Step 2: Training

How to get the: Boy

"Sooo, what's the short-cut thing...?" You asked Jia once you were in the car.

"Oh, you'll see..." She said with a mischevious smirk.

***

You and Jia arrived at the mall. The biggest in the entire city. You gulped nervously. "So uhhh, what was the plan?" You asked, stepping out of the car, your knees wobbling.

"Tch, come on Mi Sun, you cant possibly have thought there was a short cut to this." Jia said with a raised eye brow, your jaw dropped in horror.

"You cant be serious!!?" You whined, Jia pat you on the back.

"This is the only way you'll learn... By the way, you look like a new born baby giraffe..." Jia said looking at your legs, you felt like your ankles were going to cave in.

"No, I hadnt noticed." You said sarcastically. You looked at Jia, who was standing tall in her heels just fine. She'd made it look so easy! "Ugh, how do you do that?" You asked, thinking outloud, Jia looked down at her feet.

"Years of practice." She said with a shrug.

"Years?!" You retorted stomping and regretting it. "Jae Jin isnt going to be single for years."

"You'll get better! For the time being, you just need to get good enough that you arent limping."  Jia said, pulling you into the mall.

"Where are we going?" You asked.

"For the time being," She said taking out her notebook, "Training, step two."

"Is it as simple as it sounds?"

"Basically, we train your posture, not to bite your nails, not to talk with food in your mouth, walking in heels... All down to sitting with your legs crossed." She said closing the notebook and smiling, pushing up her glasses.

***

"So you're single?"Hong Ki asked Jae Jin, Jae Jin nodded. "Why dont we embrace the fact that you're single? Go out partying, flirt with girls. No commitment."

"What if I end up liking a girl, and she likes me too?" Jae Jin asked, Hong Ki shrugged.

"If things get too serious I'll make sure you two are put at a safe distance." He said.

"Safe distance...?" Jae Jin questioned.

"I'll be like, your body guard, okay? Trust me, I will not let things get that far!" Hong Ki chuckled, "Relax, now we can have like, guy time."

"What? Guy time?"

"Yeah, do guy stuff."

"Riiiight... Um, okay, I guess...."

"Wait, do you already like a girl?" Hong Ki asked, narrowing his eyes at Jae Jin.

"Hmm?!" Jae Jin looked elsewhere. "No way...."

"Yeah, okay... Whatever you say." Hong Ki said. Jae Jin let out a sigh of relief. Jae Jin did infact like someone, for a long time. He thought it was better not to reveal his feelings though. It was no use, she never saw him like that.

***

Mi Sun had made about three laps around the mall, her feet and knees were aching, she desperately wanted to take them off but Jia said she would leave her there if she did. In your three laps....

In the Hair Salon

"I dont want to dye my hair!!" Mi Sun said frowning holding her head. Jia crossed her arms.

"Guys love light brown haired girls!" She said putting Mi Sun's hands down.

"But my platinum hair is pure...." Mi Sun whined, looking at Jia hopefully, thinking she'd reconsider.

"Honey, your roots are showing." She said lifting up her bangs.

"Well, I was going to re-bleach it..." Mi Sun said fidgeting in her chair.

"We'll dye it honey brown and give you a light perm, so you dont have to curl your hair all the time." Jia said playing with Mi Sun's hair, she gasped,

"You're going to curl it too?!"

"Yep, you'll look gorgeous! Dont worry, he wont even recognize you."

"Isnt that a bad thing?"

"No, he wont recognize you in a good way."

"O-ohh, okay.."

In the Nail Salon

"Ughh, you know I chip at my nail polish..." Mi Sun said turning to Jia, she nodded.

"I know, this is suppose to train you not to do that." Jia leaned over the counter, "Can you put lace designs on my friend's nails? mani and pedi? Thanks~" 

Mi Sun could barely sit still for the entire hour the lady did her nails. Sitting down was nice though, since her feet were aching. After she was done, Jia inspected Mi Sun's nails. "They look adorable!" She chirped clapping her hands excitedly. "Dont scratch at them, okay?" Mi Sun nodded.

In the Make-up Store

"Neutral colors. Okay?" Jia said holding up browns and grays. Mi Sun frowned once more.

"Jia, you know I love bold colors." Mi Sun protested.

"Yes, I know very well you love bold colors. But once you are together you can slowly turn back into your old self. Okay?"

"Pretty manipulative, dont you think?"

"Guys dont even notice."

***

You collapsed at the food court. Putting your head on the cold plastic table. "Hey! Dont do that!" Jia said giving you a light smack. "You'll ruin your make-up." She added before taking out her camera, "Look alive~" She said before snapping a picture. You took the camera from her and inspected the photo, you didnt even recognize yourself. "Ahhhhh, you look gorgeous~" Jia said as she smiled with pride.

"You're sure this will get his attention?" You asked. Though, it wasnt like you could undo all the changes Jia had made.

"Positive. Look, you're getting a lot of attention right now. See, that guy is cute... You sure you just want Jae Jin?" She asked looking around the food court. You nodded. They were cute, but your heart was set on Jae Jin.

"I dont think I can do this everyday..." You said looking back at the picture.

"It's easy really, just do your make-up, normally with the stuff I gave you though. Then your hair, you just comb it and put it in a bun. The curls will stay, dont worry."

"If you insist.... When does the good stuff happen?" You asked with a beaming smile, Jia looked at you confused.

"What do you mean good stuff? Dates?" Jia asked. You nodded, she tapped her chin for a moment and bit her lip.

"WELL, umm.... He has to notice you first. Then from there, he should ask you."

"Notice me? We're best friends, I'm sure that part wont be a problem.... And then, he's shy, you sure he'll ask me?"

"Mi Sun, he will. And, notice you in that way. Like, not just as friends."

Your heart sank, right. He only thought of you as a friend. You were determined though, you would win Jae Jin's heart, no matter the obstical.

***