Step 4: Hinting

How to get the: Boy

"Hinting?" You questioned, Jia nodded, sliding the notebook over to you. "Hinting will get me nowhere..." You sighed. 

Jia shook her head, "You cant possibly think that! Hinting is like prime. Remember, you're shy girl, you dont know how to be straight up about your feelings!"

".... I dont?"

"Nope~"

"So, what am I suppose to be hinting exactly?"

"That you want to go on a date."

"Okay... How do I do that without saying I want to go on a date?" You asked, still not fully understanding how to hint something.

"Say everything but that."

"Umm...... Okay....."

"OKAY! Great, tell me how it goes, I have to go, stupid photoshoot, I hate standing under those hot freaking lights for hours. Anyways, love ya girly, later~"

You blinked for a moment, looking at the notebook, and going over the little notes Jia had written in red for you. To put it quite simply it all summed up to the same basic message: Dont screw up!

***

Mi Sun walked over to Jae Jin's dorm room, wearing lace tights and simple flats, (thank god!) with a red sweater, that had a little black accent bow on the collar. As for hair, she tied them into simple pig tails. Makeup was the usual deal, but with neutral colors, just as Jia had said. Mi Sun hesitated to knock, hoping Hong Ki was on a schedule, so he wouldnt get on her about coming over to see Jae Jin.

To Mi Sun's extraordinary luck, Jae Jin answered. He bit into his apple, "Hello?"

Mi Sun rolled her eyes, he still didnt recognize her? "Jae Jin. It's me. Mi Sun."

"OH! Right, sorry, the other day was kind of a blur, I kinda forgot..." He said staring at you for a moment, you laughed, pushing past him and walking into their living room.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." She said cooly, sitting on the arm rest of the sofa and crossing her legs.

"Dont mind if I do...." He murmured taking his phone out of his pocket. "Smile, Mimi~"

Mi Sun flashed her brightest smile, Jae Jin smiled, looking down at his phone. "Lemme see!!" She demanded, Jae Jin walked over to her and showed her the picture on his phone. "Hmmm.... I'll let you keep it..." She said.

"Good, because I'm setting it to your contact so I dont forget~"

"GASP! How could you ever forget me?!" Mi Sun asked, batting her lashes, and looking up at her oppa.

"I couldnt, but just your new image. That's what I forget."

Mi Sun stared at Jae Jin for a while in silence. "Tell me when my face is ingrained in your memory."

"If I say no, can I stare at you forever?"

Mi Sun noticably blushed, "Maybe..." She mumbled, looking down at her hands that were now in her lap.

"Haha, you're so funny Mi Sun~" Jae Jin said, pinching Mi Sun's red tinted cheeks.

Mi Sun hit Jae Jin's shoulder and pulled him down to the sofa, not being shy at all, by taking a seat in his lap and wrapping her arms around his neck. "When you were with Ah Ri..." Mi Sun began, breathing slowly, being sure to make eye contact with Jae Jin, so their eyes would not wander. "I mean... When you went on your first date, what was it like?"

Jae Jin tensed a bit, "Ummm...... Maybe... A week after I met her, we were watching a movie here, and I asked her if you wanted to go out on a date. She said yes, and soooo, we went to a fancy italian resturant."

"I've never been on a date before..." Mi Sun said, looking down and letting out a soft sigh.

"We've been on dates before."

"We have...?" Mi Sun asked, making a weird face at him.

"Mhm, all the time, that walk to the park, when we always go to the pizza parlor- Stuff like that. I consider those dates."

"Ohh...." Mi Sun said quietly, pushing the layer of hair covering her face, behind her ear. "Well.... Can you ask me on another one?" She asked, twiddling her thumbs.

"On a date?" He asked, tipping Mi Sun's head towards his own, she gulped.

"Y-yes...?"

"Of course!"

"So....?"

"You wanna go on a date?" He asked, picking her up and setting her down on the kitchen counter a few feet from them.

"Okay!" Mi Sun said with a smile. Jia made this sound a lot harder then it really is.... I hope I hinted right....

***

"How'd it go?" Jia asked out of breath, you had gone to go meet up with her, at her onstage practice performance. As always, she was amazing. She pat her face with the towel on her shoulders and opened a water bottle, taking a sip, and looking at you, waiting for you to tell her everything. Of course, since that was always what she asked of you, to tell her all about your strange "lovelife" if it did, infact, exist.

"Uhh.... Good, I guess, I got him to ask me, that's the point right?" You asked taking the water bottle from her hands before she closed it and taking a sip as well.

Jia smirked, "Really? That's great! I take it.... Hinting was easy for you?"

"I guess, I hope I did a good job."

"It's suppose to come really easily for girls. It drives most guys insane- But when we are honest and say what we think, what we feel, straight to the point, they get uncomfortable." Jia said rolling her eyes and taking her water bottle back, and twisting the cap back on.

You puffed out your cheeks, "Guys are so complicated..."

"Indeed they are~ No matter, you will win this one, and he will be head over heels for you!"

"He wears heels?" You asked, raising an eye brow at your strange best friend. She giggled,

"I dont know, you tell me!"

"For the time being.... I dont think he does.... Then again.... He might...." You said, looking down and thinking for a moment. "Well.... I mean.... I know one of the FTisland members did, atleast, once.... I cant remember which one though...."

"Boys are weird...."

"Boys seem to be a lot of things, huh?"

Jia nodded in agreement, "So- Tell me about this date of yours?" She asked, her eyes lighting up with excitement. It had become quickly apparent when you and Jia had first met, that Jia got excited quite a lot.

***