Dance evening?!

Hanguk Annyeong!

The last lesson for today was nearly over, but after that we will need to do selfstudying and I really hate this part of Korean school! Why can’t I just go home and study at home as long as I want to? It‘s useless that we need to stay in school, but I can’t change it. I was totaly in my thoughts when the teacher said: „Jane? I guess you should listen!“ I winced and nodded. „Ok. Is everybody listening now?“ We nodded all. „Ok. In 3 months we will have a dance evening where EVERYBODY has to take part in! Just if you have a broken leg you’re allowed to not dance but you have to come. Everybody is having this awesome evening when they are in the grade you are in now. During the dancing lessons you dance with someone who your dancing teacher is telling you to dance with, but at the official dancing evening you are allowed to dance with your dancing-date. Understod?“ We all nodded. A few girls started to talk exited and squeaked. I guess that they talked about with who they would like to dance at that evening. Suddendly it came into my mind that 3 months are nit that much to fin a date. I was quite sure that WooHyun or L, or perhaps both would ask me, but if I’m sincere I might be happy if JB would ask me out for that evening! But… 3 months… I just talked 2 words with him yet and I don’t know if he just talked with me because he wanted tob e nice and didn’t wanted me to feel alone and hated by them. EunMi noticed that I was in my thoughts again. „He!“, she wispered. „With who do you want to go there?“ She grinned again with that smile I hate so much. She just knew what was in my mind… always… „I don’t know… How about you?“, I smiled and tried to change the topic into with who she would like to go. „Well…“, she came veeeery close to my ear and wispered. „It would be so cool if I could go there with Rome.“ „I KNEW IT!“, I shouted and my teacher immediately glared at me with an engry expression. „Sorry.“, I wispered and everybody started to laugh exept EunMi, she just smiled at me. „I guess it’s easy to find out about it…“, she said. „No! I just saw how you looked at him when he and WooHyun talked about the girls in Australia.“, I smiled at her. „Oh… Thats good than! I really don’t want him to know about it!“ „Huh? Why? If he knows about it hemight ask you to go there with him!“, I replied. „Please be quiet now! I’m not ready!“, the teacher said in a loud voice. Everybody was quiet again. „The dancing lessons will be every Saturday between 10 and 11.30 am and before you start to say that it’s weekend and you won’t come I just can repeat myself. You have to come! If you’re not coming you will get extra homework or you will need to help to clean the school.“ With his last words the school bell rang and we all went out of the class room and walked to our forced-to-stay-in-school-and-study-rooms, how I called them.

At 11pm I stod up and rushed out oft he room looking to the ground, well I guess it would have been much better to look streight, because I ran into someone. „Oh! Sorry!“, I excused and looked up. Oh no! JB! How embarrassing. „No problem.“, he smiled nicely. „Are you going home? WooHyun wanted me to tell you that he’s going home later and you shouldn’t wait for him, so I just went by.“ I smiled and nodded. „Ok! Thank you for telling me.“, I wanted to walk tot he door and leaf the school, I was really tired and just wanted to sleep, but JB hold my wrist and grinned. „Wher do you live? I can’t let you go home alone! It’s dangerous for a foreign, young girl.“ I laughed. „You really don’t need to! My home is just a few minutes away of here, but thanks for offering me.“ „Huh really? My home is nearby too!“ He told me his adress and I noticed that he lived in the next street, so it might be 5 minutes to his home. Why did they all live close to me?! Fortune. I laughed nervously. „You life really close to my home.“ „Oh really? Then it’s really no problem! I can bring you home!“, he said and I just couldn’t say no, because he already walked through the door and I guess that whatever I would say to him, I won’t have a chance to walk home alone. In fact I really wanted him to walk with me, but I was so nervous and I was sure that I won’t be able to talk with him normaly. „Jane? C’mon!“, he held the door open with one hand and already stod outside. „Ah… yes!“, I ran over to him and prayed that I won’t be too nervous.