Some Father

Black Widow
Please log in to read the full chapter

11
    “So what’s been going on with you?” I asked. I was extremely eager to change the subject and ignore the fact that I was almost just . Namjoon exhaled, probably not wanting to talk about it. He said he would, though, and Namjoon is a man of his word.

    “It’s about my dad.” He said. That’s not really what I was expecting to hear, and it surprised me.

    “Oh? What about him?” I inquired.

    “He came back.” Namjoon stated. Now that definitely was unexpected. My eyes widened with surprise. I knew it had been years since Namjoon and his father had spoken, and I really wanted to know why he’d come back after so long. “Can you guess why he came back to us?” he continued.

    “No…” I answered. I really had no idea, but I was hoping it was a good reason as to why he returned. We continued walking along the path as Namjoon explained.

    “He’s broke. That piece of came crawling back to my mom because he’s spent all of his money. He had the nerve to ask her for more. After all he’s done to us…” Namjoon started to tear up out of anger. I wrapped my arms around his waist and he rested his head on my shoulder.

    “I’m sorry, Namjoon. You don’t deserve this.” I whispered. He gently pulled away from me and smiled in embarrassment. His cute dimples showed, giving me the urge to kiss him, but I resisted.

    “Pretend you never saw me cry.” Namjoon laughed.

    “Okay, I didn’t.” I said, smiling. Namjoon suddenly became serious again.

    “But if he comes back to our house one more time, I swear to God, I’ll kill him.” He said. His eyes were fierce and resembled black holes. It was like I could get into them and never return. I knew by the way he looked and the way he said it that he was one-hundred percent serious. All I did was nod. There was a short moment of silence.

    “Would… Would you like to come back to my house with me?” I asked shyly. This was the first time I asked a guy, let alone Namjoon, to spend the night. I wasn’t planning on us doing anything “bad,” I just wanted some company tonight. Namjoon’s smile returned.

    “Yeah, sur

Please log in to read the full chapter