3. Everything makes you think of her

11 Signs that you're in love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

In a matter of time, the news about Amber being a trainee under Seoul Music Entertainment has been the hottest topic for a few days, before her fangirls realize that they’re starting to increase in number. Though still unofficial, they were able to establish a site, where anything about Amber was posted. And even if she’s still a trainee, Amber already felt how it seemed like there are people who are always watching her. And it started to suffocate her. Despite that, she managed to balance her studies, basketball and her practices… except for the fact that the time she get to spend with Krystal Jung lessened.

 

Even the calls and SNS lessened, just because she’s too busy to keep the conversation going.

 

And then one day, a gossip broke out involving Krystal Jung and Kang Minhyuk, who’s also an honor student. Apparently, a student saw Minhyuk and Krystal talking in a secluded area in the school, and being a curious one, the student eavesdropped. According to her, she heard Minhyuk confessed to the girl and asked her, rather convinced her to go out with him, even for once, to which the girl agreed, hence the conclusion of the curious student that they’re already dating.

 

“If you’re not interested in him, you shouldn’t have agreed in the first place to go out on a date with him.” Luna commented as soon as they’ve heard the whole story from the young girl, herself.

 

“I just tried, okay? He said that if I’d still have the same answer after going out with him, then he’ll respect my decision.” The young girl defended.

 

“And did he do what he promised?” Sulli asked this time.

 

“Of course!”

 

“But don’t you think that the gossips about the two of you will only spark some hope on him?” Luna asked.

 

“I don’t care. We’re not together and that’s it. I’m not going to do anything about it. The news will die down soon.” Krystal convinced her friends.

 

“Then what about Amber?” Luna asked again.

 

“And how come Amber got involved in this conversation?”

 

“Because if I remember it right, Amber also told you that she likes you, right? And as far as we can also remember, you’re keeping in contact with her despite her busy schedule.”

 

“We’re only friends, and being that, I don’t see any special meaning about us talking over the phone. And besides… it’s not like we’re always talking with each other.” The young girl explained, with the last sentence having a different tone that made the short girl raise her brows.

 

“They might mean nothing to you, but they may mean everything for Amber.” Sulli blurted out. “Because out of all people, we think that she talks to you more than anyone.”

 

“Th-Then… I don’t have anything to do with it.”

 

“Have you ever talked about the real status of your so-called ‘friendship’?” Luna asked, emphasizing the last word. “Because I think it’s kind of unfair for Amber.”

 

Krystal was about to answer the question, but the sudden squeals from the girls in the cafeteria made her and her two other friends to look towards the entrance, where they saw the tomboy entered, with her friends. And since they’re sitting near the counter, it is impossible for Amber not to see them.

 

But to their surprise, the tomboy didn’t even glance at them and just passed by them, bought a sandwich and a bottle of juice before leaving the cafeteria and her friends, who stayed inside.

 

Perplexed with what just happened, the young girl excused herself and told her friends that she forgot to return a book from the library. Though both know that she’s lying, they just let her.

 

She doesn’t know exactly where the tomboy went, but her guts tell her that she might be there. She has to know why Amber seems to be avoiding her the past few weeks, which was something that she hasn’t told Luna and Sulli yet.

 

“A sandwich and a bottle of juice for lunch… seriously? Are you trying to kill yourself?” She confronted the tomboy first about the food she’s eating, as soon as she arrived at her ‘secret place,’ which also became Amber’s hiding place after the latter found her there one day.

 

“Maybe…” The tomboy answered before shoving the last piece of her sandwich into .

 

“Yah! What kind of answer is that?!” Krystal asked before walking in front of Amber to hand out a box to her. “Here!”

 

“Eh? What is this?”

 

“Eat more.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter