How everything started

Hanguk Annyeong!

„Mom! Why do we have to move to Korea?! I don’t wanna go there!“, I shouted angrily. My mother looked at me, totally surprised. „I thought you love Korea!“ „I do! But I don’t wanna go there to school! That’s just aweful over there. Then I really have no freetime! Whole day school, homework and studying! That’s just horror! And you will see me even less. Do you really want that?“ „Well, I can’t change it. Your dad has to work there now and we can’t change it like I said and to that point: I still never see you because you’re always in your room watching kDramas, whats good for your korean skills, I’m sure they will help you very much in korea! Your korean is much better than ours I guess.“ „Can’t I stay over here two more years to finish school and then come to Korea?“, that was my last idea. Korea is my favourite country and I always wanted to live there! But school over there is so exhausting, so I decided for myself to move there after graduating from school, but now I HAVE to go there and I can’t change it. „Darling, we still sent our things over and tomorrow is our flight. Sorry but we can’t leave you alone in America! We want to see you save. You can say whatever you want to, but we won’t change our minds and let you stay here.“, with these words my mom left the kitchen.

My dad knocked at the door of my room and entered my room with a big smile. „Jane! Wake up! Our flight will leave in 4 hours! We need to drive to the airport. Balli!“ Oh gosh. He was so happy and exited that he even used korean. „Yeah dad.“ I stood up and walked into the bathroom to change my clothes.  Oh god… Soon I have to go into a korean school. I noticed. At one side I was very exited and wanted to see my new school, meet my new classmates, but I was scared too, perhaps they won’t like my, stare at me.

My dad sat in the front, me at the seat behind of my dad‘s. Happily my mum walked out of the house and over to the car, opened the door and sat into it. „SO! Let’s go! I’m sure we’ll love it over there!“ „Yeah, right. You also don’t have to go into school.“, I said. „Oh c’mon! I’m sure you’ll love korea! And it’s Seoul! I guess you’ll have muuuuuch to see over there. It’s one of the biggest towns at the world! It’ll never get boring! I’m sure.“, my dad smiled, I guess he wanted to cheer me up. I didn’t want to destroy their happy mood, so I just said: „Yeah. I’m sure I’ll always have something to do in Seoul.“  They hadn’t noticed that it has two meanings. First: I’ll always walk throught Seoul and I‘ll have much fun, second: studying…

Gladly my dad allowed me to use his WiFi connection, his enterprise paid it for him, in the plane for 3 hours. I chatted with my best friend and told her how boring it was. After the 3 hours passed I started to use the little tv in front of me. I watched some movies, listend to some korean and chinese songs and felt asleep.