Empty Hearse

Black Widow
Please log in to read the full chapter

15
    Namjoon didn’t hesitate to grab my arm and run as fast as he could towards the car. I could barely keep up and it felt like my legs were about to collapse beneath me, but somehow we made it to Namjoon’s jeep. Everything that happened between the opening of the window and the arrival at my house was all a blur. All I knew is we ended up in my bedroom, shaking and gasping for air. It hit me that that woman had to have called the police once she found out what was going on. I had to know what happened after Namjoon and I fled the scene. I reached for my remote and switched my TV on, turning to the local news channel. Sure enough, there was a woman reporting some “Breaking News.” It scared me how fast the media could be onto something that happened not twenty minutes ago.

    “I’m here at the scene of yet another killing in the string of local murders that has occurred recently. It appears that the victim, Jung Sungmin, was stabbed several times before a woman witnessed the attack from her bedroom window and immediately called the police. The suspect fled the scene before authorities could arrive. … Wait, I’m just receiving some new information. The victim is still alive!”

    Everything after those last few words turned into white noise in my ears. Sungmin did not die. I couldn’t breathe, my heart was pounding a mile a minute, my hands were shaking. My body was reacting before my mind was able to process the information I had just been fed.

    “Namjoon.” I gasped. I reached out my hands towards him but they were still shaking. He grabbed onto my hands and held them firmly.

    “Sooji, calm down.” Namjoon pleaded. How was he so unfazed by this!? I didn’t understand.

    “Calm down? Don’t you know what this means!?” I cried, “They will take Sungmin to the hospital, and as soon as he regains consciousness the police will ask him who did this to him. Sungmin will be able to identify us and we are going to be caught.”

    “You don’t know that for a fact. He probably lost a lot of blood. He might not make it.” Namjoon said. It was possible, but not likely. We only stabbed Sungmin twice, and we avoided his heart. I doubted that he wo

Please log in to read the full chapter