1. She frustrates the living hell out of you, and yet you still tolerate her.

11 Signs that you're in love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal Jung, a straight A student adored by many as she possesses not only brains but also beauty and talent. She has everything, and by everything, it means even the things that annoy her. For example, Amber Liu, the typical boy-next-door, who turns out to be a girl, who grew up in America. She’s a tomboy that you’ll see almost with everyone, as she’s the school’s Ms./Mr. Congeniality all put up in one body. Guys love her as she’s not awkward with them and can even beat them in a one-on-one basketball game, or eat like a pig without caring about etiquette, or even just a simple jamming in someone’s garage. Girls love her, as she’s thoughtful, gentlewoman, and your typical ‘boyfriend material.’

 

But Krystal Jung is different.

 

Being a smart girl, she hates stupid people, who happens to be our boy/girl-next-door. Though Amber herself isn’t really a good-for-nothing, dumb student, she’s always included in the top 20 when it comes to academics. She just doesn’t like taking things seriously, including studying.

 

Unknown to the rest of the school population, Amber is literally the girl-next-door of Krystal Jung. And yes, their apartments are situated just next to each other. And since Amber arrived from the States, her stupid llama face, according to Krystal, never stopped bothering her.

 

“I mean, of all people, why me?!” Krystal exclaimed to Sulli and Jiyoung after a few months since Amber transferred to their school. “Why did she choose to bother me? And even if I’m not even talking to her, she’ll approach me and annoy the living hell out of me. And she won’t stop until she gets what she wants.”

 

“What if it’s just her way of showing you that she likes you?” Jiyoung asked.

 

“Likes me? Like… like like? You’ve got to be kidding me! If there’s anything that she likes to do to me, it’s not to like me romantically, but she likes annoying me!”

 

“Hey, Jung Soojung, take it easy, lady.” Sulli said as she patted her friend’s shoulder to calm her down. “People are already looking at our direction.”

 

Unbeknownst to them, it’s not the reason why people start looking at their direction. It’s actually Amber J. Liu, who’s already making her way towards their table in the cafeteria. As the tomboy was a few steps away from the Krystal, she pulled out a scary mask that she got out of her cabinet one random day. She put it on her face and poked the poor girl on the back.

 

As soon as Krystal turned around… “AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!” A loud screech echoed through the whole cafeteria, almost breaking the eardrums of the students inside. But as the poor long-haired girl realized that the tomboy just did a prank on her, she felt so embarrassed, especially when the students started to laugh. She felt like they’re laughing at her, but it’s really because of the prank.

 

But nonetheless, it is still embarrassing.

 

*SLAP!*

 

The roar of laughter suddenly died down as the loud slap was heard. Amber was so shocked that her body froze for a moment, but she was still able to hear Krystal mumble, “I hate you so much, Amber,” before walking out of the hall, crying.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter