The Feeling

Black Widow
Please log in to read the full chapter

5
    I stayed in my room for the remainder of the weekend, too scared to leave, until I was forced to return to school on Monday morning. Gathering the courage to step out of my car that day was one of the hardest things I ever did. I took a deep breath as I walked towards the front doors of the school, studying the faces of the students that passed by. Surely, the news of Changjo’s death had been released to the public. I noticed that everyone was acting strange. They were all being extremely cautious, shifting their eyes from left to right. They thought nobody could be trusted anymore. Some people I could tell were genuinely upset over Changjo’s death, others were just scared, but most of the girls were just sad because, and I quote, “he was so hot. Now I’ll never be able to date him.” The fact that some people could be so shallow in such a serious situation was nauseating. I passed by a bulletin board in the main hallway and the school newspaper was posted on it. The headline read “Trinity High School Student Lee Changjo Found Murdered” followed by a very flattering photo of Changjo on the football field. Underneath it read “photo by Kim Namjoon.” My blood ran cold as I read that last word on the headline. Murdered. And it was all my doing. I was startled when Namjoon himself appeared behind me.

    “Its crazy isn’t it.” He said, staring at the paper. I didn’t say anything, I just nodded. The image of Changjo’s eyes dilated in fear flashed in my mind. I shuddered at the memory. “One day he’s running around scoring touchdowns, the next, he’s gone.” Namjoon continued.

    “Yeah…” was all I said. I really didn’t want to talk about Changjo, but he was the only thing on anyone’s mind.

---

    The next few days were shadowed with an eerie feeling. Nobody seemed to be their usual selves. I kept up with the daily news, the police seemed to have no leads. I breathed a sigh of relief. As far as I knew, I left no evidence: no weapon, no prints, no DNA. How could

Please log in to read the full chapter