2. It doesn’t matter what you’re saying

11 Signs that you're in love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Who are you texting?” Jiyoung asked, as she noticed that her best friend has been so busy texting someone since the lunch break bell rang. The girl tried to peek the name on the phone but Krystal was able to close the phone quickly.

 

“It’s nothing important.”

 

“If that’s someone not important, then why are you choosing replying to those messages rather than eating your food.” Sulli said, before munching further her lunch.

 

Before Krystal could defend herself, her phone lit, signifying that a message has been received. With quick hands, Jiyoung was able to snatch the phone away from the table, running beside Sulli this time.

 

“Yah! Give me back my phone.” Krystal demanded, hoping that her two friends won’t look at the whole conversation.

 

“O… M… G…” The two girls reacted initially, and their eyes grew wider as they scrolled through the whole conversation, “Are you… wait, 3am?! You guys are still talking even if it’s already 3am? No wonder you’re always sleepy in the morning.”

 

Yes, it’s true that lately, she’s been talking a lot to Amber through the phone, whether by call or SMS. It started when they were assigned to a project as partners, so they had to always communicate with each other, even be with each other, for a few weeks. But even after they passed the said project, the messages from the tomboy didn’t stop. Knowing that the latter likes her, Krystal tried her best to ignore them, but somewhere, whenever she let herself reply to even one message, the talks will last until it’s already late. That is only the time that she’ll realize that the conversation doesn’t really have any relevant topics. Their subject jumps from the latest movies, to the artists, to the gossips regarding the artists, new phones, fashion, and then to food, to the newly opened stores nearby, and so on.

 

And now that Amber has been absent for a few days already because she’s now with the basketball team, and they have to represent the school in a tournament, the more they talk. Though it’s always Amber, who’ll start the conversation first, the tomboy doesn’t mind.

 

“Ddoodoongie? What the… Is this even a word?” Jiyoung commented as she saw one of Amber’s messages.

 

“Wait, is that your petname? Then what’s with the ‘Princess’ name-calling?” Sulli asked.

 

The girl never answered any of their questions, but her flushed face was enough for the tw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter