School is...

Hanguk Annyeong!

BEEP BEEEEP BEEEEEP  I took my mobile and turned the sound off. Time to get up and also time to get ready for school. My first school day after summer break and also my first school day in korea. Imediatly, when I had this thought, my heart nearly jumped out of my body. I was so nervous.

When I wanted to walk out of the house I hoped not to meet WooHyun, but my wish failed. Exactly in that moment when I opened the door of our garden came WooHyun out of his house and saw me. He smiled and walked over to me. „Are you exited how our school will be?“, he asked. „No. I guess like every other school.“, with these words I turned to my right and in the direction of the main street and started to walk. „Hey! Don’t run away!“, he said and made a few fast steps until he was next to me again. „I was walking. Not running.“ Oh god. He was so annoying. While we were walking to school I didn’t say a word and ignored him. He was like a puppy, always by my side and always in a good mood. But me… I just was tired and wanted to go back home and sleep. When we arrived at the school we still had 40 minutes until the lessons would start, because he wanted to show me the school area we both woke up earlier. At first he showed me the sports part oft he schoo. Outside there was a way to run circles and in the middle of this way there was a field to play football etc. There also was a sports house, but we just stood infront o fit, cause we hadn’t a key for it. After he explained me the room order and also showed me where I can go to when I feel sick and where the pricipal is and the teachers we stod beside stairs, he was explaining me something again, but I didn’t listen to him, because beside us, at the stairs, happened something that attracted my attention. A boy ran down the stairs with a beanie in his hand and a girl followed him yelling that he should give it back to her. At the last few steps the girl stumbled and landed at the end oft he stairs on her stomatch. Gladly she could stop herself with her arms, so she didn’t land on her face. She stod up and shouted: „This is sparta!“ I nearly started to laught. When she reached the boy, who stopped running after he noticed that she fell down, she took him the beanie out oft he hand and grinned. „Ha! I got it back!“ She looked at her watch and widen her eyes. „OMO! The lesson will start soon! I can’t come late at the first day again!“ She wanted to run away, but bumped into the toilet door, which was opened by a teacher who wanted to walk out. Now I really couldn’t stop my self and laughed. „Hya! Jane! Don’t you listen to me?“, WooHyun asked. „Sorry!“, I laughed. „But you should have seen what happened!“ He just lifted one eyebrow and looked at me madly. „Mianhae (sorry).“, I smiled.  „I guess we should go into the classroom now.“, he said and we walked in the direction where the girl ran into the door. Now I missed what happened after she bumped into the door. WooHyun is so annoying., I thought angrily. In the classroom I sat down on a random place and WooHyun sat down at the place next to me, which was next to the window. WHY?!, I thought and nearly died. Wasn’t it enought that he always followed me around and talked without taking one breath?! Now he needs to sit next to me too?! Gosh. Please god, why had you done that to me?

A few minutes later the teacher, who opened the toilet door earlier, entered the classroom and the girl who ran into the door was behind him, having band aids on her cheek and nose. She sat down at the last free seat, at the right of me, and took out her school stuff. The teacher smiled into the class. „So! I hope you all had a great summer break?“ All nooded. „And! We have a new student from america. She’ll stay at this school until she’s graduating I guess right?“, he looked at me and wanted me to answer. „Yeah right.“, I nooded. „Do you want to come in the front and introduce yourself  to the class?“ I stod up and walked to the teacher, turned tot he class and everybody was looking at me, not even one person wasn’t interessted. „So… I’m Jane Lee. My dad is german and my mum is korean but grew up in america (even if I don’t look like half korean). I hope you will accept me in your class. Yeah… I guess that’s it.“ The whole class was shoked when they heared that I wasn’t a full american girl. I walked back to my seat and the teacher started the lesson.

In the short break between the lessons the girl, who bumbed into the door, turned to me and smiled.

„Hey! I’m EunMi. Nice to meet you!“ We started to talk and immediately noticed that we have many things we like both. For example kPop. We talked about everything that came in our mind and laughted much, in every short break. When the bell rang for lunch time WooHyun said: „Let’s go eat lunch together ok?“ But then EunMi said: „She’s my wife! She’ll eat lunch with me for sure!“ „Your wife? After one day?!“ „Yeah!“, I laughed and stod up. The boy who stealed EunMi’s beanie came to us and asked EunMi: „Let’s go to lunch together?“

„Hya! L.Joe! You go with me! I don’t wanna be alone with L and Chunji! These two are just to stupid when they are together. I need you!“, WooHyun said angrily and also a little bit begging to him. „Ok ok. Let’s go and leave the girls alone.“, L.Joe answered and the two left the classroom.

When EunMi and I walked to the cafeteria all students stared at me and started to wisper. I really hadn’t a good feeling when everybody was talking about me. I wish I just could sink into the ground. „Ignore them! They love talking about new students and guess about their life.“, EunMi said like she could read my minds. I nooded and smiled at her. I was so glad that I found someone other beside WooHyun to talk with. When we entered the cafeteria I saw WooHyun and L.Joe sitting at a table with two other boys. When I saw the four sitting together I noticed that they were the four guys at the school area when I was going there with my dad. WooHyun noticed me, waved and smiled. One of the guys turned around and when he saw me he smiled in a strange way, looked to WooHyun and said something I couldn’t hear because of the noice in here. Was he perhaps the one who said that he could bet that he’ll be my boyfriend soon?

When EunMi and I sat down at a small table, 2 meters away of the boys, the I-bet-boy stared at me without looking away for one second. EunMi noticed him too. „Oh no. Poor you! I guess L has his new victim!“ „Victim?“, I asked. „When he sees a girl he wanna have he’ll never let go of you until you are his. Believe me! Thats so annoying. He tried it with me once too.“ „Oh god. WooHyun is enough!“ EunMi started to laught, right in that moment L stod up and walked to our our table. NO! Please not!