Fun's Over

Black Widow
Please log in to read the full chapter

13
    I hadn’t realized that a week had already passed and it was time to return to school again. Getting out of my bed was extremely hard that morning, and it took me about fifteen minutes, but I finally did it. I grumpily got ready for school and headed out the door. On the way, I decided to stop at McDonald’s for breakfast to cheer myself up. I walked through the doors of the school, sipping on my Coke and watched the other people in the hallways. They’re faces were blank and pale and they barely spoke at all. The whole school was eerily silent. Everyone was almost like a ghost, and it was creeping me out. I quickly grabbed my textbooks and headed to my first class where I would be more at ease. I sat down at my desk and wrote down random song lyrics to distract myself from the ghostly faces around me. Suddenly, a pair of hands closed my notebook. I looked up, and Namjoon was there.

    “Oh, what are you doing in here?” I asked. People started staring at Namjoon, since this wasn’t his class and he wasn’t supposed to be here. Upon first look, Namjoon looked completely normal, but as I studied his face more, I saw his skin, too, was pale. His eyes were dilated with fear. “Is everything okay?” I added, feeling his forehead. It was cold.

    “This morning I stopped by the old bridge to see if the body was there and it wasn’t. Sooji, its gone.” Namjoon whispered. . This was bad. I was assuming that the police found the body and took it to the morgue for an autopsy. The police aren’t stupid, they would find out that Namjoon’s father didn’t die when he fell off the bridge. They would know he was murdered.

    “Namjoon, its gonna be okay. You have no criminal record, and they don’t have the murder weapon. Plus your mom is protecting you; she got rid of the evidence at the house. Even if the police somehow made the connection between you and the body, your mom wouldn’t sell you out.” I said. All of this was true, but I still worried that the police would somehow find out. I didn’t mention that, though. I wanted to comf

Please log in to read the full chapter