you at are last book club. Do try and come next time. ~ From your book to mine. Jerry’ “I totally forgot about that.” I put my phone down and drag my feet into my bathroom and brush my teeth. I walk over to my closet and grab some cloths. I choose a dark blue shirt; yellow polka dotted knee high socks, a green neon shirt and some pink converse. I walk down stairs and greet my dad who was cooking. “Hey dad, what are you cooking?” “Hey honey, I’m making a American breakfast. I know you always wanted to try an American breakfast.” “Really? Thank you dad.” I sit down and he places a plate in front of me.“It looks great dad” “Thank you honey.” “Where is mom?” I asked. “She had to leave early.” “Oh I see.” I finish my breakfast and check the time. “OH NO…I just missed my bus.” “Don’t worry honey. I’ll give you a ride to school.” “Really! Dad, thank you.” I pick up my bag and head out the door.

                We arrive at the school earlier than I expected. I hug my dad and walk into the school.  'Why are there three girls standing infront of my locker?' I thought. “HA-HA. This can’t be the girl oppa was talking to.” one of the girls said. “Yeah, look at her clothing.” “Right” I put my headdown and try to walk pass them. “Where do you think you’re going?” I start walking faster. “Who does she think she is?” One of the girls yells. “YAH. Come here.” Before I knew it I was pulled back and slammed to the ground. “Don’t walk away from me. You think just because Jonghyun oppa talked to you that you can just do whatever you want?” “No… I…” “SHUT UP. Listen here nerd if you ever and I mean ever talk to Jonghyun again. I’ll destroy you.” I couldn’t speak. I just sat there frozen. I promised myself that I would never let someone look down on me again but that’s just what I’m doing. I have no courage inside of me. “Excuse me” I look up and see Jonghyun. He looks a little frustrated. He starts talking to the girl and I can see her slowly breaking down. Before he walks into the classroom he looks down at me. I look away. ‘What was that? Did Jonghyun just help me? And what was with that look?’ I look over to the girl who was bulling me and see tears running down her face. ‘Well, I think I can go now.’ I pick up my books and open my locker. ‘I hope she is ok’ I thought. I close my locker and walk into the class. I feel somthing brush my leg and I fall down. The class goes crazy. ‘Can’t I get through one day? Just one day.’ I put my head down and take my seat.
   

                A few hours later and it's lunch time. I have to eat in the café today, because I forgot to pack my lunch. I walk into the café and lucky I didn’t see Jonghyun. I go over to the buffet line and fix a tray full. I scan the café for an empty table. 'Score there is one by the table.' I quickly sit down and began eating my lunch. Five minute later, Jonghyun and his friends walk in the café. All eyes were on them including mines. They walk over to the buffet and start to fixing there tray. ‘Ugh, why do I have to marry him, of all people?’ I thought. ‘He so…’ “H OT” Someone yelled. ‘Not really what I was going for. Wait? What?’ I look at where the voice was coming from. There's a girl twirling her hair about 2 tables away. “Omg, I would just love to be with Jonghyun.” She said. I shook my head. ‘I must be the only one who doesn’t see it huh?’ I stareout the window. ‘Whoa, it’s beautiful outside. Maybe I should do my homework outside today.’ I look down at my phone and I had about 20 more minute of lunch left. I pick up my tray and start walking toward the trash when someone force fully pushed me down. “ YAH, Watch were you’re going geek” It was the same girl from this morning. “I’m sorry.” I said  bowing repeatedly. Then suddenly I felt the persistent of someone else. “Hey, you okay?” I look up and see Jonghyun. I instantly became mad. “NO, I’m not. All I wanted was to make friends and not be bullied. This is turning out to be just like my last school” I said without holding back. “I’ll fix that for you then.”  He stands up and begans yelling. I just sit there in shock. ‘That didn’t help. That in fact made it worse.’ My eyes get watery and I decide not to fight it. Jonghyun grabs my hand and take me into the hall. “You okay?” He asks. “Umm… yeah… I gotta go.” I say quickly letting go of his hand. I run to my locker and grab the books. ‘Well there is no point of me stay.’ I close my locker and walked home.

                  “Omo, my legs hurt.” I say seating on the couch. I grab Musu's food off the counter and drop a few flasks into this fish bowel. “Why can’t you be human Musu? We would have so much fun.” I pull out a book and start on my homework. 

             *Ding Dong* “Who could that be?” I open the door and jump a little. “Jo…Jonghyun? Why are you here?” I said staring at him. “I have to be.” He said walking past me and into my house. I close the door and faced him. “What do you mean you have to be?” I ask. “Look here four eyes, my mom told me that your parent’s told you about are arranged marriage.” “Okay, so......" He sits down on the couch. “They want us to live together, starting tomorrow.” “WHAT? WHY?” “I don’t know. My mom just sent me here to tell you that. Oh, I think she bought a condo too.” “I don’t care if she bought a house I don’t want to live with you.” “Look here four eyes, it’s not my fault. I just came here to inform you. I’m trying to be nice and you’re making it real hard. Now I wanted to see if we could make a plan so we can get out of this arranged marriage." "Make a plan? Let me guess you want to do a contract marriage?" "No, I was thinking more of a..." "I dont care what you think. Just get out." I say louder then I needed to. "Nevermind then, I’m going to support this marriage." "Wait.....I.....didn't" "To late now, I'm going to make your life 100 times worse.” “That’s not fair. You have been bullying me since the first day of school. All I did was raise my voice, plus I don’t think you can get any worse then you already have.” “Oh really? Well let’s just see how bad I can be. See you tomorrow, Mrs. Kim” I shivered at that name. ‘Mrs. Kim?’ “UGH GET OUT!!" “Whatever you say love.” He gets up from the couch and walks to the door. “Bye Mrs. Kim” He winks and blows me a kiss. I slam the door and run to the couch. ‘What did I just start?”